Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hassen's Ford Focus 1.6 Tdci Build Thread

Hassen

2mm silent coat? That's got me interested. I mean, I wasn't too keen on using some of these sound deadening materials due to the added weight. But really, if your only doing parts of door, not whole car incl boot and roof, then I guess at most your adding on the equivalent of a permanent child passenger in terms of weight. How have you routed cables from amp to front door Speakers, or you used original loom?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

2mm silent coat? That's got me interested. I mean, I wasn't too keen on using some of these sound deadening materials due to the added weight. But really, if your only doing parts of door, not whole car incl boot and roof, then I guess at most your adding on the equivalent of a permanent child passenger in terms of weight. How have you routed cables from amp to front door speakers, or you used original loom?

Apologies, only seeing this now. The 2mm Silent Coat, use appropriately will not add on too much weight. You can see from pictures in previous posts that I went a bit mad with the front doors as I had the Speakers in there and sparingly used in the rear doors. They do make a significant improvement in sound quality.

As for routing the wires, I couldn't use the original loom and just have them through the side rubber joint and exposed at the doors. I think there is a previous picture in this thread on how it looks. If you don't mind seeing it everytime you open the door, it's the simplest of solutions :)

• Like 1

Tape it up with amalgamation tape that will make it look pretty

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The best place to route speaker cable into the front doors is to run the cable alongside the doors strap (the strap which limits how far the door opens).

Oh and sound deadening. Use as much as is possible. The addition of weight is negligible but benefit is immense.

• Like 2

How have you routed cables from amp to front door speakers, or you used original loom?

Since others are sharing there methods;

I might as well join in :)

IMG_20150327_180704_zpsd7epex1y.jpg

I removed the seats and lifted the carpet,

cut the factory speaker loom inside the chassis and routed new cables from these locations to the 4 channel amplifier in the boot.

IMG_20150327_141211_zpsieabl1vi.jpg

IMG_20150327_141905_zpsajv2ttiv.jpg

This saved a lot of time trying to route cables through to the doors.

The factory audio cable is pretty solid copper core.

Inside the doors I fed it straight in to Crossover box's

then aftermarket cable feeding from crossover to Speakers.

IMG_20150325_180441_zpsclob3nci.jpg

Alternatively you could cut the factory audio cables at the rear of the headunit and run feeds from the amplifier to the rear of the headunit; joining them up to the factory cables feeding each door.

IMG_20150328_142212_zps1xvvkyqh.jpg

You may like to view my build thread where there is documented images of my method from page 72 - page 89

Link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41443-taking-oval-to-blue-horizon-lennys-build-thread-2010-2015/page-72

You may also like to view my guide on creating a custom fit amplifier panel,

I've bi-wired the front speakers;

In the event the rear seat needs folding down creating a van style space;

The 4Ch Amplifier and panel can be easily unplugged and removed.

There is a socket in the boot which has audio feeds from the headunit internal amplifier.

IMG_20150131_161126_zpshsbdad6q_edit_142

simply unplug from the amplifier and plug in to this socket instead to maintain audio while carrying cargo.

Link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/63695-guide-fitting-custom-amp-sub-enclosure-mk2-mk25-focus-2005-2011/

IMG_20150331_103547_zpsnm86nrxk.jpg

IMG_20150223_173404_zps4apkbny6.jpg

IMG_20150131_152354_zpsaokbxsok_edit_142

I'll say it again if I didn't in the past, one of the cleanest and most efficient use of space for an ICE install. Kudos Lenny

• 4 months later...

Been MIA on the forums for a few months as life got in the way. Back living in Dublin now and slowly settling in.

Car needs a few things to be done. I am currently putting over 1000km driving to work and driving within work every week. As a result, a few things need to be serviced.

1. The shock absorbers I think are finally outworn as the car is close to 128,000 miles. As a replacement, I was thinking of getting a full set of Bilstein B4. Along with that, I was considering, budget permitting, a set of Eibach lowering springs to complement the whole suspension. I am hoping this combination will not make the car ride overly harsh or stiff as I am driving mostly motorways at the moment and some country roads.

2. Rear brake drums need to be serviced. Anyone have a link or part number for the rear brake drums for a Ford Focus 1.6TDCI 109 bhp please?

3. Thinking about finally getting the sound deadening done for the inside of the cabin as the car is quite noisy on the motorways. Considering Silent Coat 2mm and Dodo matt acoustic liner on top for the floor, boot and bulk head. That should help in theory reduce the tyre noise a fair bit.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed for the above.

• Like 1

Nice to hear from you Hassen. Before I'd strip the car to fit sound deadening I'd recearch tyres. Spend what money you've got on good 'quiet ' tyres as they'd be more beneficial considering your motorway miles.

• Like 1

Nice to hear from you Hassen. Before I'd strip the car to fit sound deadening I'd recearch tyres. Spend what money you've got on good 'quiet ' tyres as they'd be more beneficial considering your motorway miles.

Cheers man. Tyres were only changed at all 4 corners recently and went with ones that had a lower noise ratings. It still hasn't made a big difference and the noise on the motorway gets tiring very quickly. If I keep listening to the music at the these volumes, I will be going deaf soon lol

• Like 1

Sorry. Can you speak up as I didn't hear you lol

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So time for some necessary maintenance on the car. It needs rear brake shoes, shocks and a service. Also thinking of getting lowered Eibach springs at the same time as it won't cost any more in labour. Any suggestions for the above parts would be appreciated. Thanks

• Like 1

Difference between a full set of Sachs and the Bilstein b4 is 73 euro. Anyone has any experience with any of those? Input welcomed :)

After a long hiatus of not doing anything to the car and just servicing it, I have now decided that I will be keeping the car for at least another year. NCT is due at the end of March and have lined up a few things to get done. service booked in for next week with the Ford dealership that I usually go to near work.

Also, decided to finally get a few upgrades:
1. Mintext rear brake shoes to be fitted since they needed to be changed. Bought them off www.Micksgarage.ie

2. Bilstein B4 shock absorbers all around. Got a decent deal off Ebay 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331282110358?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

3. Eibach Pro Kit 30mm lowering springs while the shocks are being replaced since it saves me on labour fees.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151475228129?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

All should be done by the end of next week with tracking/alignment. Hoping there are no issues then with the NCT and the car is a bit more fun to drive as well.

Next month, planning to get the Noise Killer sound deadening kit for the whole car. Hoping this would quieten down the noise on the motorway.

http://www.nkgroup.co.uk/product/car-interior-boot-soundproofing-kit/

I will post some pictures when it's all done :)

Hope your brake and suspension upgrades work well for you Hassen. Wow, like the name of the sound deadening stuff lol if that doesn't quieten your car then nowt will.

• Like 2

On 25/02/2016 at 3:33 PM, tazzman600 said:

Hope your brake and suspension upgrades work well for you Hassen. Wow, like the name of the sound deadening stuff lol if that doesn't quieten your car then nowt will.

Thanks man. I can't wait till it's done next Friday now. I drove my wife's 2006 Seat Leon 1.6 Petrol to work and back today and it's was a lot of fun. Lovely chassis and firm ride with little body roll in corners. I am hoping to get something similar in ride quality once the upgrades are done.

• Like 2

It's like second Christmas for me now. Just awaiting the Eibach Pro Kit Springs next week :)

Mintex brake shoes
IMG_20160226_182942_zpsw9segnyr.jpg

Bilstein B4 kit

IMG_20160226_195435_zpsyfgykbpb.jpg

• Like 4

Absolutely. Rubbing my hands in glee until the next one arrives.

• Like 2

Today, with the sun shinning for once, I managed to finally install the speaker mounting pods in the front doors. Took a bit of time with the usual disruptions and a broken drill bit but I managed to install it without too much trouble. Also replaced a few broken door clips and tidied up the wiring. No more rattles from the door at higher volumes. Finally you can feel the midbass kick from the front Speakers with them properly secured and mounted. Pictures to follow and also a short video clip.

• Like 1

Today car was booked in for a big service at 131,000 miles. They normally do a thorough inspection as well. Mechanics found that 2 rear shocks are leaking, without me saying anything about the shocks. Also, front 2 tyres are on Amber and will need replacing soon. With the miles being put on the car, I am surprised they are not gone yet. 

Also, when I came back home after a crappy day at work, the big red box was waiting for me by the door. Instantly cheered me up and getting my young son to open it with me was even more fun as he's into cars as much as I am :) 

f31a7f88-3c71-4339-8f40-4e14fb8cee3f_zps

IMG_20160229_184122_zpsgyyq7kn1_edit_145

• Like 4

Earlier today, I brought the car to the mechanics down in Mullingar to fit the springs, shocks and brake shoes. They were only able to fit the 2 rear shocks due to the rear bolts being stubborn. Soaked in WD40 and I have to bring it over again on Monday for the whole day for them to fit the 4 springs, front shocks and the rear brake shoes. Along with that they found that the rear brake cylinders were leaking, which I kinda suspected as the braking power was drastically reduced. Hoping that at the end of the day on Monday that the car is sorted with any further setbacks. Updates to follow :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club