Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St2 Hid Kit Help Required

Philf1

I feel a right prat cos a can't rotate the bulb in the holder and obviously can't put the bulb upside down without cutting a notch in the bulb holder. How did you guys get round this?

Where am I going wrong :(

Here's some loverly piccys of what I'm struggling with.

The original holder

Posted Image

The bulb in the original way

Posted Image

Bulb upside down and won't fit.

Posted Image

The bulb / unable to turn the base

Posted Image

• Like 1

if you see all the little metal tags that hold the holder to the lamp i bent them out to remove the bulb holder and turned it 180 and fitted it again by bending the tabs back to hold the bulb holder in place if you get me? but i wouldn't recommend doing it if you don't know what i mean

Thanks Dan I did try that but I have this in the way which is stopping me from pushing the bulb back in.

Posted Image

i see what you mean, just cut them off m8 i would, all i can see they are used for is to show the correct way to fit the bulbs but you need to turn yours 180 so if you really want to fit hids cut them out and file them down. thats your best bet i think

Thanks Dan.

I'll not bother chopping at the light so I'll leave them for now.

bend the notch back you can also file them off i did it with a grinder in a workbench 5 seconds work

Willy either thata or cut the hid so it will fit? The bulb wont be affected only the base so should be fine

Cut the bulb base but is now a loose fit so im binning them :(

They now turn quite easily and won't stay where I want them so I can't be chuffed with them. Sticking with the Night Breakers.

Yeah will do Dan. I can't believe how much hassle HIDs are, or I'm just a perfectionist ;)

perfectionist it is :P i cbaed with mine throw them on and in the engine bay cable tied the hell out of them to make sure they don't move haha, but going to put them in a Faraday cage arraignment at the weekend so they don't cause interference with anything

Just got those ones dave but the dark lines are a put off.

I don't have any on mine? And I just put them in normally, no bending of tabs or anything either.

My new HIDs arrived mid-week from HIDS-Direct, but couldn't fit earlier as I was working in London.

I have fitted them today and at last got some that work. So I bought a 6000k 35w canbus terminator kit. Fitting very straight forward and they look really good. Not quite as bright as my previous 55w but far better than the halogens. Only problem now is the DRL's look yellow but I guess not much can be done about that, anyone know if the bulbs in them can be up-graded.

A few pictures below, lights out

post-38083-0-73219100-1390603598_thumb.j

post-38083-0-56337400-1390603764_thumb.j

HID in-testing before refitting headlight unit

post-38083-0-13209400-1390603907_thumb.j

HID in offside and halogen in nearside for comparison

post-38083-0-45684500-1390604135_thumb.j

Fitted the HIDs again with some home made adapters and modified headlights and they seem to be perfect now.

I think Dan was asking about the location of the ballasts so here's where I put mine.

20140129_220706_zpstprxspcd.jpg

20140129_220635_zpsnfsy6hul.jpg

Cheers willy :) I'll try them there tomorrow see what happens also got a load of rfi eliminator coming lol, trying ferrite clips screening Faraday cage and also giving the ballasts their own own path so see what happens if i get time -.-

The radio interference is because the bulbs you have don't get on with something else in the kit- possibly the transformer.

Funnily enough we use LEDs in some of our fans at work and we've had complaints of radio/television interference lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

I'll try new bulbs too cheers becca funnily enough i have another new set lol

Interferance problem is gone ;) new bulbs, plus 8 ferrite cores to block emi and complete his ballast earthed and new neg cable ran in just for it and looks great and also my radio sounds amazing!!! Woo thanks for your help phil also located my ballasts the same place you did cannot see one cable at all looks smart as :) cheers peps

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club