Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Could Ford Improve The Fiesta?

Marcr1

Yes, those could be even better than xenons. I don't know anything about LED headlights but does anyone know if they have been factory fitted to any road cars yet? It would be good if all lights can be LEDs so we can do away with unreliable and power hungry bulbs for good.

Seat have LED headlights as an option.

http://www.seat.co.uk/content/uk/brand/en/models/new-leon/technology.html

A lot of Audi's have matrix LED headlights, more so the higher spec ones as they are £££! Think they're like a £1500 option

They're an option on the new MONDEO so they may filter down the models to the next gen fiesta.

They'll only fit these type of things if people will pay the extra for them, so in most cases they won't do it.

That's intestesting, especially how they describe them as maintenance free - that's an important feature. The thing I'm not sure about from looking at that is the full beams, are those LEDs too? The site explains how the "high beam assist" dips the full beam automatically, which is another great feature, and I assume the full beam does use LEDs when they mention "full LED headlights".

They're an option on the new MONDEO so they may filter down the models to the next gen fiesta.

They'll only fit these type of things if people will pay the extra for them, so in most cases they won't do it.

That's good news if Ford are already implementing LED headlights, and I'd definitely pay extra to get them if I buy another Fiesta. Maybe that's something that will come standard on the next ST3 :)

You see lots of Seat's with LED headlights (they're easy to spot) as they've had an offer on were they are including them as free, and the offer is still on the website now.

I wonder how much it costs if one of the LEDs blows?

You see lots of Seat's with LED headlights (they're easy to spot) as they've had an offer on were they are including them as free, and the offer is still on the website now.

I wonder how much it costs if one of the LEDs blows?

Yeah I think I've seen a few, I keep thinking the lights are way too bright but that must be just because of how much brighter the LEDs are. Maybe if an LED blows a dealer should be able to replace the unit and send the faulty one to be repaired, then they could collect all the repaired units for when they are needed, if it's a common problem.

Do they use multiple LEDs for the dipped beam? That would be better, then at least if one goes you can still drive safely at night until it can be repaired.

slap some leather on it for TX drivers.

Like this

b36712a0f7a1dc0e3291fa9d06fa54e6.jpg

Re design rear headrests, you have to raise them to stop them digging in the back of your neck/shoulders then shove em back down again when not in use for rearward visibility.

They are designed to be uncomfortable when down so that the rear passengers lift them up so they work as intended, it is annoying having to put them back down though.

Increase the size and positioning of the multi information screen and make it touch sensitive.

Touch screens are awful in cars, can never see them cleary due to fingerprints or reflections. Have driven a 208, clio and a few others with them and they've all been the same.

Is the leather arm rest for ST only, doesnt look padded though but could be wrong.

Just need to make it adjustable.

they have been on Audis for yonks now, technically they are not LED but EL wire which gives the seamless beam of light, mega money to replace.

The leather arm rest is a 3rd party make that someone found on here, not standard, ST arm rest is still as useless as the rest...unless Orangutan.

they have been on Audis for yonks now, technically they are not LED but EL wire which gives the seamless beam of light, mega money to replace.

The leather arm rest is a 3rd party make that someone found on here, not standard, ST arm rest is still as useless as the rest...unless Orangutan.

The continuous strip light is the DRL, the headlights are several lights in the centre of the unit

cw-4-4-3.jpg

I've got an ST2 and things I'd like to see as standard are. Xenon lights (on all cars) or even full LEDs as these are just as good. All other lights LED instead of normal bulbs. Moveable arm rest. Better instrument cluster. Power fold mirrors as standard. Better infotainment system the Sony one I have is hit and miss. Apple car play and the Google car system as sync is hard work at times. Better iPod MP3 player connections (preferably hidden so u don't have to wire this yourself as I have). Better choice of colours for the ST as there very limited with only blue red orange white and black.

Make rear seat bottom to lift up or can be removed to give more head room for carrying things like the Peugeot 206, stop all the rattles and fit a nice centre console.

Heres another one, won't be needing it for a while.

BETTER AIR CONDITIONING THAT IS ACTUALLY COLD!

Heres another one, won't be needing it for a while.

BETTER AIR CONDITIONING THAT IS ACTUALLY COLD!

Mine was freezing cold in the summer, are you sure yours doesn't just need recharging/ regassing?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

But there is cold....and there is Damm Cold! not cold enough for me, I like to be cold enough to turn it off if that makes sense, Like an old Skyline R33 if you've ever been one, like being in a Freezer.

Mercedes style Airscarf would be good too.

It does make sense but mine does get cold enough for me to want to turn mine off, it gets just as cold as my husbands Mitsubishi iykwim

I'll admit mine gets colder the more speed (mway) and distance I put in though, stop /start I'd agree could do with being colder

Mine was freezing cold in the summer, are you sure yours doesn't just need recharging/ regassing?

Get a Mk5. Mine mists up the outside of the windscreen when it's been on for a while.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Ford OC mobile app

A few more cubbyholes for better storage, cornering front fog lights and how about those pop out door protectors as on the focus

cornering front fog lights

Good god no! Hate those things. Just looks like a) you're an eejit with their fog lights on and b) you're an eejit with a bulb out every time you go round a corner!

• Like 3

Good god no! Hate those things. Just looks like a) you're an eejit with their fog lights on and b) you're an eejit with a bulb out every time you go round a corner!

Agreed! A better solution would be led cornering lights that swivel in their socket. Ie your dipped beam swivel right when you turn right. You see them on higher spec cars quite a lot.

I've had a Seat with front cornering fog lights and there completely pointless. I didn't even realise I had them till someone pointed it out that I had so I read the hand book. That's how good they actually are at lightning up the corner so u can see better.

I've always thought mine was pretty quiet.

Not only fiesta but id add rear running lights. I was parked behind another car the other day and forgot I'd turned lights off of auto. Car started and as they are so bright I thought my lights were on. Got a few flashes from behind as I drive along the road. ..doh.

I was wondering if all cars should be fitted with a reversing beeper. Although make it a bit quieter than on lorries etc.

I'd want the pop out door protectors like the focus, more interior lighting as standard, I do love most things about the current fiesta though

Abby

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club