Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Range - Red & Black Editions

D13 HPD 95

My thoughts are that the reason that they have chosen the red edition is purely down to the 1.0L EcoBoost engine and it's also a usable everyday car, cheap to insure, cheap to tax and cheap to run.

You may be right, I think the engine really stands out, getting 140PS from 1 litre is really impressive considering this is a cheap hatchback.

Is that a DIY red edition? Or is it a private reg? Looks spot on if it is.

DIY, had the roof and mirrors wrapped in gloss metallic black and wheels powder coated black!! And has a stage 1 by Collins performance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

DIY, had the roof and mirrors wrapped in gloss metallic black and wheels powder coated black!! And has a stage 1 by Collins performance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Looking good! You'll get cheaper tax too!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

No comments in a bit here. You haven't all thrown them into hedges have you?

Getting my Red Ed in late-Jan and well and truly excited now! Test drove a 1.0 ZS and liked it - actually haven't set foot in a Red Ed (none at my local dealer).

Actually the particular dealer I went to (won't mention them) were utter pants. Couldn't get anywhere near a third party lease deal god bless them - miles away - like £2k for a 2yr term. Also had the cheek to try and claim on a standard Zetec S that 'you simply must take the 17" alloys and the tinted windows because everyone will expect them and it will affect affect your resale'. Yes mate, great deal you've done me there - 15.5k, what a star, where do I sign :D.

So back to more positive things, does anyone have any more comments on this vs the Standard ZS? Only thing even remotely worrying me is the shorter gearing making it vocal at motorway speeds. I never thought I'd be one of those nutters scouring Youtube for 0-60 vids etc but this waiting is turning me half-mad.

The gearing is good, don't worry, not a noisy car by any means, very refined.

The Red/Black Edition isn't too different from a standard ZS to be fair, my prev model was a 123bhp ZSE and my Black feels quite a bit livelier with similar economy, I see 43 mpg on the computer.

I had reverse parking sensors and tyre pressure monitoring in mine.

The hill holder function is very useful. My daughters Red has auto wipers and lights which in her opinion are "amazing"!

I have no regrets, smashing little car with great build quality and a superb little gem of an engine with a well suited gearbox.

My wife has a 62 plate 1.6 "Metal" and I wouldn't swap!

The Black is better in every way except the Metal has full leather seats and heated fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Actually the particular dealer I went to (won't mention them) were utter pants. Couldn't get anywhere near a third party lease deal god bless them - miles away - like £2k for a 2yr term. Also had the cheek to try and claim on a standard Zetec S that 'you simply must take the 17" alloys and the tinted windows because everyone will expect them and it will affect affect your resale'. Yes mate, great deal you've done me there - 15.5k, what a star, where do I sign :D.

You got one for £2k on a 2 year lease?!?

Mine is being delivered tomorrow! Very excited as its my first brand new car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's an awesome car.

Not noisy at all. I had an 06 Seat Ibiza FR with the same size wheels and that was much noisier.

I went with the sat nav, reversing sensors, auto lights and wipers, cruise control and climate control, wouldn't change any of it.

Handles superbly and the fuel consumption so far is looking good.

• Like 1

Ffoxy - Hill hold? I drove a Subaru Forrester with something like that yonks ago. It was useful.

afrocleland - Nah. under 4k for the 2 years. Ford's best effort was on it's way to 6k.... Tell us your thoughts tomorrow after having a blast!

mrsjmsimpson - The motorway concern was around the shorter gearing but I'm guessing 5th is still pretty long. I fell a bit for the DS3 before this and I was dead set on getting one of the options with the 6th in it. Then I drove this and loved the small turbo feel.

If I were a boy racer I'd confirm that small turbo enables the small car to proper shock the drivers of more obvious performance pedigree!

Ffoxy - Hill hold? I drove a Subaru Forrester with something like that yonks ago. It was useful.

afrocleland - Nah. under 4k for the 2 years. Ford's best effort was on it's way to 6k.... Tell us your thoughts tomorrow after having a blast!

mrsjmsimpson - The motorway concern was around the shorter gearing but I'm guessing 5th is still pretty long. I fell a bit for the DS3 before this and I was dead set on getting one of the options with the 6th in it. Then I drove this and loved the small turbo feel.

5th is definitely long enough, If you change up when the gear change indicator tells you to then it can easily take you from 40mph to triple digit speeds (obviously not on public roads)!

Did you do a strict 'run in' with the engine? I read somewhere that they were ran in at the factory, so I checked with ford on a chat on their website and their not. They just said you should drive as you normally would and just try not to redline it within 1000 miles and that wheels and tyres will take a couple hundred to fell normal.

Also interested in the 'run-in' because I'm not planning on being a plank with it, but would like the freedom to drive it as I pleased within the law. Interesting one though really - on a lease especially - I imagine most are just smashing it. If you were a leasing company you would want the factory to have run it in surely? :P

The engines are tight-ish but not overly so. Main thing is not to labour the motor, nor thrash it for a few hundred miles then just enjoy the car.

Engineering tolerances are much better now and manufacturing far more consistent, so a proper "running in" isn't needed, just a bit of common sense with a new engine.

Aye, that sounds good to me. I don't plan on ragging it anyway. Gutted its to be crap weather tomorrow! Would quite like it to stay clean for a day or 2 of its life!

In the decent weather I clean my Black twice a week... Sad huh!

Twice a week! I haven't got time to wash once a week.

I had it detailed when I first got mine so that it would be easier to keep clean.

Haven't washed it yet and I've had it 3 weeks and she's done nearly 900 miles :-\

Ha, the Mrs has a white Fiat 500 and it does far too many miles. Impossible to keep clean. Tbh this was one thing that I thought when the red edition came out - it'll look good dirty!

Looks better when shiny though ;-)

Couldn't find a coating for the paint that resisted dirt unfortunately.

How long do you spend cleaning it per week?

Have to admit, they do look good when clean.

Keeping on top of it like I do I can get it done properly and vacuumed in 20 mins.

Black looks dreadful when it's riffy and my ZSE was white so just as bad. I use http://m.direct.asda.com/Demon-Shine-Spray-on-Shine--1L/001031521,default,pd.html

For the twice weekly cleans and every month it gets treated to a more permanent http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/poorboys-nattys-blue-paste-wax/prod_11.html

Had an eventful day with mine coming!

First off it never came when it was meant to... But then they told me a couple hours later it was on its way....

Then when it got here it never had sat Nav! (I didn't ask for that originally but took it so I would get the car sooner as this one was built)...

Then I noticed there was no fuel! I was sold it with a full tank...

Then I realised the Speakers didn't work! At all!

While trying to fix that I realised there was no owners manual!

So... Onto the leasing mob to see what the score was... They apologised profusely and said if I'm happy to keep the car they would work out how to give me back the money or change the cost of it... So tomorrow the head sales chap will give me a phone to speak to me about what they're going to do. They've sent out a letter for me to sign saying I'll keep it, but not signing it until they agree on the specifics...

On the good side of things though it seems to be a self healing car... Speakers burst into life for no apparent reason. I have a appointment on Wednesday to have it looked at, so will leave that until I know for sure it's ok!

But as for the car, I'm very happy!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all, I have got my Blacky for almost 2 months now and i've done around 2.000 miles and more. I can safely say... I LOVE THIS LITTLE CAR. It's amazing in so many aspects! It accelerates so well and can be fuel efficient at the same time, it handles the corners like a charm and can be super relaxing on trips. What rustles my jimmies is the throttle response... well Steven you got a new car what did you expect? And the inability to fully turn off the esp. I 've notices as well that in 2nd gear it doesn't pull that rough as in 3rd gear and so on... anyone else got that?

Has anyone noticed any upgrades for our Red/Blacks out there? If so, please do tell!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club