Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

7 hours ago, iantt said:

Electricians had done some major work last night/ early am . Then at 9.30. puffs of smoke from nearly every electrical item and popping of large screen monitors going off. Even major equipment smoking 

Seen this happen before. Normally you find this happens when domestic electricians do work on 3 phase industrial systems. I bet they have wired the neutral to one phase and the line to one of the others. 😧

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, unofix said:

Seen this happen before. Normally you find this happens when domestic electricians do work on 3 phase industrial systems. I bet they have wired the neutral to one phase and the line to one of the others. 😧

No idea, I heard rumours of a loose neutral . It was all working ok from 7am to around 9-9.30am

This was one of 7 ramps smoking. 

Screenshot_20221216-203317.png

• Sad 3

presume its a no smoking enviroment, i had to 😁

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, iantt said:

Anyone know where I can book flights? 

maybe contact all these new member possibly mates of that infamous nigerian general. Personally id lock the site down while booting.

1 minute ago, Jimpster said:

maybe contact all these new member possibly mates of that infamous nigerian general

If you're very good lads, I'll treat you all to 1st class flights! That nice Nigerian bloke said I had won £50 Million and all I had to do to claim it was to PayPal him £5000 - bargain!

• Haha 2

That's my kind of airline, or is it Ryanair under another name? 

Screenshot_20221217-171417.png

16 minutes ago, iantt said:

That's my kind of airline, or is it Ryanair under another name? 

Screenshot_20221217-171417.png

Not for me especially if the Captain is called Jimmy 😲

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, iantt said:

Well, there's plenty of airlines to choose from 

But not our 'local' airline Loganair! ☹️

I think I'll wait until that link crops up and I'll grab a bargain 😉 😀

FYI on our trips abroad, the flights between Orkney and the central belt are FAR more expensive than the flights out to Spain etc 🤷

16 minutes ago, Turvey said:

But not our 'local' airline Loganair! ☹️

I think I'll wait until that link crops up and I'll grab a bargain 😉 😀

In the 90s, I use to fly Loganair monthly from Belfast to Glasgow, when they ran a fleet of Shots Skyvans. The co-pilot use to come out of the cockpit to offer round a large flask of coffee! It also remains the most terrifying flight I ever had in my life one Christmas eve when on coming back home, there was the most horrific storm, where the plane bobbed around like a cork on a hurricane swamped sea. There was absolute silence from all on board, apart from mutterings underbreath of praying - aahhh, happy days...

• Haha 1

@StephenFord at least you got coffee!!! 

Growing up in one of the outer islands I often flew in one of these! 8 seater if I remember, couldn't hear yourself think, the pilot loaded the luggage! If you were lucky you got to ride 'shotgun' and the pilot would sometimes let you 'steer' the plane! Changed days! 

When I lived in Aberdeen, flying home you would get complimentary drinks, on bigger planes obviously,  ie whisky, lager etc now you only get tea or coffee ☹️

0105139.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Growing up in one of the outer islands I often flew in one of these! 8 seater if I remember, couldn't hear yourself think...

When at school in the late 70s I did my 'work experience' at Short & Harlands in Belfast, who built the Skyvan. There was a Loganair plane flying about that had a while row of rivets in the wing (about 10) that I was allowed to put in, under strict supervision - Health & safety wasn't so big in those days LOL 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

H&S is overrated in my opinion! 😀

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

H&S is overrated in my opinion! 😀

takes ALL the fun out of things

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2022 at 10:05 AM, TomsFocus said:

Not sure the type I'm after are cheap any more.  Want a tower style with switch on top, at least 8 sockets & 2 USB. Looks like they're £40-£50 now. 😮 

Masterplug 8 Socket 2m Switched Tower Surge Extension Lead + USB (2 port 3.1a) - Gloss Black | Robert Dyas

Spent an hour or so trawling Robert Dyas for other items to make up the free postage, but everything on there seems to be quite a bit more expensive than other online stores.  

So looking for alternatives now.  Any suggestions?

Found this Belkin at half the price but it's not a tower like I was after for easier switch access.  Also got the same issue of no free postage.

Buy BELKIN BSV804af2M Surge Protected 8-Socket Extension Lead with USB - 2 m | Currys

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Spent an hour or so trawling Robert Dyas for other items to make up the free postage, but everything on there seems to be quite a bit more expensive than other online stores.  

So looking for alternatives now.  Any suggestions?

Found this Belkin at half the price but it's not a tower like I was after for easier switch access.  Also got the same issue of no free postage.

Buy BELKIN BSV804af2M Surge Protected 8-Socket Extension Lead with USB - 2 m | Currys

We shift a lot of Tessen and Tower products of similar ilk.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wino said:

We shift a lot of Tessen and Tower products of similar ilk.

Having never heard of Tessan before you mentioned it, I think I'm going to go for this one...  Switch and USB's in easy reach on top.  Many positive reviews.  £20 on eBay or amazon.

Surge Protector Power Strip Tower 2M Extension Cord With 8 Outlets 3 USB Ports (tessan.com)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Don't like I've just caught my partner's and her daughter's bugs. Cold, sore throat etc. Doesn't feel like COVID like I've had before. 

Only just got back to work last Wednesday after having a few days off with a dodgy heart rhythm . I always feel so guilty when when I ring in sick, as if faking it. 

Others at work regularly are off work allegedly sick when you know they've only run out of annual leave and need some extra days off. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Don't like I've just caught my partner's and her daughter's bugs. Cold, sore throat etc. Doesn't feel like COVID like I've had before. 

Coincidentally we've had some sort of pretty bad lurg over Xmas. Not really sure what it was either - tested for Covid just in case but negative. I had a really bad sore throat - could barely swallow for 3 or 4 days which I believe can be a symptom of Strep A. 

Seem to be picking up now though!

• Like 1

Don't like getting another parking letter fine where they are trying to threaten me that they will be getting the debt collector involved. 

Got the letter last month which stated I parked in the hospital staff car park (which I've been doing for 6 years). I had a problem with my contract ending near the end of November which I think might be related to that. One of the guys in the head office of the department told me he can deal with it which I thought was sorted till I got this other letter.

Went to work today on my day off and sadly that guy is on holiday and the other person his automated email refered to she doesn't deal with that.

I don't know if I should just pay the fine, or challenge it mentioning all this that was going on and that I thought it would be resolved and see when I can see that guy again about sorting it out. 

The V5 is in my sister's name with her address so don't want any debt collectors going there 😬

Our town in the news for a change. Bit of a gas leak and explosion not far from me. I didn't hear it though. 

Screenshot_20221228-165746.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iantt said:

Our town in the news for a change. Bit of a gas leak and explosion not far from me. I didn't hear it though. 

Screenshot_20221228-165746.png

That’s the worst damage i’ve seen from a gas explosion.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club