Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus In Car Entertainment & Gadgets

sonic113

141b7ddb-55f2-4a60-b964-886e7fe614c9.jpg
Not sure if that's any use for you, on page 4 of this thread is my other photos.

number plate neg black > (Camera neg black)
(new LED number plate nag black )

number plate pos yellow > (new LED number plate pos red)

reverse light pos > (Camera pos red )

video lead runs straight to HU

Added colour of relevant cables

I did tidy it up before anyone brings it up
:)

Might do, but you need to go to erisin website and check. You also need the conversion kit.

Great job Darren.

I have my head unit ordered so hopefully its here by december post rush. I will be looking into gettin rear cam for it after xmas so all is good so far. lol!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

just a wee update on my HU,

it went wrong the other week, the discs stopped playing I rarely used discs so probably only the 3rd or 4th time I used it, I spoke to Eonon who got me to run some tests and take a video, returned the head unit to HK for replacement, they shipped a new one out and all is well again.

Now, a couple of important things, English isn't their first language, we had some confusion to start with which delayed the return, to be fair it was my fault, my English isn't the best and straying from the queens English too much probably makes as much sense as Chinese does to us. So keep it clear, simple and to the point, also remember the time differences, it can add a few days on to the process if you miss one another!

Next up, the new headunit seems to be an upgrade, the screen appears to have better contrast, appears more fluid and has a connection for DAB+, the previous one had a connection for tyre deflation warning system, this new one doesn't have that but id probably rather have the dab anyway, in all other ways it appears the same, I couldn't see any differences with model numbers either so if your going to buy one it might be worth checking out if it comes with the DAB connection or not

Note that it doesn't have DAB itself, just a connector for an external module.

just a wee update on my HU,

it went wrong the other week, the discs stopped playing I rarely used discs so probably only the 3rd or 4th time I used it, I spoke to Eonon who got me to run some tests and take a video, returned the head unit to HK for replacement, they shipped a new one out and all is well again.

Now, a couple of important things, English isn't their first language, we had some confusion to start with which delayed the return, to be fair it was my fault, my English isn't the best and straying from the queens English too much probably makes as much sense as Chinese does to us. So keep it clear, simple and to the point, also remember the time differences, it can add a few days on to the process if you miss one another!

Next up, the new headunit seems to be an upgrade, the screen appears to have better contrast, appears more fluid and has a connection for DAB+, the previous one had a connection for tyre deflation warning system, this new one doesn't have that but id probably rather have the dab anyway, in all other ways it appears the same, I couldn't see any differences with model numbers either so if your going to buy one it might be worth checking out if it comes with the DAB connection or not

Note that it doesn't have DAB itself, just a connector for an external module.

I think mine got lost in the post so will have to reorder after xmas. do you think your fault was a one off? would you still recommend getting the same model Darren?

I'm looking forward to getting one of these installed.

Let us know how you get on with the new one.

• Like 1

That's been quite a while since you ordered it, id definitely be kicking up a fuss, mine took about 5 days the first time I ordered it and 3 the next time for the replacement, looking at the tracking info that time it went from HK to China to India, to france to Denmark, London and finally Glasgow, pretty impressed it did all that in 3 days.

As for this HU, yeah id still recommend it, it sounds great, and the wee glitches I had before with the radio don't appear in this version, so id definitely ask to make sure its the one with the DAB+ connection, I think its been designated D5162E, looking at Eonon UK store it matches the spec and has this E in the name, the one from HK at the time didn't have the E or the DAB+. One thing, it still doesn't light up with headlights on, so you would need to either splice the pink wire to a wire on the car, manually turn it on and off, or have it on all the time the car is on.

Ive seen some nice ones with Android on it too but not for our model of car, you'd need to find some kind of conversion plate and then there is the whole canbus question with those since its not specific to our car. Nope, I'm happy with this and I'm happy that I went with a branded version, even if it was slightly more costly, at least I had someone to contact with a reputation to keep intact!

Were the disc issues a one off? Only time will tell, but I can already see the software is more refined on this one so id like to think they have corrected some of the previous ones shortcomings.

• Like 1

good stuff Darren. after xmas Im ordering another from the Uk site. Hopefully they may have deals in January lol! i will try to get the one with the E at the end. when all is installed it will be a great wee edition to the inside of the car. :)

• Like 2

I'd like to share my experience with these GPS DVD players, they are quite good upgrade from the stock CD6000 stereo unit, even from the Sony stereo, as they offer pretty much everything you need to enjoy your in-car time.

My experience is with two pre-facelift stereos which I bought and use (one for me, one for my uncle).

I'm using this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200983605903?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

...it's actually the second one I have, first one I ordered came with red backlight, which didn't match the original green backlight of everything else and wasn't the same as the stock stereo...so I looked for another one...and came across this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-DVD-GPS-Sat-Nav-DVB-T-For-Ford-Focus-Galaxy-Fiesta-S-Max-C-Max-Transit/330855697923?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140221143405%26meid%3Dc7dc49ca0dfa4c229ed9ef457f478c0c%26pid%3D100010%26prg%3D20140221143405%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D24%26sd%3D221151469560

(don't mind the price, it went up GBP300,- seconds after I bought it)

Anyway, I've decided to give this unit to my uncle as a Christmas present. He is a Fedex courier, so he can put it in his Transit and use it as a GPS and BT handsfree (both worked also very well), I'm sure it's gonna be just fine for his needs.

So after this I came back to basics, no 3G, no DVB-T, but the same unit I bought the first time, except this time I made sure it has the green backlight (and also has it's SW upgraded a little bit) and controls just the way I liked it on the first one. (The first one will be going into my mom's 2007 Fiesta right after I figure out which rearview camera will be the easiest to fit - yes, I know, I'm putting a rearview camera on a 2,5 metre long car :D )

So the third stereo (Koolertron, now actually RUPSE) seems to me like the perfect fit for my needs. The menu is very well designed and all the features I need work perfectly. BT mic could be little more sensitive, but when I speak little louder it's all ok. GPS, iPod, FM radio, all work well, the GPS and FM reception is very good. Construction of the stereo is also very good, buttons are pressed firmly, volume/tune knobs are also good and confidently turned.

Also, the last one (Koolertron-Rupse) also has a USB cable on it's back, so after buying this little thingy:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281485759048?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I managed to route the USB comfortably under the centre console and create a perfect OEM installation look.

In conclusion, if I may recommend the best setup for the pre-facelift Focus Mk2, I would say it's this:

Koolertron - RUPSE DVD GPS Stereo unit

Centre console USB adapter

Optional - Focus Mk2 rearview camera

If you have any questions, feel free to ask ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

saw this on the bay, is this the same as what most people have on here ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Inch-Car-DVD-Player-GPS-Navigation-Stereo-Bluetooth-F-Ford-Focus-Mondeo-S-Max-/121438471749?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item1c464c0645

I wanted a new stereo that plays CDs, ipod+chargeing, steering wheel control , blutooth hands free , (sat nav is a bonus)

Yep, pretty much the same...however, this "brand" seems little too much "no-name" compared to the others, mentioned in this thread...your requirements should be met (although I didn't notice anything about iPod charging - these companies usually brag about it), but I would play this safe(-r) and go for little more expensive stereo, perhaps some of those "brands" mentioned here...like Eonon...or I personally have good experience with Koolertron (Rupse) products...or maybe Azure-tech...

• Like 1

Might not be identical to the ones others have (myself included) but it looks pretty similar.

Reckon most of the owners here all have slightly different spec systems from different sellers in any case.

• Like 1

doesn't look it, likes like another Chinese clone. it really is worth getting one with a brand attached, even if it is another clone, you can at least expect some degree of consistency and quality not to mention aftersales support

• Like 1

doesn't look it, likes like another Chinese clone. it really is worth getting one with a brand attached, even if it is another clone, you can at least expect some degree of consistency and quality not to mention aftersales support

Darren

I had a bit of a issue on last order due to the bank :wacko: so I will be ordering one of these units maybe at the end of the month. :)

How is the one you installed working out for you?

Is the sat nav woking well on it?

I will mainly be using it for the cd player and sat nav function so would you say its worth buying on of these units rather than a standalone one that pops on the window?

I do like the way these look OEM fitted though so that also draws me to maybe get one.

would these operate just these same as a stand alone sat nav unit?

• Like 1

My Eonon unit has been great apart from a few nigley issues.

1) When using sat nav and listening to my USB device attached the Sat nav will cut to the radion on station 87.7 i think, very annoying when driving

2) Again using sat nav randomly the music will dim even when there is no road names being announced. This is annoying as makes your ears go funny.

Other than that its great, love the rear reversing cam, Sat nav is great when not doing the above. Love using my USB stick filled with music and Radio isnt too bad. Never use CDs/DVD's due to using the USB stick.

Any ideas on the above would be great, i have tried the usual reset etc.

Cheers

Allister

• Like 1

its working out really well so far, the niggles prezza above talks of were indeed present on the first one of these I got, but since I got the replacement unit (has DAB+ connector) ive not had any of them. it would appear that they updated it at some point and in doing so also corrected the niggles.

The only thing it doesn't do right is change to night mode when lights are turned on, all other niggles like the radio changing bug and poor reception are gone.

as for satnav, works a treat once you have the right software :D

Prezza, make sure you have enabled "Mix mode" its a setting on the eonon units that by its self is slightly meaningless but it actually allows both satnav and radio music at the same time, hence "mix mode"

It seems the HU is actually built around two different systems, the first, basic radio audio functionality, the second, the sat nav, this is the reason ive not been able to hack the unit that much, the actual OS controlling the day to day software isn't visible. I believe I can get access to it from an internal USB port but ill not be bothering until the warranty is up

• Like 2

its working out really well so far, the niggles prezza above talks of were indeed present on the first one of these I got, but since I got the replacement unit (has DAB+ connector) ive not had any of them. it would appear that they updated it at some point and in doing so also corrected the niggles.

The only thing it doesn't do right is change to night mode when lights are turned on, all other niggles like the radio changing bug and poor reception are gone.

as for satnav, works a treat once you have the right software :D

Prezza, make sure you have enabled "Mix mode" its a setting on the eonon units that by its self is slightly meaningless but it actually allows both satnav and radio music at the same time, hence "mix mode"

It seems the HU is actually built around two different systems, the first, basic radio audio functionality, the second, the sat nav, this is the reason ive not been able to hack the unit that much, the actual OS controlling the day to day software isn't visible. I believe I can get access to it from an internal USB port but ill not be bothering until the warranty is up

Great Darren.

when I get a few pounds saved up I will order again. I might drop you a msg when I get the unit maybe to get help with setting up the sat-nav software part if you dont mind.

Good to know all is running well though.

• Like 2

aye, that's fine, use PM though, best keep that kinda thing off the boards

• Like 1

aye, that's fine, use PM though, best keep that kinda thing off the boards

no problem, will do. :)

• 2 weeks later...

if your having bother with the instrument cluster not turning off then its possible its the existing BT module, I just pulled the plug on mine since its no longer needed and bobs your uncle. sleeping like a baby!

anyone getting aftermarket Headunits might need to keep that in mind, it might even be needed on some of the better OEM headunits from Sony.

• Like 2

if your having bother with the instrument cluster not turning off then its possible its the existing BT module, I just pulled the plug on mine since its no longer needed and bobs your uncle. sleeping like a baby!

anyone getting aftermarket Headunits might need to keep that in mind, it might even be needed on some of the better OEM headunits from Sony.

good advice there Darren. :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

20150828_201901_zpsaamfupq7_edit_1440836

Justo received five hard copies of this months issue of "12 Volt Review" by Connects2

Check it out yo;

https://twitter.com/Connects2/status/634023420972408833

Good Stuff Lenny

you are now famous lol!

I had a read through it there very informative interview. :)

• Like 1

Good Stuff Lenny

you are now famous lol!

I had a read through it there very informative interview. :)

:lol: I be Chillin like a Boss!!

Told CBG.ie on Twitter I'd send em a framed and signed copy for the wall in there new office lol

They asked more questions than they put in to it but I think they put some of it in issue one regarding how forums have helped the car scene and capable of saving people money.

I participated in that article too :)

It's great to see there's a company out there browsing the forums for aspiring enthusiasts and hobbyists it's nice to get some independent recognition from a company I hadn't expected to be contacted by.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club