Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus In Car Entertainment & Gadgets

sonic113

Thanks Dee,

Sat navs working and is great, even prompted while driving home on the M3 about potential congestion ahead, very impressed.

Did you manage to cut that pink wire and wire it to the head lights so the lights come on when you turn your car lights on. Its annoying it doesnt light up when its dark without having to press the sun button as that dims the display.

Noticed the Radio's a bit funky when you can be listening to A2DP or satnav then all of a sudden it flicks to the radio. Will email Eonon about this.

Other than that very impressed with the unit. I will get pics tomorrow as it was too dark by the time I got home.Just need to get a usb stick or another micro sd to fill with music.

Great unit for the money, well impressed.

p.s. the silver is a pretty much exact match with no gaps.

Cheers

Allister

• Like 1

It prompted you about congestion!? How on earth did it do that, it has no com's unless it picks up an FM signal or something

The lights can be enabled by disabling the auto lights in settings, its always on then, I didn't cut the wire as I couldn't be @r$ed to conne t it up but once I get the camera and rip it all out again I might change it.

The random changing to radio thing got better on mine, I hit the rest button and disconnected the power, seemed to work OK now.

Glade the satnav working, took a bit of effort getting it right, any trouble let me know :)

Great image mate. The silver does look very oem. im getting the silver one and its nice to see it installed there.

It prompted you about congestion!? How on earth did it do that, it has no com's unless it picks up an FM signal or something

The lights can be enabled by disabling the auto lights in settings, its always on then, I didn't cut the wire as I couldn't be @r$ed to conne t it up but once I get the camera and rip it all out again I might change it.

The random changing to radio thing got better on mine, I hit the rest button and disconnected the power, seemed to work OK now.

Glade the satnav working, took a bit of effort getting it right, any trouble let me know :)

so Darren all in all would you say its was a good buy?

Hopefully try to get mine ordered before xmas. It getting that time of the year and the family has the toy books out lol! :)

Yeah, esp now I got sat nav perfect couple of niggles but mostly its all good, going to put some effort in to trying to stop the music cutting out on reverse soon too!

• Like 1

Do you know if it supports USB 3.0 or is it safer to get 2.0?

Cant see on the spec just says max capacity supported is 16GB for USB and MicroSD.

Cheers

Allister

usb stick? doesn't matter, the standard is backward compatible, shove a USB 3 stick in, it'll run at usb2 speeds, but mind your paying more for it so I wouldn't bother.

SD cards, I have a 32GB card in for music and a 16GB card for gp.

whatever card you get, make sure its SDHC and NOT SDXC, I cant be sure about XC cards as I don't have one but I doubt it will support them. SDHC on the other hand is supported meaning cards upto 32GB will work. Just be careful its HC and not XC as XC comes in 32GB as well.

Popped to PC world and got a usb3 16GB stick. Works a treat.

Loads the track names etc and quality sounds better than playing the same tracks through the hold head unit through my S3 aux socket.

Well chuffed.

Allister

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

Satnav - Loads fine but how the hell do you just navigate to a post code. I may be being thick but cant work it out.

Clock - I seem to set the clock but then it changes to an hour earlier so its always out.

Any ideas, with the satnav i used the links Dee sent me, may have missed something when moving the files.

Only just got round to replying to this - the Sat Nav does work off postcodes, it's just very well hidden :rolleyes: in fact I even tried swapping versions of IGO before finding the solution on google.

When searching an address if you go to CITY, it then prompts you to enter city name or postcode. You can then enter postcode in here and it progressively filters down the keyboard as usual with postcode entries. Think once postcode is in you then tick OK, then pick Select City and off you go. Or something like that, main thing is it doesn't actually say 'postcode' on the option box, just 'City'

For the clock being an hour out I just selected another timezone to offset it to suit. Expect the unit doesn't take BST into account.

Used the sat nav for the first time going to somewhere I'd not gone to before, got me there just fine plus back again.

One thing I've also noticed is sometimes once you've got the Sat Nav running if you then switch to say the radio, and then SD card music player the display seemed to put the music player text on top of the radio display rather than fully switching screens. Think first time this happened I had to turn the unit on and off again, second time it sorted itself out somehow.

post-57196-141289377472_thumb.jpg

I know it's not a close up but I have none to hand :(

I had a Sony XAV-64BT in my old car and swapped it out to my focus. Brought all the patch leads and ran the bluetooth hands free up the drivers pillar and all is good.

Only issue I have is that sometimes the steering wheel controls don't like to skip forward a track. Rather annoying to be honest but after using the controls for a couple of minutes it usually kicks in. Maybe I just have a dodgy patch lead.

Also worth noting, when I turn the cars headlights on it dims the screen which is quite useful at night.

As for installation it was very easy, just had to pull off one clip on the centre console and it slid right in.

If you want to go all out, apparently the Nexus 7 tablet is a perfect for for double DIN haha.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

well the Chinese rear cam never showed up, got a refund, brought a uk stocked model cost a tenner more but least it turned up, ill have it installed this weekend, only thing that might be an issue is the cable from the camera comes with sealed RCAs attached , this isn't going to fit through the grommet and I don't want connectors on the wet side so ill need to chop them off, with as bit of luck the wires inside will be unique, or I may have issues working out which is which as the both come from a single sealed multi core cable

I connected up the mic and hid it in the roof, no noticeable change in pickup, that is to say, it works just as well without the mic as with.

I also got a USB 3.5mm jack socket thing, its essentially an extention cable with a single fitting for both sockets at the end, drilled a hole in the glove box, left side just behind the existing OEM 3.5mm aux socket, mounted the connector, cable tied it all up then ran a second set of cables to the head unit from these, I did this to make remove the glove box easier or you'd need to disconnect the HU every time you wanted the glove box off.

it would be possible to remove the existing 3.5mm OEM socket, then mount the new one here but I wanted to keep it incase I need to put it back to OEM in the future. So now I have the 3.5mm aux and USB mounted inside the glovebox, all working nicely.

handy tip, tape the ant in, falls out real easy!

Hi,

Do you mean you connected the external mic up into the roof?

Did you have the one in the roof already?

Do you have any pics?

Cheers

Ali

Hi,

Do you mean you connected the external mic up into the roof?

Did you have the one in the roof already?

Do you have any pics?

Cheers

Ali

I have a ford one already in the roof, It sits in that circular grill bit next to the map lights, again I could have chopped off that and connected it to my wires but im not really happy with removing OEM stuff like that, although I suppose I could always repair it again if needed...

mine is sitting just behind the review mirror, above the liner, you cant see it at all, there is a slight dent in the liner but beyond that its fine. ideally I wanted it sitting in the grill bit as well but it wasn't going to sit still, taping it down worked u to trying to put that plastic bit back on again at which point anything not securely positioned falls off,

what a palarva, finally got the cam working, ironically the cam from china turned up today and saved the day, the one from the UK didn't work. why? not completely sure but probably my fault. I cut the wires from the one I got in the UK to feed through the grommet, wired up as per plan and nada. turns out there is some circuitry inside the cable attached to the wire, possibly a step down transformer, ripping the cable apart revealed it buried within but I broke it completely whilst getting to it. at this point Im think I screwed the camera by shoving 12v up its AR$E.

so it seems a larger hole is needed in the grommet to pass two connectors through, this is less than ideal so Im think a big blob of silicone is needed now.

I positioned the camera on the drivers side, with the LED more to the middle, this was because the light coming out was completely useless with the camera more to the middle on the passenger side. Positive side is that the light illuminates the number plate now, down side is the camera is slight off centre, you can see the bumper on the screen so its not too hard to work out but its worth keeping in mind if your trying to poke you bum in to a small place.

Hey Guys,

My camera has just been delivered.

Do you have any pics of the install and wiring connected?

Cheers

Allister

• Like 1

Does any one know where I can get units for sat nav dvd etc... for my focus Mk3??? preferably genuine ford parts....

number plate - > (Camera - )
(new LED number plate - )

number plate + > (new LED number plate +´)

reverse lght + > (Camera + )

video lead runs straight to HU

you will need to pass the video cable AND the reverse + cable up through the rubber thing in the boot.

I found it easier to run the cables FROM the boot first, up the side, through the rubber thing, then , down to the reverse light and over to the HU, the video cable can just run down the passenger side, down the pillar, behind the glove box and in to the HU

ill get a picture down tomorrow, the angle of the camera isn't idea so I might need to improvise a bit point it more upwards.

Thanks mate, might look at trying to start mine at lunch, got an hour to play with. Pics would be great if possible.

Did you have to extend any wiring. Another guide i found said the trigger cable needed extending?

if you have the same HU as mine you don't need a trigger cable, if you wanted you could try and located the reverse cable at the front and use that as the power along that trigger cable, it would mean one less cable to route through the rubber boot thing, but personally it sounds more hassle then its worth.

A Erisin Android DVD player system is the best. You have internet , dash cam but you pay extra for it, it can connect to your car OBD via bluetooth. You can put a rear screen on. It seems to just be a good player all round. Everything you need is covered. Sat nav also.

Yea i did notice the camera screen used to come on when i put the car in reverse. I didnt know if the triger cable powered the camera so its not on all the time?

If it just the led's and the actual video cable to wire then thats great news.

Cheers

Allister

Naz,

Do you know if I could install this into my focus Mk3??????

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club