Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

When you signed up to Ashley Madison four years ago purly out of interest to see what the hype was about.

Then four years later your wife's going through your phone while your asleep and finds an update email from Ashley Madison and assumes your an active member of the site😅 seriously wasn't even married four years ago😁

Day 3 of SilentTreatment continues😓

I can imagine that was difficult to explain (or make believable!).  Especially if she is already the suspicious type.

As Tom said though, every cloud has a silver lining!! :laugh:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I can imagine that was difficult to explain (or make believable!).  Especially if she is already the suspicious type.

As Tom said though, every cloud has a silver lining!! :laugh:

Together 16 years she's now a stay at home housewife and mother of our three children, I pay the mortgage and bills she doesnt have to do anything yet she still justifies giving me silent treatment 😁 cute

I don't like my CPU temperature!!  Looks like the fan is on its way out, and being an old laptop it isn't even worth the bother of repairing it, so I will probably just use it until it blows up (hopefully not literally!) and then use it as an excuse to buy a new one.

speccy.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like my CPU temperature!!  Looks like the fan is on its way out, and being an old laptop it isn't even worth the bother of repairing it, so I will probably just use it until it blows up (hopefully not literally!) and then use it as an excuse to buy a new one.

speccy.png

😁Danger to the Manifold 

Why don't you get one of those laptop stands with built in fans? Got my last one from asda at about 15 quid. Plugs into laptop usb and keeps it cool.

• Like 1

Just now, tazzman600 said:

Why don't you get one of those laptop stands with built in fans? Got my last one from asda at about 15 quid. Plugs into laptop usb and keeps it cool.

They are good 👍

I got one from Maplin was aluminium which also helps soak heat.

another idea is to blow dust out of fan and laptop using a compressed air line if you can get access to one, alternatively the vacuum 👍

2016's not over yet.

Carrie's mum, another huge name, Debbie Reynolds has now died.

What an astonishingly long list of hugely talented people and we've lost this year.

We've still got 2 days to go...

Exhaustion finally hit and boy I have never been this exhausted. 20hrs drive in total. But will I do it again hell yeah

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't like that the notifications on here have stopped saying the thread this week...just 'XXX has quoted you in a topic' but not which topic.  Anyone else or just me lol??

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like that the notifications on here have stopped saying the thread this week...just 'XXX has quoted you in a topic' but not which topic.  Anyone else or just me lol??

Can't say that I ever noticed it telling you before, but the notification should still link to the post it refers to.

• Like 1

Yeah it used to say, and the 'likes' still do say which thread, just the quotes that have stopped.  The link still works fine though.

• Like 2

I don't like that Xmas plan A and plan B, didn't come to fruition and as a consequence I have far too much food, that I can possibly consume now:sad:  Even if I wasn't on a diet, I'd struggle to eat the volume I've got:ohmy:  My interior fridge is so full, I've had to start up my spare fridge in the garage to store the overflow:sad:.

Plan A was that both brothers and SIL would descend on Xmas eve, this was modified to Plan B when my youngest brother acquired flu on the 22nd and the Xmas gathering was postponed until the 28th.  My other brother delayed his arrival so he'd have the maximum time with everyone.  He arrived on the 27th.

An hour after I'd got all the meats roasting and broiling, on the 28th, my youngest brother phoned to say SIL had now got the flu he had the week before and she didn't feel like a travelling, saying they'd see what she felt like tomorrow (the 29th).  24 hours later, he phoned to say she was worse, and now retreated beneath the duvet with a fever, so they couldn't make it, this year.

My other brother is going to return this afternoon, whilst he likes to eat well and has made an impact into several of the meats, there is a limit on what he can consume within the next 4 hours.  He is going to take a couple of gammons, several pies and a big box of fruit back with him.

Not a great deal of what I've prepared can be frozen for later without altering it's structure when thawed.  Which would've helped if it were possible:only it isn't:sad:

In other dislikes, Brandy seems to be ageing rapidly at the moment, she's gone from her previous bouncy self to reclining down and snoozing in random places self .:mellow:  Although with the her strained paw, her walks have been restricted and she needs rear support with the folded towel: she's beginning to lose interest in having a walk.  Perhaps she thinks these short ones aren't worth the effort:unsure:

17 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I've got that, it first manifested itself shortly after the leaderboard was introduced. 

• Like 1

Wonderful:sad:

I've just opened the fridge to get some cream for my coffee and the butter drawer fell of the door and broke on the tiled floor.  Whilst I can epoxy it back together, it's going to need some additional fabricated ABS pieces for reinforcement, as it's fractured through the slot that slides on to the door piece:ohmy:

Fortunately Brandy missed the opportunity to grab the spare cheese ( two Bries, a Camembert and a Red Leicester) that dropped in front of her along with all the butter. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GMX said:

In other dislikes, Brandy seems to be ageing rapidly at the moment, she's gone from her previous bouncy self to reclining down and snoozing in random places self .:mellow:  Although with the her strained paw, her walks have been restricted and she needs rear support with the folded towel: she's beginning to lose interest in having a walk.  Perhaps she thinks these short ones aren't worth the effort:unsure:

That is usually the way, with both animals and humans.  My grandparent's oldest dog, a labrador, was sprightly right up to the age of 14 or 15, but then in the space of a month she could barely leave the house, or walk at all for that matter.  By the time she reached 16 she had suffered a stroke, went blind and was losing her hearing, so they had to put her to sleep.  In a way it would have been kinder to us if it had hapened gradually over the course of a few years, so it didn't seem so sudden, but it was probably better for her that she retained her faculties for the maximum time possible, rather than suffering from a slow decline.

I'm not saying that's what will happen to Brandy though, and hopefully she is just taking a while to get over her recent fall and will return to normal soon.  But, you never know, so make the most of every day (that goes for animals and humans too!).

• Like 1

She's probably sore and bruised.
Give her a week and she'll be far happier.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

She's probably sore and bruised.
Give her a week and she'll be far happier.

Sent from my SM-G930F

That's true.

She wasn't very enthusiastic about her tea (chicken necks) tonight, which she usually eats in around 30 seconds (averaging 5 seconds per neck). She looked at them for a good hour, re-arranged them in her bowl and on the floor, before eating just one and a half. 

However, she was a bit more sprightly on her 9pm stroll round the block, than she has been all day.

• Like 1

I don't like the thought that somebody born in 2000 could now legally drive a car...  Scary!! :shock:

yea my grandson /  2000 seems like yesterday :smile:

I dont like that im 40 this year, where did all those years go?:wacko:

12 minutes ago, iantt said:

40!! is that all?? lol

I know, im wise beyond my years so I come across as being an older gentleman online!:whistling:

1 hour ago, WES180 said:

I dont like that im 40 this year, where did all those years go?:wacko:

Look in the bright side Wes, at least you are now old enough to join in on the "granny sooker" videos... :wink:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, dezwez said:

wish i was 40 again :lol1:

I wish I was 40 full stop.  Paying nearly £100 per month for car insurance is enough to spoil any benefits of being young.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club