Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

How Long Does It Take To Find An Idiot!

jeebowhite

Peeving Public!  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How long does it take for you to find an idiot?

• 1 minute or less
    • 2 minutes
    • 5 minutes
    • 10 minutes
    • 20 minutes
    • 30 minutes
    • 60 minutes
    • I never find any idiots

We do train to drop sirens at junctions when stopped so as to avoid pressuring drivers or deafening them :p.

And yourself mate!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Ford OC mobile app

I think it's too late for me.

Tbh I get no end of ear infections due to having a radio earpiece shoved in my lughole all the time (it channels the cold and external noise too).

I think it's too late for me.

Tbh I get no end of ear infections due to having a radio earpiece shoved in my lughole all the time (it channels the cold and external noise too).

Always time mate, I damaged my hearing when I was a student and chose not to wear ear plugs whilst at work in a nightclub, kind of regret it now!

We have to wear earpieces to protect sensitive information from being overheard but hearing a flamin' Airwaves tone every 5 seconds for 8-12 hours a shift can drive you nuts.

• Like 1

We have to wear earpieces to protect sensitive information from being overheard but hearing a flamin' Airwaves tone every 5 seconds for 8-12 hours a shift can drive you nuts.

I take it you wear an "in ear" one? Have you the option of an external one (G shape)?

I've tried all types.

In ear tubes hurt after a while, channel external noise/cold and cause impacted wax/infections.

G shape keep getting pulled off and hurt .

I currently use a D shape which channels cold air but is more comfortable for long term wear.

Not likely to convey the kind of public image I am expected to maintain.

A wooly hat pulled down over my lugs does help though.

• Like 1

Not likely to convey the kind of public image I am expected to maintain.

A wooly hat pulled down over my lugs does help though.

Always get some black ones with 999 written on each ear...

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

• Like 2

Actually on a serious note where Clive mentioned a traffic cop ticketing someone who moved through a red to let the blue lights through... With all respect, I find it outrageous.. We've all heard the term "the law is an !Removed!", whether you agree or disagree with the phrase, this is certainly an example of it.

Granted police officers are not judges, they have to apply the laws, however they do; on face value, have an air of discretion. In that example you'd assume an officer would simply tell the offending motorist that whilst they appreciate the help, one should not endanger themselves or others etc.

I find the whole thing akin to the scenarios you hear about in civil cases where a burglar injures themselves and sues the property owner.

• Like 3

Couldn't agree more. I must admit I will Continue to take my chances. I would be outraged if I needed cops there in a life and death scenario and found they were being held up at every set of red lights.

If needs be I would take it to court and ask the judge If the offence outweighs my obligation for this officers travels. If it was a life and death situation they might well agree and throw it out, however if it was a donut run....

• Like 1

So it appears the choice is breach the line and go through the red light and get prosecuted or stay put and obstruct an officer in the course of his duties and ........get prosecuted? :unsure: I'm confused what I should do.

You can't be forced to breach a red light unless you are expressly directed to by an Officer directing traffic.

I stick with take my chances, breach the line and answer to it if I am pulled. If there is a red light camera though, maybe I would reconsider!

I should really upload a clip from yesterday, when a lorry blatantly pulled out in front of me on a roundabout. I managed to not get angry at him, and to some extent I can see why they do that sometimes in heavy traffic, because there just aren't any gaps big enough for a lorry to use without causing other traffic to slow down. Still annoying though :angry:

I had road rage yesterday. Some fool in a celica (the last shape) tried to tailgate me and undertake me, I sped up and he couldn't get past he then swerved at me lol thing is my car would crush all 4 passengers and not even notice. Some people really don't know how to pick a fight. Also it had a BMW Msport badge on it so couldn't be allowed to pass. I had a quote from Gandalf in my head at the time too.

• Like 1

I stick with take my chances, breach the line and answer to it if I am pulled. If there is a red light camera though, maybe I would reconsider!

I do it if I can put myself somewhere safe (not in the way of oncoming traffic), and where I can still see the lights - if, and only if, there are no red light cameras. Reality is that there is probably not much time saved - by the time everyone has moved out of the way the light has probably changed to green.

I had road rage yesterday. Some fool in a celica (the last shape) tried to tailgate me and undertake me, I sped up and he couldn't get past he then swerved at me lol thing is my car would crush all 4 passengers and not even notice. Some people really don't know how to pick a fight. Also it had a BMW Msport badge on it so couldn't be allowed to pass. I had a quote from Gandalf in my head at the time too.

Why not just ease off the accelerator to give you more time to slow down if the car in front brakes (as per highway code)? Let those who want to break the law, break the law. If you put yourself in the way you may well end up in the accident they cause.

• Like 1

I encountered four today in the space of a few minutes starting with a moron in Spetchley who decided to step out in front of me while I was doing 50! This was followed by a Porsche driver who didn't want to wait for me before going round a lorry parked on his side of the road. At the next roundabout (on Nunnery Way in Worcester, a road that attracts a lot of idiots), I gave way to a car to the right that wasn't indicating (so of course I assumed they were going straight over), only for them to take the first exit, then had a bin lorry not give way to me on the roundabout.

• Like 1

I had a couple today, but one really stood out. It was an Audi driver who must have been doing at least 50 in a 30, through an amber light (or maybe just before it went amber) and overtook another can by going over hashed markings. This was at a major junction in Leeds, which luckily is part of a one-way system, but if someone decided to cross the road they would have been a goner.

This morning, I saw a BMW X5 driver stuck behind a bus at a bus stop. There was no room to go around the bus, as there was a raised traffic island immediately to the side of the BMW.

The bugger gets so impatient and proceeds to:

(1) Lean on the horn for all eternity.

(2) Try and climb over the traffic island!?!?!

(3) Attempts to reverse, in order to go around the traffic island, narrowly missing the driver behind!!

Once the bus starts moving, the BMW is tailgating the bus with the car positioned on the centre divider, forcing oncoming drivers to take evasive action.

Just another day on the roads in Surrey. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I had a similar experience with a BMW driver once. I'd parked on a road while visiting a family member and by the time I left, the road had become very busy. A rather kind bloke in a Kia stopped to let me out. The BMW driver was behind the Kia and decided to go around it as I was (it was a large Kia so I didn't see the BMW as I pulled away). To top it off the !Removed! was also on his phone.

Had a cracker the other morning. https://goo.gl/maps/cFntI Evasive action was taken otherwise there would have been a collision.

If you come from the M5, and want to take the 4th exit (3rd major exit), you use either lane 2 or 3. The roundabout lanes will guide you on, and chuck you off at the correct exits. Just as you join the roundabout in lane 3, that lane then splits into the inner-most lane, and the lane taking you to the 4th and 5th exit.

However people (lane 2) have got it in their head that the lines mean nothing (visible at 5am on a dashcam), and will quite happily cut you up if you follow the correct lane. It is far safer here to go from lane 3 to the inner most lane, and then indicate and move left once the plonkers have decided what they're doing.

According to my experience, about 5 minutes..

live next door to one :)

same here, but rarely see him, good job I go to work about 3 hours before he does!

and normally find an idiot first thing in the morning, so about 5 mins in

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club