Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide To Fitting Mist Type Jets On Your Ford

Lenny

Photos are no longer showing due to Photobucket bandwidth running out.

They will be visible again soon, thi_ happens from time to time,

Its the 10GB Bandwidth has been exceeded on the photobucket account caused by content from my account being download by others which is cool by me as its all there to help, but photobucket want money from those who use there servers the most, as result they want $2.99 to give me 20GB Bandwidth for 30 days,

I expect the clock to reset on 01st July unless someone wants to send me $2.99USD via PayPal and pay the fees i can then reset it immediately,

If required my address is: leonard.woods@live.ie

I am working to eliminate this issue in the future,

Most of my guides are now also available to download in PDF format which doesn't become affected by photobucket at all,

The PDF can be download and printed making it easier to have in hand when following,

The guides that currently have a PDF version carry a link on the first post.

I am currently unable to continue the Post to PDF transition because my laptop has broken thus losing access to Microsoft Word software,

I currently log on using my Android based phone.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused during image down time.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

Just to make it a bit clearer. The discount is as follows....

Go to this page: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6043381901.html

What you need to do is to place the order with Kevin, but do not pay. When given an opportunity to do so, pass a message to the seller through

the order page, and advise you are looking to reclaim Discount Code "FOC25D" - mention you are a member of this forum and the discount code

is as agreed with James. This will then give you the discount to $25 and free postage.

Enjoy :)

Thanks jeeb
  • Like 1

No worries fella, presuming he still sells them and accepts the discount lol

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thinking about this, but noticed the price has seemed to go up - but this place seems to have them cheap 2.81 each + 2.49 shipping (non-heated)

http://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/ford/1708796-kit-jet/

Good find there,

Ford once sold them for that price until lots of people wanted them,

Then they hicked up the price by 900% even Halfords were discusted at that price increase

Heated are the hard ones to get, sadly I haven't had chance to chase Kevin for an update on his stock...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm thinking about doing this mod, since one of my jets is not working properly, it's spraying water in different direction, so it's not hitting the window very well...aaaand I came across this listing:

http://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/ford/1708797-kit-jet/

Now, the description says it's a "kit", but is it really? I mean, can I expect this to be 2 pieces of jets, left and right? The price seems too good to be for two original Ford jets, but what do you know...

I'm going to order some parts from this website, so I'd like to include this in the list, can you please give me a hint?

Thanks, cheers! ;)

• Like 1

Seems to me to be one. U would say look at my signature as we have a deal with a supplier abroad basically two jets for 15 quid or so...

• Like 1

Hi guys, sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm thinking about doing this mod, since one of my jets is not working properly, it's spraying water in different direction, so it's not hitting the window very well...aaaand I came across this listing:

http://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/ford/1708797-kit-jet/

Now, the description says it's a "kit", but is it really? I mean, can I expect this to be 2 pieces of jets, left and right? The price seems too good to be for two original Ford jets, but what do you know...

I'm going to order some parts from this website, so I'd like to include this in the list, can you please give me a hint?

Thanks, cheers! ;)

Hi feel free to Resurrect as this is a Guide it never dies :)

From reading that link mate it looks to be the price for one Genuine mist jet,

The "kit" is not true, ford never sold these as a kit there sold individually,

Id confirm with seller weather one or two are supplied in sale as it says JET doesn't say JET's

Seems to me to be one. U would say look at my signature as we have a deal with a supplier abroad basically two jets for 15 quid or so...

Thanks, I checked your link and I'll probably make an order there, but then again, there's a price showing, at least I see it that way, that it's 30€ for pair (+ shipping of course). So I just need to order one piece of this and I'll get two jets, right? :)

Also, waiting times mentioned in the other thread have gotten better by now?

Hi feel free to Resurrect as this is a Guide it never dies :)

From reading that link mate it looks to be the price for one Genuine mist jet,

The "kit" is not true, ford never sold these as a kit there sold individually,

Id confirm with seller weather one or two are supplied in sale as it says JET doesn't say JET's

Yeah, I sent them an email too, but since it was over a weekend, I realised I'd probably get an answer here sooner :)

But after doing some google image search, I'm pretty sure it's really just one jet, not a pair...

• Like 1

Yes I believe it is for a pair, but drop Kevin an email and he should be able to confirm. I got the first pair from him, posted for £14 and heated :D

Granted he is in Hong Kong, so it does take a little longer to get here, but you pay a premium buying in the UK for the privelage of having it within a week. Whereas, for something like this, theres no harm buying from abroad and just waiting for it :)

• Like 1

Oh yeah, absolutely, I'm used to waiting, however in the thread were mentioned also delays with communication, so I'd be probably worried about this...and without the discount, the prize with delivery to Slovakia is pretty much the same, if not higher than from allcarpartsfast...but I fired them an email, so I'll see how is it with the jets.

• Like 1

Ok, so order placed, discount code sent with a message, now I'm waiting for update on the price so I can pay...I guess I'll get to it tomorrow because of the time difference...but thanks again for advice! :)

• Like 1

No worries even without the discount still cheaper than most places!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Will these mist jets fit straight on a MK1 focus?

• Like 1

Will these mist jets fit straight on a MK1 focus?

yep straight swap

they will even fit a Honda :)

• Like 1

yep straight swap

they will even fit a Honda :)

Great stuff thanks! I am guessing MK1s did't have the heated ones? I would run out a check but its raining that hard I can't see the car parked a few feet from my house :D

• Like 1

Great stuff thanks! I am guessing MK1s did't have the heated ones? I would run out a check but its raining that hard I can't see the car parked a few feet from my house :D

hate that :lol: sun shining in Ireland like WTF!

Not sure if mk1 had heated mate,

If you have heated windscreen then you could have heated jets.

hate that :lol: sun shining in Ireland like WTF!

Not sure if mk1 had heated mate,

If you have heated windscreen then you could have heated jets.

Yeah I have a heated windscreen, will wait for the weather to improve and run out.

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

Yeah I have a heated windscreen, will wait for the weather to improve and run out.

Thanks for your help!

No problem

you may like to view my full list of guides all done on a mk2.5 focus but some compatable on your model such as this one and the illuminated ignition ring with front and rear footwell lighting

See link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/68214-full-list-lennys-guides/

No problem

you may like to view my full list of guides all done on a mk2.5 focus but some compatable on your model such as this one and the illuminated ignition ring with front and rear footwell lighting

See link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/68214-full-list-lennys-guides/

Well thank you very much! I'm now tempted by a Green Cotton Air Filter! I'm just not sure if I can justify spending the money :(

Also Puddle Lights? Didn't even know such a thing existed :D

Anyway back on topic, has anyone got these mist jets from a dealer recently? Currently going for £10+ each on eBay, but the first post is saying they are allot cheaper?

• Like 1

I made the mistake of looking at another of Lenny's guides and I've been thinking about getting these too! I've searched eBay, Aliexpress, amazon and elsewhere and these are the best prices I've found... I think these are the right ones (non-heated):

Cheapest (from China) - £2.16 inc P&P - there are lots of this type available on Aliexpress too.

Cheapest UK seller- 11.98 + £1.00 P&P

I need to check whether I've currently got heated jets before I decide to proceed. I like to support UK business and cut down my carbon footprint where I can, but not at six times the cost! If I go ahead I think I'll be placing an order for the first pair!

• Like 1

Lenny should come with a warning...

"Reading guides by Lenny can have a detrimental effect on your bank balance. The FOC takes no responsibility for this effect!"

• Like 5

I made the mistake of looking at another of Lenny's guides and I've been thinking about getting these too! I've searched eBay, Aliexpress, Amazon and elsewhere and these are the best prices I've found... I think these are the right ones (non-heated):

Cheapest (from China) - £2.16 inc P&P - there are lots of this type available on Aliexpress too.

Cheapest UK seller- 11.98 + £1.00 P&P

I need to check whether I've currently got heated jets before I decide to proceed. I like to support UK business and cut down my carbon footprint where I can, but not at six times the cost! If I go ahead I think I'll be placing an order for the first pair!

Have you tried ford themselves?

Lenny should come with a warning...

"Reading guides by Lenny can have a detrimental effect on your bank balance. The FOC takes no responsibility for this effect!"

Agreed! :D

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club