Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Ford Mondeo

volts

Welcome! Interesting comparison between the Mondeo and the RRS, my dad has a new one and it's very impressive.

I think you're the first one on the site that actually has a new one! We would love to see some pics. :)

Sounds a fair review and sadly headlights are balancing light with life these days, if DRL's can become standard I don't see why HID can't be ad well.

Now I own the mk4 model not mk5 so purely guessing here, but on the steering wheel you will have buttons for the menu up down left and right is what mine has with an M button in the middle, you should (if you don't have the super super flashy instrument panel) be able to change modes using the up down buttons to see the features like odometer, range, mpg and temperature. Alternatively press the menu button and peruse the display section it will hopefully be on the menu somewhere

Unfortunately though, ford ownership develops ford knowledge which we all share, much like this forum sadly ford do seem to have the 'we know better' attitude you exhibit, but it could be worse. A colleague think has an alpha, the thing had barely a drop of oil, through the car into limp mode, no oil pressure light just death is coming warnings. At least ford aren't that bad, but ad you say an expansion of the manual with a knowledge Base O line would make the brand better still.

• Like 1

Yeah, but after many days of sleep deprivation I'm unable to spell lol

• Like 1

No that's a motoring myth on par with the tooth fairy... Lol

Are you sure she drove an alfa, and didn't buy a ford and stick an alpha badge on it?

An alpha that worked.... I'm stumped, I'm going to close a daw into my mouth send stick the teeth that fall out under my pillow

*Alfa! :P

Yes it was an excellent car, should of sold it and got an awful Audi!

Haha spelling doesn't improve with the day going on....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got a surprise phone call at the start of last week from the garage where my car had been ordered from. I very much expected the phone call to advise me that my new Mondeo Hybrid had been delayed and would be delivered towards the back end of April not the start especially considering that I had chased for a build date in mid Feb and was told they had not yet received one. You can imagine my surprise when the chap proceeded to tell me that not only had my car been delivered to them, but they had done their pre inspection checks and the car was ready for delivery to me :D

I took delivery on Tuesday last week (delivered on a low loader with 14 miles on the clock :rolleyes:), but I decided to wait until now to post my thoughts as I was due to do some reasonable mileage over the course of Thur and Fri which would allow me to post an informed review. I ended up covering just under 500 miles on those days, so here's my thoughts so far.

Looks and Design

The Hybrid only comes in 4 door saloon and personally I think it looks quite sleek. I've loved the look of the front of the Mk5 Mondeo from the first time I saw it with it's aggressively designed headlights and Aston Martin esq grills, it's clear to see the guys at Ford were looking to give the new Mondeo a touch of class in this area and personally I think they have done a great job.

I can't help but feel however that they ran out of creative flair when they got to the rear of the car, especially with the Hybrid. The rear end of the standard Mondeo doesn't look to bad at all, but they obviously chose to keep the Hybrid separate from the rest of the range in this area and as such the overall look of the car does suffer a bit. My other slightly negative comment in this area is the smaller alloy wheels. I understand why they went with smaller alloys and larger tyres (fuel economy), but again it does detract slightly from the overall look of the car.

Performance, Handling, Comfort and Economy

Obviously it goes without saying that you shouldn't expect a Hybrid to be an all out power house that loves nothing more than to breath in cold air and spit flames out the other end. But coming from an Insignia 2.0T Turbo with over 250bhp, one of my biggest concerns when ordering the Hybrid (which frankly I did without test driving it), was that I would often be finding myself in situations where I would be needing to put my foot down for overtaking and be greeted with nothing more than small !Removed! from the exhaust and an absolutely lack of power. THANKFULLY - I am pleased to say this is not the case. Putting your foot flat on the floor in the Hybrid, engages the equivalent of a kick down in an automatic car, giving you the full use of the engine and battery power (I.E All 187ps), giving the car a real shove up the road. The only thing I will say is doing so is noisy as the engine jumps right into the 6000rpm range, but from my point of view just knowing the power is there if it's needed is important.

In terms of on the road handling and comfort, I have again been very impressed with the New Mondeo Hybrid. The seats are extremely supportive and comfortable and have a sporty feeling to them meaning they wrap round your sides and hold you in place when your taking a corner slightly more aggressively. Ride quality of the car is good in general, granted it's not class leading, but during my three and a half hour trip (each way), which was a combination of motorway, A roads and town driving I had no cause for complaint what so ever.

Economy is a bit tough to call at the moment, but according to the OBC I averaged 47MPG on my first tank of fuel which incidentally only cost me £51. There are certain tricks to driving the hybrid which you learn very quickly such as you can maintain speed up to about 70mph on a flat piece of road just using the batteries, this has a very positive effect on overall MPG and you often find yourself trying to drive more efficiently which isn't difficult in the Hybrid.

Gadgets and Extra

I just wanted to include this final section to cover off some of the strong features of the new Mondeo. First and foremost has to be the Adaptive LED Headlights - WOW! Having had Xenons on my last three or four cars, I wasn't sure how the LED's would compare, but they are nothing short of sensational. They produce a brilliant white light with a very high tech laser blue tinge to them, which illuminates the road exceptionally well without blinding anyone else. It's also worth noting that the automatic high beam LED as well and the sensor is very quick to turn the auto main beam on and off which was one of my biggest gripes in older cars.

The Sync 2 system seems to work very well with the DVD Navigation being very clear and quick to respond. There's nothing worse in my mind than a Sat Nav which alerts you to the fact you should be exiting the motorway in 500 yards. The Navigation on the Sync 2 does split screen and gives you plenty of notice of upcoming changes or exit's which is pleasing to see.

Keyless entry is useful, although I could personally live without it if I had to drop anything from the spec. The tinted rear windows are good for the kids on the sunnier days and actually help during night driving as well to reduce glare from other headlights behind you, although to be fair the rear view mirror is auto dimming as well.

Conclusion

All in all I am exceptionally happy with the Mondeo Hybrid and feel that some of the comments that I've read about the car quite frankly don't do it justice at all. I would urge anyone who's considering a new Mondeo to give the Hybrid a glance over at the very least, especially if your looking for a new company car. With the low BIK tax, reasonable performance and generally high level of spec all round it represents a very appealing prospect.

An excellent right up, thanks for sharing!

All we need now are pics please! :D

Thanks! It looks lovely, like the Focus in the background too! :)

The Mondeo looks beautiful, like you said just ashame about the wheels but definitely not a deal breaker! Enjoy the car

Wheels can be replaced! Looking nice in white though

Hi all,

Just a few questions I'm hoping to get answered as I can't find a conclusive answer anywhere on the internet!

1). There's no mention of the current Mondeo having cooling seats in the spec/brochure or when ‘building’ your Mondeo on the website. However when you go onto the Ford website and look at the Mondeo page, in some of the pictures you can clearly see buttons for cooling seats (http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/AllNewMondeo/Performance-and-efficiency - look at the picture above “Manual gearboxes that match your engine” ) and in some of the news articles and reviews it mentions it. Do the top spec UK Mondeo's have cooling seats? Or will this come out in later models?

2.) Following on from this, there is no mention massage seats in the brochures or on the UK Ford website. However, again it is mentioned in online articles and reviews (from the UK) and in the Mondeo documentary that was posted a few pages back. Are massage seats currently available on UK Mondeo's? Or will these be added as an option later in the year?

3.) I've also read online about the pedestrian detection/collision avoidance system. Does the current Mondeo do this or will this be featured on an updated model later this year, when the AWD system is brought out?

Many thanks!

Sometimes the features are added to models after the first few months worth have been produced. It could be this, but clarity either way should be given by ford

Good day everybody

I am planning to replace my Fiesta with the new Mondeo. Currently I am looking at the 2.0 TDCi 180HP, manual transmission. I went for a drive test but I could only try the Powershift one, which I won't buy. In the last week I've been trying to find a demo car which has the manual transmission because at this time I don't want to switch to automatic. Will it be a big difference in terms of torque when it comes to the manual? When I went for the drive test, the Powershift did not seem that punchy as I was expecting from a 180HP.

The last month was a continuous struggle between the new Mondeo, Skoda Octavia RS and the Focus ST estate, but probably the new Mondeo will be the final decision.

Any words of wisdom?

This is how the car will look if I go for the new Mondeo

Manual always feel more Torquey as the auto gearbox has a torque converter which tends to lessen the feel of it. The auto is also a heavier gearbox meaning it too detracts from the power output of the engine.

Continue your search and even if you find a smaller manual engine you will find that the torque output of the manual is on par with the auto if not more so you would have a better idea of what the 2 litre will be like

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club