Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hassen's Ford Focus 1.6 Tdci Build Thread

Hassen

VW Passat 2.0 Turbo Diesel 2006 onwards very well speced out and plenty of boot space,

Blowers in the rear of centre console, leather interior and full front & rear heated seats.

Plenty available too.

Image07D29462.jpg

Now that i like very much.

Yunii

• Like 1

If you fancy a rwd then the beemer IS the one to go for. It is possible to put 6.5"ers in the beemer. Just some metal removal needed and possibly a spacer. battery in boot is brilliant for hifi installs. I'm remembering an old 3 series back in the 80's where it was ALL Alpine gear. 8x8" subs in the back firewall. Tweeters in the front air vents. Numerous amps and yes it won the sound off back then. I offered to swap my then audi quatro coupe turbo. He bottled it unfortunately. Go beemer. After all they are more fuel efficient than the mondy.

• Like 2

My mother has one with fan vents in the rear of the centre console for rear passengers

Aswell as heaters in the rear seats,

Little wheel to adjust temperature of each seat.

Auto boot lift via remote boot pops,

Cruise control, auto lighting auto wipers front and rear parking sensors,

Umbrella holder inside drivers door cavity

That sounds pretty cool. The umbrella in the door cavity is like those in a Rolls Royce! Still not a fan of the shape though lol

Another thing with any ford car though is that youll get the heated front windscreen (i think skoda and VW have it too now)

That is really handy in my car during winter time. I didn't know of it until I bought the car and it's a welcome little extra for those cold winter mornings.

If you fancy a rwd then the beemer IS the one to go for. It is possible to put 6.5"ers in the beemer. Just some metal removal needed and possibly a spacer. Battery in boot is brilliant for hifi installs. I'm remembering an old 3 series back in the 80's where it was ALL Alpine gear. 8x8" subs in the back firewall. Tweeters in the front air vents. Numerous amps and yes it won the sound off back then. I offered to swap my then audi quatro coupe turbo. He bottled it unfortunately. Go beemer. After all they are more fuel efficient than the mondy.

Good to know that 6.5" Speakers is doable in the Bmw with some work. battery in the boot is something I would be looking forward to such that there is no more long wires running from the front to the back of the car!

The 3 series you are describing sounds sweet. I wouldn't mind an Audi Quattro turbo now these days as well lol.

And yea, fuel efficiency is a must with the next car. It needs to do better than 50mpg.

• Like 1

Good to know that 6.5" speakers is doable in the Bmw with some work. Battery in the boot is something I would be looking forward to such that there is no more long wires running from the front to the back of the car!

The 3 series you are describing sounds sweet. I wouldn't mind an Audi Quattro turbo now these days as well lol.

And yea, fuel efficiency is a must with the next car. It needs to do better than 50mpg.

Toyota Prius

Has battery in the back,

Large boot space,

Rear wheel drive,

Whisper quiet when driven at speeds under 50mph

Cruise control,

Auto headlights,

Auto wipers,

All as standard and guaranteed over 50mpg

;)

Toyota Prius

Has battery in the back,

Large boot space,

Rear wheel drive,

Cruise control,

Auto headlights,

Auto wipers,

;)

But ugly and expensive.

• Like 2

But ugly and expensive.

Is that a typo? I would've said it was butt ugly.

• Like 1

Toyota Prius

Has battery in the back,

Large boot space,

Rear wheel drive,

Cruise control,

Auto headlights,

Auto wipers,

;)

Thought the Prius was FWD? Or I'm I mistaken?

I don't think it would be any good on a motorway as it was designed for city driving. Noisy and not fuel efficient at motorway speeds, if and when it decides to reach 120km/h :P

• Like 1

And IMHO, it's ugly and the shape was dictated by drag coefficient rather than what would make a good looking car :)

• Like 1

Thought the Prius was FWD? Or I'm I mistaken?

I don't think it would be any good on a motorway as it was designed for city driving. Noisy and not fuel efficient at motorway speeds, if and when it decides to reach 120km/h :P

yeah the electric engine only goes upto 25 or 30mph? its a taxi car here in london, on the motorway it will just be a 1.5l petrol engine

• Like 2

Just going to pop this one into the projects section Hassen

Cheers man. I forgot to ask it to be moved as it started as 3 different threads. Some useful information in here for anyone considering a sound system overhaul.

• Like 3

Also, got the Goodridge brake lines delivered last Friday :)IMAG2411_1_zps6s7snaso.jpg

Hi mate,

Do you have a link or part number for these brake lines?

Cheers

I do on the computer. Will send it to you after dinner time.

This is the website :

www.mtecbrakes.com

• Like 1

I do on the computer. Will send it to you after dinner time.

This is the website :

www.mtecbrakes.com

Cheers mate found em on the site,

Thanks

• Like 1

Awesome. It's a nifty lil addition and I do remember mine taking a bit more than 2 weeks for delivery. The guys at Mtec are good and I think they are based in N.Ireland.

• Like 1

Awesome. It's a nifty lil addition and I do remember mine taking a bit more than 2 weeks for delivery. The guys at Mtec are good and I think they are based in N.Ireland.

Does it make any diference? Although it looks good

Btw how much were they pair?

Yunii

• Like 1

Does it make any diference? Although it looks good

Btw how much were they pair?

Yunii

80 pounds a set mate,

They will make a difference as the braided hose cant expand.

Pedal feel is improved along with confidence on the brakes.

Quick Question : What do you guys think of getting part worn tyres? My Avons are on the way out for the fronts after just over 20,000 miles. Need new front tyres soon as they are nearing the end of the thread depth.

• Like 1

Quick Question : What do you guys think of getting part worn tyres? My Avons are on the way out for the fronts after just over 20,000 miles. Need new front tyres soon as they are nearing the end of the thread depth.

Avon ZV5's are great tyres but like that 6-8months on the front is about the life of them,

I dont see anything wrong with using part worn tyres,

There not like re-threads,

Just someone else has gone in and gotten four new tyres while theres still life left in there old ones,

The garage then cash in on selling the part worn tyreson to others,

There still the origanal tyre from the manufacturer,

Ive used part worn tyres before prior to fitting the 18's

They were considerably cheaper and got me by.

• Like 2

I prefer new tyres personally but there are times when you can be short of change and I find that's a good opportunity to get a part worn, I had to get it through its mot and it was at 1.8, 20 quid lighter and I had a 6mm tyre on there and that saw me through the mot.

• Like 3

I had to get it through its mot and it was at 1.8, 20 quid lighter and I had a 6mm tyre on there and that saw me through the mot.

That reminds me of another reason why part worn tyres are ok;

Ireland is the only country in the world which has a 3 year expiry date on tyres when it comes to NCT (MOT)

So for example; my mother has a car and would do around 1,000 miles per year around town and to visit family that's about all she drives,

Tyres would last a life time if it wasn't for the expiry date on tyres in the NCT (MOT) test,

This also means;

When we go to a garage for part worn tyres and our NCT (MOT) isn't due for a while,

We can cash in on tyres that might aswell have been sitting on a shelf for three years.

Sadly nobody sells partially worn 18's though :lol: not too many Granny's out there with them.

• Like 2

I didn't know that bit about the 3 year expiry. Good to know. Cheers Lenny. Gonna ring around today to find out if they have a pair in stock. I would normally get new tyres but funds are low at the moment with house renovation. Every little helps☺

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club