Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

8 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

... I think even an independent could struggle.

My independent now has a bank of 'computers' on rolling trolleys lined up against one wall. It's very impressive and he services allsorts, BMWs, Porsche, Mercedes etc. and even my lowly little Focus. Don't expect a frothy coffee though LOL

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, iantt said:

got rats in our garden. was eating the bird seed , so removed that. then last night when i got home i saw it up against the bars of rabbit cage trying to queeze i . and to my suprise it did. having a feast on rabbit food while the the rabbit watched on!! i scared it off but no doubt it returned later

we had similar situation with mice in an apartment we once rented back in 2005,

we had a hamster at the time, and the mice would go in to take its food and also hit it a few slaps, hence our awareness of the issue as we were awoken my the sounds of a violent outbreak. 

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

My car has just been in for a service, the brake fluid has to be done while it's plugged in to a laptop. It still decided to throw a complete wobbly and had to have some purge and reset procedure done by the master tech. No chance of doing that sort of thing on your drive way, I think even an independent could struggle.

In case anyone else is worried I did hear that the cars with an Electronic Brake Booster instead of a Servo can't be bled the conventional way. I'm guessing that the ST ones have the EBB.

Luckily mine has a Servo, I'm not sure about the newer or Hybrid ones though.

I did also notice that in the latest version of FORScan a service Procedure has appeared for ABS service Bleed, but I don't know if it is for conventional Brake systems only or not.

27 minutes ago, Tizer said:

In case anyone else is worried I did hear that the cars with an Electronic Brake Booster instead of a Servo can't be bled the conventional way. I'm guessing that the ST ones have the EBB.

Luckily mine has a Servo, I'm not sure about the newer or Hybrid ones though.

I did also notice that in the latest version of FORScan a Service Procedure has appeared for ABS Service Bleed, but I don't know if it is for conventional Brake systems only or not.

The MHEV has the electronic brake booster.  Makes the brakes feel horrible tbh.  

• Sad 1

EBB works well on the Mk4 ST, nice progression, but then it's not trying to mix in regen the MHEV is.

I had a Fiesta loan car while it was in overnight and I either had not a lot or too much braking, lol.

• Like 2

The time is slowly coming to put the fiesta on sale. Due to ULEZ and my workplace being just within the border I sadly can't drive there in the fez without paying £12.50 a day. 

Heres my downgrade 😂. Can upgrade if I want but best I save up for my future plans

Screenshot_20211028-072019~2.png

• Sad 2

@zain611 sorry to read your update regarding the fiesta mate; I will be in a similar situation myself in a few weeks as my focus is due NCT, 

And well due to a number of recent events; I can't afford to fix it, should it fail the test, 

So I'll be moving to the Hyundai ix20, 

• Like 1

I don't like realising life is passing me by; as I've been working six days per week for the past eight years now, paying mortgage and all associated bills while my beautiful wife, best friend and partner of 20 years; looked after our there kids, 

Only having Sunday with my family and the dog, 

Wife has recently began to go out for drinks with friends past few weekends and I'm at home looking after our family having been working my sixth day in work; 

Meanwhile I'm watching Netflix with the kids and ordering pizza; trying to be as positive as possible.

I've also arranged her surprise 40th for next weekend; spent 1,400 euro on that; but I'm not allowed go because she thinks it's a family meal set up by her brothers and sister; plus my wife hasn't slept in the same room as me since early August, thought I'd have a surprise 40th to cheer her up 

Although I'm thinking who has things in perspective here; me or my wife. 

It's not a nice feeling to see your beautiful wife walking out the door dressed up lovely to spend the night in her sisters house, after you have spent all week working to provide for everything including her new dress, knee high boots and the vehicle she's driving.

Bug changes on the horizon for Len.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oh Greta, HOW DARE YOU!! Watched you on the Andrew Marr show, and you irritate me now more than you ever did. Not entirely your fault though as being so young, what real life experience have you got? You have been manipulated from such a young age, that you actually believe your own rhetoric.

I have long held the view that we should be adapting, rather than trying to change global warming. It's like p*ssing against a hurricane wind, worldwide governments including our own are trying to control the hurricane, instead of designing a nice cosy overcoat to protect us.

China, in the next 3 years will have in excess of 1300 coal powered power stations. The UK will have 2, nope, not a typo, 2. If the UK went to 'net zero' tomorrow, that's exactly the effect it would have on global climate change, zero!

Yet by blindly attempting 'net zero', the UK government are introducing economic measures that will inevitably bankrupt us as a country, and as individuals.  Much talk has been made over domestic 'heat pumps'. Experts agree this is fundamentally useless, with a planned grant spend of £80 Billion, yet eventually covering 0.2% of domestic properties! (again, not a typo, 99.2% will be untouched)

I'll not even start on battery cars which common sense will alert knowledgeable folk that we simply don't generate enough nasty electricity to power them. Again, if they are so good, why do we need to ban ICE cars as folk would always strive to get something better. The market should be left to decide. We are simply heading towards the 'betamax' of personal transport. (Younger readers may have to google that)

So Greta, 'how dare you', you have managed to brainwash not only a generation of impressionable youngsters, but also gullible governments pandering for votes! (interesting that China is not influenced in trying to get votes!)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Oh Greta, HOW DARE YOU!!

Lol, it might be more productive if she popped over to Beijing and had a chat with President Xi. Perhaps some of the Insulate Britain lot could join her and glue their heads to the road as well😀.

• Haha 2

We should be planting more trees.Not only forests but in urban areas as well.Trees are beautiful to look at, especially specimen trees, along country lanes and pathways👍

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, williamweb said:

We should be planting more trees.Not only forests but in urban areas as well.Trees are beautiful to look at, especially specimen trees, along country lanes and pathways👍

Trees look nice in urban areas but they cause huge amounts of damage to roads, paths, buildings, sewage pipes, electric cables etc.   

Councils seem to plant them all around new estates without any thought of the fact that they grow. :unsure:   Much better to set aside small sections of 'rec' ground with grass, trees, benches etc for each area.  I'm lucky enough to have a few have those locally.

• Like 1

Just now, TomsFocus said:

Tree's look nice in urban areas but they cause huge amounts of damage to roads, paths, buildings, sewage pipes, electric cables etc.   

Councils seem to plant them all around new estates without any thought of the fact that they grow. :unsure:   Much better to set aside small sections of 'rec' ground with grass, trees, benches etc for each area.  I'm lucky enough to have a few have those locally.

We’ve planted five specimen trees in a public space in our village with the councils permission.Ofcourse trees should to be planted in appropriate places and well maintained that goes without saying.

• Like 2

Quite alot of adverts have jumped on the "save the planet"  blah blah blah . Bad enough watching it on news !! 

• Like 1

It's almost as if it will affect all of us indefinitely... :whistling:

Seriously though, there is no adapting to it...  How do you grow crops in a drought?  Where do all the millions of people living in flood plains move to?  How do you stop all of the deaths from heat related illnesses in prolonged heatwaves?  How do you stop wildfires burning uncontrollably in a perfect storm of heat, dry and wind?  And no, cutting all the trees down isn't an acceptable solution for that one! :tongue:

Evolution will eventually help humans, animals and plants to adapt to a warmer climate, but not at the current rate of change.  It won't change the devastation & destruction from extreme weather events either.

The trouble is, the 'vocal' people on both sides won't budge and can't see any middle ground.  The interview about growing concrete last week was laughable, but it just shows how deeply some people believe thier own bullsh*t! :unsure:

23 minutes ago, iantt said:

Quite alot of adverts have jumped on the "save the planet"  blah blah blah . Bad enough watching it on news !! 

I work for a world leading pharmaceutical company; and we produce harmful toxins in the process of manufacturing API's (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) both in the air and in the water; 

We have scrubbers and an incinerator to treat the air aswell as a dedicated waste water treatment plant to treat the water; but a local council says the town will be carbon neutral by 2030 😂 thats never going to happen as long as my workplace remains active; 

Mainly because; if an operator adds 12% Hydrochloric acid in to a solution of methyl magnesium chloride which has previously been combined with 2 - benzyl peryodene mobile in tydrohetrofuran solution; 

Then it/ the process; creates too much methane gas for our thermal oxydiser to handle; resulting in a bypass of the incinerator; meaning the waste gas then vents directly to the atmosphere instead of what would be a huge flame protruding from the incinerator as result of excessive volume, 

All of this is recorded on a trend graph where we/the company pays the EPA a fee for all bypasses at a rate of x amount per kg of toxin, 

However; these companies also get a grant from the government for employing more people;

And nobody thinks: "what are these people being employed to do" 

I can tell you; they being employed to make two vital parts of the covid vaccine and they will cause bypasses which result in an environmental impact; until they are properly trained in the process of heating things up at a graduate level rather than full throttle, 

Overall mate, climate change and water restrictions; sadly don't seem to affect the big players which can emit more Carbon on a single night shift than a slammed decat diesel Jetta TDI would in a year of cruising; 

Yet we the working class people get impacted by carbon tax, fuel increases and water rates; a whole entire different world.

The only positive which I saw out of it was that we never stopped throughout the pandemic; as we were the supplier of the rescue party, and I don't take the slightest bit of pride in that because; we were doing the same job which we were always doing; suddenly it was cool.

The front line staff are the real heroes operating in direct contact with the infected; where I operated alone making the additives for the at the time fingers crossed 🤞: now successful vaccine, which gets tested by lab prior to release; we were and still are highly trained but isolated and produce the ingredients, but we don't see ourselves as frontline.

Getting back to your point though; the vehicle driver and kerosene home heating user is absolutely no patch on the every day pharmaceutical company.

Ultimately climate change won't stop and covid feeds in to the hands of the pharmaceutical industry making them almost untouchable; I say almost because on government country may abide to increased restrictions however the pharmaceutical industry will increase production in a more leaniant country; increasing income for the staff; in turn allowing them to pay for the increased fuel costs faced by all working class people but ultimately resulting in a harmonious outcome for the company with no complaints from staff or government.

I hate it when the washer has a bit of a brain freeze,it turns a 15 fast freshen up wash into a 2 hour wash..

Do they all work off the main board for the time of each cycles, its 20 years old so looks like a new one soon.

So many to choose from,only for 1 person so very expensive one just aint worth it.

Dam thing,4 rinses in a 15min wash😠

I can barely wash myself in 15 minutes, how does a machine manage a wash in that time? 😮 

Yours does sound broken unfortunately but sometimes the cycles can be messed up by an unbalanced load.  When it starts a gentle spin (used in rinsing as well as fast spinning) it checks for shakes and vibrations, if there are too many, it slows and gently rolls stuff around hoping to balance the load before trying again.  If you put something large but light in there (generally a fleece in my case!) the heavy stuff gets stuck on one side so it never balances, adds about half an hour to the cycle and everything is still sopping wet when it finishes!

My washer dryer is on it's last legs, making some awful plasticy cracks and creaks as well as knocking and the shock absorber seeming to have lost it's resistance.  Like you I've been looking around ready for replacement but there are too many to choose from, and online reviews suggest they're all rubbish in one way or another.  

• Like 1

While we are on the subject of clothes washing, does anyone know of a washing detergent that is readily available and is unperfumed or has little smell. 

I was using stuff from Lidl but they have stopped selling it and I find that all the others that I have tried have an overpowering smell that lasts for days even when the clothes are dry.

I have seen some fancy ones advertised but they are not readily available in most supermarkets. 

Have you tried Fairy or Persil?  They do have some scent but it's not really flowery like Bold or Surf.

I don't remember Daz having much scent but stopped using it when I switched to liquid tabs.  Purely because they don't make big boxes of tabs unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TomsFocus said:

I don't remember Daz having much scent ...

I've used Daz for years, really am unaware of any scent, maybe I'm just used to it?

• Thanks 1

No one admitting to being a Fairy user ? 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I've used Daz for years, really am unaware of any scent, maybe I'm just used to it?

Yep, sounds like you've gone noseblind! :laugh:

• Haha 1

Thanks guys, I've been unscrewing the caps in the shops and giving them all the sniff test and still not found any unscented yet, not tried Aldi's yet. If I don't get arrested I'll report back if I find one😄

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club