Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

It should be possible to clear site data just for this site. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Delete specific cookies
  1. On your computer, open Chrome .
  2. At the top right, click More Settings .
  3. Click Privacy and security. Cookies and other site data.
  4. Click See all site data and permissions.
  5. At the top right, search for the website's name.
  6. To the right of the site, click Remove .
  7. To confirm, click Clear.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Ye Alex is right, but try using browser or browser guise to test it. ALso just in case its not a faulty link, if you come across it again, message me what page you came from, just in case its a malformed link giving that error, browser caches these and can give the 400 error as its a client side issue

I always try and chase these things up 

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:
Delete specific cookies
  1. On your computer, open Chrome .
  2. At the top right, click More Settings .
  3. Click Privacy and security. Cookies and other site data.
  4. Click See all site data and permissions.
  5. At the top right, search for the website's name.
  6. To the right of the site, click Remove .
  7. To confirm, click Clear.

Thanks for this mate

• Like 1

Hmm, ok, so followed this advice to clear cookies & cache on Edge.  Still not working.  It does show two failed 'sites' though.  'favicon' as well as the main FOC site.  Maybe that's what's causing the issue?

How to Clear Cache for One Site Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari (minitool.com)

1176749381_focbadrequest.thumb.jpg.e22830cabeb3d3ac9542787ae014e5ed.jpg

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Hmm, ok, so followed this advice to clear cookies & cache on Edge.  Still not working.  It does show two failed 'sites' though.  'favicon' as well as the main FOC site.  Maybe that's what's causing the issue?

How to Clear Cache for One Site Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari (minitool.com)

1176749381_focbadrequest.thumb.jpg.e22830cabeb3d3ac9542787ae014e5ed.jpg

Favicon is fine. I will upload one just to clear that error. It may well be a DNS cache issue then.

Do you use desktop?? If so can you hotspot your phone and connect, then restart the browser and see if it loads??

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Steve said:

Favicon is fine. I will upload one just to clear that error. It may well be a DNS cache issue then.

Do you use desktop?? If so can you hotspot your phone and connect, then restart the browser and see if it loads??

Don't have access to a desktop I'm afraid.  

It's not just me with the issue though.  @unofix was the first to complain, he may have a desktop?

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It's not just me with the issue though.  @unofix was the first to complain,

Sorry Tom and @Steve I also don't have a desktop computer anymore. I know that DaveT70 had or still dose get the same error message.

• Like 1

I don't like mum's care home ringing up to tell me she's contracted covid! 

Not eating much but still drinking, seems to be just like a heavy cold just now. 

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, Turvey said:

I don't like mum's care home ringing up to tell me she's contracted covid! 

If she's like my mum, she'll have had her 2 x vaccine jabs, and 2 x boosters. I'm sure she'll be fine but I know it's worrying...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Well, as it happens, the laptop completely died this morning.  Set it to 'sleep' as usual, left it on charge, and when I came back at lunch time, nothing at all.  An hour later, battery removed and replaced, lots of 'blowing' vents, and finally put my full weight on the broken corner where the on/off button is...and finally it restarted!

Opened browser, FOC still stuck on 'bad request'. :laugh: 

Might be solved by clearing the cache or cookies, but I don't want to lose all the 'good' info for logins and shopping baskets etc.

Is the stop start working though ? 😄

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Wino said:

Is the stop start working though ? 😄

It is currently!  10 years old and takes so long to boot up I just use the stop/start (aka sleep mode!) between breakfast and lunch.  Quick tap of the throttle, err I mean touch pad, and it wakes up in seconds. :biggrin: 

On a more serious note, forum access is working fine this morning so far.  No 400 error yet...

• Like 1

I definitely don’t like the recurrence of the same ‘minor’ oil leak at the rocker cover . It resurfaced a few days ago 

3 separate strip downs ,the first one I paid em for(one of my local main dealers) and  the following have been replaced

Rocker cover bolts and gaskets

2 injector seals 

Cam position sensor 

Just how difficult can it be to sort this all too common niggly leak ?!? 
Last repair was September 2022 , I really thought they’d got it sorted … 

Coming home early from our hols today. My partner still not well. Getting her to our local drs tommorow. 

• Sad 6

Back to the cold UK. You know your a fat ***** when the aircraft seat belt only just fits. Diet time coming soon. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, iantt said:

You know your a fat ***** when the aircraft seat belt only just fits.

Don't feel so bad, it's the cold weather causes the belts to contract, but then again possibly not by 6 inches 🤣

This will help (very popular in America): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Airplane-Extender-Airline-Extension/dp/B07T22TMFG/ref=asc_df_B07T22TMFG/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=534929732553&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11430796667304887871&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006688&hvtargid=pla-1393655331110&psc=1

• Haha 1

I did wonder if it was due to the seat position? Didn't seem an issue on the flight out in exit rows by the wing. But returning and sitting at the front row did seem tighter. Could be due to the pilot was sat there also?🤣🤣🤣🤣. The front row up against the bulkhead did have the seat trays located in them so did wonder on the position of belt anchorage points may be further away. 

11 hours ago, iantt said:

I did wonder if it was due to the seat position? Didn't seem an issue on the flight out in exit rows by the wing. But returning and sitting at the front row did seem tighter. Could be due to the pilot was sat there also?🤣🤣🤣🤣. The front row up against the bulkhead did have the seat trays located in them so did wonder on the position of belt anchorage points may be further away. 

I wouldn't worry too much unless  the seat trays wouldn't fall into position in front of you 🤣

• Haha 2

Don't like realising I need an extra inch of space between 2 shelves on a full 'boltless' shelving unit.

I built the unit back in 2016 and can't remember how it went together.  It's the type with metal crossbars and wooden shelves. 

Anyone know if I can just move one shelf or if I'll have to empty it and remove the top shelves first? 

Inner clubs ... 

• Confused 1

On 1/20/2023 at 2:49 PM, TomsFocus said:

Don't like realising I need an extra inch of space between 2 shelves on a full 'boltless' shelving unit.

I built the unit back in 2016 and can't remember how it went together.  It's the type with metal crossbars and wooden shelves. 

Anyone know if I can just move one shelf or if I'll have to empty it and remove the top shelves first? 

To answer my own question...  The metal shelf supports come in 4 individual parts, not one solid rectangle as I thought.  So they can be removed and refitted without dismantling the whole thing.

However, bad news is that I came across a couple of old car batteries on the shelves.  Difficult to dispose of when I can no longer get out myself.  Anyone know how much they're worth in scrap now?  Been nearly a decade since I last scrapped any!

Got round to testing those batteries today...  One's holding 3.6v...the other 0.1v!!  Guess they're both scrap now then.  Really glad I kept them in storage for all this time. :laugh:

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Got round to testing those batteries today...  One's holding 3.6v...the other 0.1v!!  Guess they're both scrap now then.  Really glad I kept them in storage for all this time. :laugh:

Talking ov batteries, had to replace both Lithium batteries in the keyfobs today. Got the battery warning on the dash this morning with the Fob we normally use, so went to get the spare set that are kept in a Faraday pouch in the safe and found that Fob gave me the "restart car with key" so ended up replacing both batteries. Thankfully we wasn't in no hurry.

• Like 1

Yes, Batteries. I don't like having to be dishonest when sending one back via courier but that is what the supplier said to do. 9 Month old Yuasa, best I could buy, 5 year warranty and not cheap either, just died in the week. MG now out of action and in the way. Bother!

• Sad 1

Random question for today...anyone know what type of access cover this is?

166181978_Screenshot_20230203-1613252.thumb.png.7f4f04657c622d2d4069e1076380a359.png

Found a broken one earlier.  Thought I'd report it before someone trips on it in the dark. :rolleyes:  Turns out it's not that simple though, depends which service it's for, and I didn't check at the time.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club