Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Flame 1.4 Build Log (Was Fiesta Mk6 5 Door Custom Sub)

GingerFlame

Think my throttle body could do with a clean

post-57403-14291366747_thumb.jpg

post-57403-142913667552_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

New purchases! New ballasts as one of the old ones failed. Although the seller sent me ones for single beam and is now being a d1ck about it! The led strips were dirt cheap from China. They feel very high quality and will be used as footwell lighting in the back. The led strips I used last time were a little weak and didn't look too good. These look the part and will be more durable. It's for this reason I've installed the DRLs I bought in the front footwell instead of the led strips. I might even purchase some more of the aluminium hard mounted strips for the boot! The old ones went crap within a week!

The new ones can be cut every 3 LEDs like the old strips so they're much better in terms of everything but size

post-57403-142913983852_thumb.jpg

post-57403-142913985037_thumb.jpg

post-57403-14291398591_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Seller has just confirmed it will fit.. going to shop around then get it in a few months! Fit it myself.. I was deciding between that or air ride last night.. air ride's simply too expensive at the minute, and there's too much to go wrong.. especially if I installed it myself haha

Those look really nice and will sound good too. You getting them?

Yeah it's on the list for a few months time. I've got the car to pay off and the swirl removal/detailing products adding Upto 340 to pay for

• Like 1

I couldnt afford that for my fiesta. But i still havent done any mods to my mk6 fiesta yet as it in the garage for the 12th time in 2 months

I couldnt afford that for my fiesta. But i still havent done any mods to my mk6 fiesta yet as it in the garage for the 12th time in 2 months

12 times?! Ive not had to garage either of mine yet! What type of problems have you had?

• Like 1

Car got bombed by seagulls last night.. they even left there Mark on their exit route

post-57403-142927048429_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

You should see the state of my bonnet after parking it under a tree the last few days :P

My bonnet lacquer is knackered thanks to the crap that was on it. I soaked it for a good 15 minutes prior to trying to remove it but it's still managed to etch a place in the top coat! Just given the car a good wash & wax.. debating a partial respray instead of the exhaust and swirl removal as there are stone chips everywhere :(. On the upside.. I've talked the girlfriend round and the coilovers are coming in May! I also managed to remove all the stubborn tar. Autoglym tar remover is a beast if you make sure it comes in to contact with no water whatsoever

• Like 2

You can see some of the stone chips in the pictures :(

post-57403-142929559042_thumb.jpg

post-57403-142929560587_thumb.jpg

post-57403-142929561445_thumb.jpg

post-57403-142929562432_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good mate, your always end up with marks and chips. :)

It's just annoying because the old car only had a few dents :(

• Like 1

Looking good buddy. I flipping hate bird !Removed! on my car. They all over the place here. Hope you get it sorted.

Nicely done with the coilovers. I reckon the stance will look much better and the car will handle better too. When do you think you will have them fitted? You still getting the polybushes as well?

I am planning for myself to get the Bilstein B12 Eibach Pro-Kit soon as my shocks are knackered I think with 110k miles on the clock.

Doesn't help living near the sea with a bright blue car :(

I'm going to transfer the rear sub frame and mounts from the old car. This means my painted drums, polybushes, and axle spacers will be added to the new car! I'll do this at the same time as the coilovers. Not sure when I'll get them fitted! The other fiesta had done over 120k and the shocks were just starting to show signs of death

• Like 2

Doesn't help living near the sea with a bright blue car :(

I'm going to transfer the rear sub frame and mounts from the old car. This means my painted drums, polybushes, and axle spacers will be added to the new car! I'll do this at the same time as the coilovers. Not sure when I'll get them fitted! The other fiesta had done over 120k and the shocks were just starting to show signs of death

Coilovers will look sweet and handling will be great,

It's just annoying because the old car only had a few dents :(

Mines scratches, just keep finding them everywhere....not big or deep, just annoying though. :(

Sweet. It's all coming together gradually. Put some more pictures up when you get a chance please :)

Going for a good rural run out to a rugby game for the little brother on Sunday.. so prepare for some field shots.. well. Dirty car parks at least :(

• Like 1

I'm planning on cutting some leftover carpet from the boot build and using it under the front passenger seat to hide all the cables ;) lazy fixes!

• Like 1

As long as it looks tidy, doesn't matter how you got it done in my book.

Saw another Fiesta in silver yesterday with the same wheels as yours. You still thinking of getting new wheels or going to stick with the current ones?

Yeah! Talking of tidying things up I'm going to build an 'extension" for the amp enclosure under the seat as it takes up half the rear footwell and makes the mat look craps . I'm going to extend the enclosure so the whole footwell is the same level & I'm Definately getting new wheels.. hate the factory ones.. and a good set goes for £90 and I've 6 wheels.. so if I got 100 on eBay after buying the new wheels I'd be happy!

• Like 1

Interesting idea about the extension. You not worried about heat build up as I am guessing the amp will be covered over?

With regards to the wheels, £100 for 6 should be achievable and you can put that money towards a new set of alloys. Plenty of choice out there if you are going aftermarket. I reckon that white wheels will look ace with the blue of the car.

Interesting idea about the extension. You not worried about heat build up as I am guessing the amp will be covered over?

With regards to the wheels, £100 for 6 should be achievable and you can put that money towards a new set of alloys. Plenty of choice out there if you are going aftermarket. I reckon that white wheels will look ace with the blue of the car.

I've vented the front of the enclosure with the car carpet protected with silver foil tape, not that it will ever get that hot!

I'm going to look at a few different sets closer the time and photoshop each set onto the car in difference colours

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club