Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

6 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

I know who he was, it would seem "i may be wrong" that she was under pressure to offer an olive branch as head of state to start a healing process. It's up to the individual how to react and social pressure and political expediency does NOT or should not be a factor.

It could be argued that he too was under pressure as the leader of many republicans to extend an olive branch, or not. Whatever the motivation, seeing two such prominent leaders shake hands changed the course of history...

5 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

not really they're still at it

I grew up in Belfast during the troubles in the 60s, and 70s, and 80s. Let me assure you, they are not, "still at it..." to the extent when 3500+ people lost their lives.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, williamweb said:

In a perfect world a handshake and agree to put it behind you both would be appropriate in my view. 

That point was surpassed in my view at the point when it had clearly been explained and proved that what I said to another associate was about the situation he was put in after her actions had created.

It was only then she begrudgingly acknowledged that but then still went on to claim I wasnt telling the truth, in other words lying and also said on two occasions that I was bullying her during the process by invading her work area and shouting at her  both of which I did not do and have a witness to prove otherwise. 

This is from someone who is trying to get into management side of things here too  god help us .

As I sit here on my break the person in question is sat 5 ft away in a soundproof booth to my left with headphones on staring into a laptop trying to negotiate the management infrastructure of the company 🙄

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I grew up in Belfast during the troubles in the 60s, and 70s, and 80s. Let me assure you, they are not, "still at it..." to the extent when 3500+ people lost their lives.

No not to the same extent, but like i said still at it. There will NEVER be full peace until both factions realise the futility of their actions, i expect hell to freeze over first.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

i expect hell to freeze over first.

mmmmm............

Global warming don't you know 🤣

• Haha 2

Just now, unofix said:

mmmmm............

Global warming don't you know 🤣

Well as I've commented before, but now cant find where I did. Hell did freeze over. Couple of weeks ago apparently.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

Well as I've commented before, but now cant find where I did. Hell did freeze over. Couple of weeks ago apparently.

I remember that post, I too can't find it LOL

• Haha 1

It was a BBC article when the us had the snow and ice. 

Think I need to be mayor for a day! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Problems with the FOC website ever since the last update a few weeks ago

@alexp999

Ever since the site had some sort of update a few weeks ago I have been getting errors at least once a day from the FOC server. Some of the text on the drop down search menus is also outside of the text box.

I know of at least one other member who is also having the same problem.

Any ideas of what's wrong and when it will be fixed ?

Thanks.

Bad Request.JPG

• Sad 2

Not sure if I'm being thick here.  Received a picture in the mail today.  There's some sort of hanging bracket supplied with it, but I just can't fathom how it's meant to work.  I assume that big ugly square doesn't sit above the frame.  But if it sits below the top crossbar, I can't see how anything would go in the square hole from the wall side either.  Surely this isn't rocket science!? :laugh:

image.thumb.png.85b362d59b760078fed5e92ef8777753.png

30 minutes ago, unofix said:

@alexp999

Ever since the site had some sort of update a few weeks ago I have been getting errors at least once a day from the FOC server. Some of the text on the drop down search menus is also outside of the text box.

Thanks.

Bad Request.JPG

I got that for the first time today also. 

I restarted my Computer and that did not fix it, also my there was something using up Its resources at a high rate.

I switched off completely for a few minutes and when I switched on there was a Windows update pending. I installed it and have had no problems so far.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah, that's it, thanks Stephen.

Looks like I'll need this setup for my picture.  Feels really counter intuitive!

If it's a really basic wooden frame, you can buy an 'old fashioned;' picture hanging kit from most discount stores which will have multiple closed cup hook type fixings along with picture wire. I think PoundLand do them for a £1 LOL

• Like 2

19 hours ago, unofix said:

@alexp999

Thanks.

Bad Request.JPG

I've not seen anything like this and the layout errors were sorted for me when the admins cleared the server side cache.

Might be worth trying to clear your browsers cache for this website.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 4:09 PM, unofix said:

@alexp999

Thanks.

Bad Request.JPG

I've just had this error and can't get back into the forum using any of the usual web addresses.  Opened an 'inPrivate' tab and it works fine there...  :unsure: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I've just had this error and can't get back into the forum using any of the usual web addresses.  Opened an 'inPrivate' tab and it works fine there...  :unsure: 

mmm... now, have you tried to clear your browsers cache, and turned your device off/on?? Sorry - was pretending I was an IT guy LOL :laughing:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

mmm... now, have you tried to clear your browsers cache, and turned your device off/on?? Sorry - was pretending I was an IT guy LOL :laughing:

i’ve swapped over my default browser when somethings don’t work. But hey, i also know nothing 😁

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Might be worth trying to clear your browsers cache for this website.

Well the layout errors have now gone 👍 but sadly not the main problem of "Bad Request". It is only happening on the FOC site so it has to be something to do with the server.

41 minutes ago, unofix said:

Well the layout errors have now gone 👍 but sadly not the main problem of "Bad Request". It is only happening on the FOC site so it has to be something to do with the server.

@Ford Owners' Club @Steve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Well, as it happens, the laptop completely died this morning.  Set it to 'sleep' as usual, left it on charge, and when I came back at lunch time, nothing at all.  An hour later, battery removed and replaced, lots of 'blowing' vents, and finally put my full weight on the broken corner where the on/off button is...and finally it restarted!

Opened browser, FOC still stuck on 'bad request'. :laugh: 

Might be solved by clearing the cache or cookies, but I don't want to lose all the 'good' info for logins and shopping baskets etc.

• Like 1

@TomsFocus You may need to clear your cache and cookies as it may be corrupted, If you try incognito or guest or a new browser guise it should work because you are working from a fresh cache. It could also be a corrupted DNS cache too.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club