Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Mali's are very intelligent and need a lot of attention to get the best from them.

Plenty of positive reinforcement is required.

Willow only listens to me (and my wife to a lesser degree) and is very loyal and protective.

The springer Jed is a big soft lump that loves everyone but still very loyal to me.

Without a very solid bond with the dogs I wouldn't get the best from them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Mali's are very intelligent and need a lot of attention to get the best from them.

Plenty of positive reinforcement is required.

Willow only listens to me (and my wife to a lesser degree) and is very loyal and protective.

The springer Jed is a big soft lump that loves everyone but still very loyal to me.

Without a very solid bond with the dogs I wouldn't get the best from them.

Yep the springers tend to be happy with everyone but still loyal. I look after 2 regularly but there is always one that is happy to see my girlfriend and totally ignores me when I walk in, the other one however comes bounding to me happy as larry as I give her more attention! (2 working/ex working field spaniels - pretty well trained!)

All the bad press about dogs you hear is rubbish in my eyes because if a dog is given the time to be trained effectively, to action on command (not just sit, paw etc) but the more important commands, then they can be great for work, and for home! I like dogs!  :biggrin::1eye:

Realised this is the dislike thread so, I Dislike badly trained dogs :sleep:

• Like 2

Exactly, no such thing as a bad dog, only bad owners.

Our collie springer cross was a rescue and used to cower in fear if you rolled up a magazine/newspaper to swat a fly - disgusting.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Our collie springer cross was a rescue and used to cower in fear if you rolled up a magazine/newspaper to swat a fly - disgusting.

Disgusting when people do that to dogs. If you remember or have heard about the dog in Kent which was fed drugs and kicked by teenagers, http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/teenagers-steal-puppy-feed-it-drugs-burn-it-break-its-neck-and-leave-dog-for-dead-on-rubbish-tip-a6747941.html , my girlfriend was part of the team that looked after this one and luckily Chunky came back from it after surgery etc - the vets were sad to see him go as he was such a nice dog even after all of this! Luckily returned to the owners

The people who did this got fines, deferred sentences etc and the lad who did it is still knocking around the streets in the SE and has committed a few crimes since (car break in) - to be fair there are a few people.

So i also dislike the mistreatment of dogs! 

• Like 1

I don't like paying for guaranteed next day delivery by RM Special delivery and it not happening:angry:  No message from the pet store as to why either:sad:

3 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Welsh springer collie cross, or English spring collie cross?  Brandy is a Welsh springer collie cross.

It's curious that we both have Foci, live in the eastern part of Dorset and have rescue springer spaniel collie cross dogs who had been hit before being rescued

It took Brandy a long time before she wouldn't cower and tremble, when I raised a brush to do my hair or lifted an arm whilst holding something. 

2 hours ago, JSMarsden said:

Disgusting when people do that to dogs. If you remember or have heard about the dog in Kent which was fed drugs and kicked by teenagers, http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/teenagers-steal-puppy-feed-it-drugs-burn-it-break-its-neck-and-leave-dog-for-dead-on-rubbish-tip-a6747941.html , my girlfriend was part of the team that looked after this one and luckily Chunky came back from it after surgery etc - the vets were sad to see him go...

The people who did this got fines, deferred sentences etc and the lad who did it is still knocking around the streets in the SE and has committed a few crimes since (car break in) - to be fair there are a few people.

So i also dislike the mistreatment of dogs! 

Brandy was rescued from a house of known junkies and deviants.

I hate to think what she had to endure previously:angry:

1 hour ago, GMX said:

I don't like paying for guaranteed next day delivery by RM Special delivery and it not happening:angry:  No message from the pet store as to why either:sad:

Welsh springer collie cross, or English spring collie cross?  Brandy is a Welsh springer collie cross.

It's curious that we both have Foci, live in the eastern part of Dorset and have rescue springer spaniel collie cross dogs who had been hit before being rescued

It took Brandy a long time before she wouldn't cower and tremble, when I raised a brush to do my hair or lifted an arm whilst holding something. 

Brandy was rescued from a house of known junkies and deviants.

I hate to think what she had to endure previously:angry:

Because Royal Mail?

This is a pic of our dog I took a couple of years ago (although really it's my mum's dog, but she also has a Focus, lol). I would assume because she is black and white it would be English Springer she is crossed with? Blue eyes come from the Collie side I believe.

56def5411dc58_2013-05-0717.53.27.thumb.j

We've had her for about 10 years now I think, she came from a family with 2 under 3s, they got her after they had started their family, why they thought a collie is a good family pet around young children I don't know, but she was clearly hit for her natural herding instinct which caused her to "discipline" the naughty children (like sheep).

She then spent a week with a tree surgeon who took her with him on a job and left her loose, she was shouted at after being in the way of a falling branch, which caused her to run around the neighbours in a panic and she turned on them when they tried to grab her by the collar.

She was a shaky nervous wreck when we first met her, but loved her ball (as you can see from the pic). If she doesn't have a ball she'll find something for you to throw, sticks, stones, etc. It made the perfect bonding and training "tool" and to gain her trust with. Even now she still doesn't like strangers that try to say hello to her, more so men than women and is very defensive against people entering our property.

Still that's probably enough about "our" dog.

Something I don't like.... Trying to save up for a house (that's one in itself), but made worse by being tempted by the MP275 kit for my car!

• Like 1

@clive I saw a marked dog car at the top of elliot Street a couple nights ago, think someone was walking his dawg on the hoe.
  • Like 1

I don't like selling cars!  I know it runs fine, but to others all they see is potential problems.  Just buy the flaming thing!!

I don;t like having the afternoon off work and all I've done is sleep on the sofa, waste of life.  I also don't like the fact that work have cancelled a course I was really excited to be going on, yes I was expecting them to cancel it but still.  

I don't like being ill again!  This is the second virus I've had in less than a month.  And the fact that no matter how ill I feel I cannot take sick days as they are not paid and I can't afford to lose a day's salary. 

50 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like being ill again!  This is the second virus I've had in less than a month.  And the fact that no matter how ill I feel I cannot take sick days as they are not paid and I can't afford to lose a day's salary. 

Shouldn't you get statutory sick pay?

20 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Shouldn't you get statutory sick pay?

Only after 3 consecutive days off, unfortunately.

I don't like that I've eaten all the parsnips I had in the garden over the last three days, and all subsequent parsnip based meals will have to use bought parsnips, which won't have the full flavour of grown ones.  I'll have to sow more this year to prolong next years parsnip season.

It's back to potatoes tonight, still got 40Kg left in potato mountain store, to use up by July

I also don't like treading on a semi-slumbering wasp on the stair carpet, in bare feet this morning.:sad:  I was then stung in the webbing between toe No.2 and toe No.3 on the right foot.  The wasp wasn't too chuffed either. 

I suspect it had come out of hibernation early with rapid increase of temperature and then got confused when it suddenly dropped back down to 8°C.  Putting the wasp back into hibernation mode, but too far in distance, from wherever it had been nesting.  I'm surprised Brandy and the cats hadn't noticed it.  Brandy quite uselessly, growls at wasps but the cats play a cross between tennis and squash with most flying things.  The wasp/moth/fly takes the part of the ball rather than an opponent.

On 08/03/2016 at 4:05 PM, alexp999 said:

Because Royal Mail?

This is a pic of our dog I took a couple of years ago (although really it's my mum's dog, but she also has a Focus, lol). I would assume because she is black and white it would be English Springer she is crossed with? Blue eyes come from the Collie side I believe.

56def5411dc58_2013-05-0717.53.27.thumb.j

We've had her for about 10 years now I think, she came from a family with 2 under 3s, they got her after they had started their family, why they thought a collie is a good family pet around young children I don't know, but she was clearly hit for her natural herding instinct which caused her to "discipline" the naughty children (like sheep).

She then spent a week with a tree surgeon who took her with him on a job and left her loose, she was shouted at after being in the way of a falling branch, which caused her to run around the neighbours in a panic and she turned on them when they tried to grab her by the collar.

She was a shaky nervous wreck when we first met her, but loved her ball (as you can see from the pic). If she doesn't have a ball she'll find something for you to throw, sticks, stones, etc. It made the perfect bonding and training "tool" and to gain her trust with. Even now she still doesn't like strangers that try to say hello to her, more so men than women and is very defensive against people entering our property.

Still that's probably enough about "our" dog.

Something I don't like.... Trying to save up for a house (that's one in itself), but made worse by being tempted by the MP275 kit for my car!

She's got longer fluffy spaniel like ears than Brandy has. Brandy's ears are almost naked by comparison:ohmy:  but she does have long fur underneath her flaps that take on a dreadlock appearance when wet! 

20151227_201400_HDR.thumb.jpg.1398175d1f

Brandy still has issues with small scruffy men who dress in black who have a passing resemblance to Russell Brand, I've noticed.  And she's not not overly keen on scruffy women in baggy yet dirty Shell suits with poor teeth.  Brandy is very specific in her stranger loathing

• Like 2

I don't like spending the evening with a cup of lemon and honey drink rather than my normal glass of wine.  Damn cold.

• Like 2

Hate HR.

Bunch of useless, annoying people without an ounce of common sense. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I don't like falling over my work piece and landing with my entire body weight upon my right thumb:ohmy:, when the wedge I was trying to force out, suddenly gives. 

My centre of gravity was too high and too far over as I was levering and wiggling the wedge - so, I took a tumble. A comedy moment for any onlookers, which I don't think there were.

For a few seconds, I thought I'd managed to dislocate it (thumb not work piece), it didn't look quite right but as I bent it and it sort of clicked.  So, if it was, it's gone back now.  It feels rather strained and has taken on grey to black to purple look, like a forthcoming but not developed yet bruise

46 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like spending the evening with a cup of lemon and honey drink rather than my normal glass of wine.  Damn cold.

You need a glass of rum or to retain the lemon-ness a glass of Schilletje or a glass of Fladderak

6 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Hate HR.

Bunch of useless, annoying people without an ounce of common sense. :rolleyes:

Those that can, do: whereas those that can't, join HR and don't

• Like 3

Don't like that my parcel off eBay hasn't turned up, long as it turns up tomorrow.  Don't like being poorly(man flu) and don't like work at the moment

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

Don't like that my parcel off Ebay hasn't turned up, long as it turns up tomorrow.  Don't like being poorly(man flu) and don't like work at the moment

Clearly Benjamin Wong is not your eBay seller.  Mr Wong updates you with over informative emails as to the state of the whereabouts of the item.  I ordered Brandy a duvet cover from him on Tuesday, since then I seem to have had an email from him, each time the duvet is moved across his warehouse, from room to room. One saying it will be posted at 6:38pm, another confirming that whilst he said 6:38pm, it was in fact posted at 6:41pm.  He now seems to check the parcel tracker and send an email telling you where it's at now.  This afternoon, it arrived in Southampton and is due for delivery tomorrow, apparently before 11:35am.

• Like 4

Don't like that my parcel off Ebay hasn't turned up, long as it turns up tomorrow.  Don't like being poorly(man flu) and don't like work at the moment

I call it manthrax.

• Like 1

I don't like seeing Man United play awful, dire, woeful football :wine:

• Like 1

If I ever catch that female dog that pulled out on me while I was driving a van filled with paint, I swear her car will end up in very small pieces!

On the plus side only one can spilled and I managed to scoop the contents of most of it back in

7 hours ago, JSMarsden said:

I don't like seeing Man United play awful, dire, woeful football :wine:

Met my neighbour on the way out to work this morning and he asked me how the dirty scouse B's were and how that tanker of a referee was feeling lol.  

22 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

I call it manthrax.

Other half is moaning at me because I keep 'milking' being poorly, it's a real illness but she doesn't understand

22 hours ago, GMX said:

Clearly Benjamin Wong is not your ebay seller.  Mr Wong updates you with over informative emails as to the state of the whereabouts of the item.  I ordered Brandy a duvet cover from him on Tuesday, since then I seem to have had an email from him, each time the duvet is moved across his warehouse, from room to room. One saying it will be posted at 6:38pm, another confirming that whilst he said 6:38pm, it was in fact posted at 6:41pm.  He now seems to check the parcel tracker and send an email telling you where it's at now.  This afternoon, it arrived in Southampton and is due for delivery tomorrow, apparently before 11:35am.

Lol Mr Wong, I can honestly say I've never had a seller like that before.  It turned up today, looks slightly bigger than what it's replacing but that's probably because it's not on the car.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club