Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Focus 1.6 Tdci Stuttering When Cruising

bigshorty

Hi All

Noticed a bit of an issue lately with my Focus, and wondering if anyone has any ideas what could be going on.

The car has done 106000 miles to date and all has been well up until the last few weeks. As I am driving along I've noticed a slight stutter / judder at steady speeds. The car starts fine, idles well, accelerates and decelerates without any problems, it only happens when the car is at steady speeds. Recently had oil and filter change, air filter change, cambelt done 20000 miles ago, doesn't overheat (although under the bonnet does seem quite hot after a longish run, even though the temp gauge always reads half way), and no error codes are coming up, so I'm wondering what could be causing the issue.

If anyone has any advice or info on why this is happening and what to look out for, I would be grateful to hear from you.

Many thanks in advance.

When was the fuel filter last changed ?

From my knowledge, and going through the paperwork, never! I was sort of thinking it was a fuel delivery problem somewhere.

• Like 1

Not a surprise . . I'd change the fuel filter asap

• Like 1

first change spark plugs , but its probably an ignition coil on the way out . just realized diesel , oops sorry

• Like 1

Spark plugs on a derv ????????

• Like 1

go to kwik fit, I am sure they will convince you sparks exist on a diesel :lol:

• Like 3

And convince you need nitrogen (or fresh air)in your tyres at extra cost
  • Like 4

I wonder if QuickQuid and KwickFit are the same owner 😀

• Like 2

haha, they will try anything!

• Like 1

Cheers for all the info Lenny. Informative stuff and some useful guides to go with. I have already done the fuel treatment, however used Archoil (think that's what it was), not the Xado stuff. Plenty of good reviews on the Archoil, and did notice an improvement in performance. Would you recommend Xado ahead of all other brands out there?

Definitely, give the total flush a go, as for blanking the egr valve, I'll let my mechanic mate loose on that one, as well as the fuel filter. He doesn't work at Kwik Fit!!!

• Like 2

Archoil & Xado are the best products on the market i.m.o. & from personal experience

• Like 1

Hi Lenny, I have fitted a blanking plate on egr but has the hole in it, I know the benefits of having a full blank but will it cause any damage to the egr? I've just had a new one fitted and don't fancy replacing it anytime soon.

Where does the gases go if it's blanked off?

• Like 2

Wow, didn't expect all that info. Nice one. I'll order a full blank and read guide lol.

One question, do you happen to know where I can get info from regarding the vacuum on the anti shudder valve? I have no vacuum that closes the valve. Replaced the solenoid but still nothing. I need pipe work info as I have two pipes that aren't connected any where and unsure where they go

• Like 1

No problem,

I did see a thread similar to this vacuum problem before on a focus hatch,

I'll find it tomorrow and insert link,

includes pictures as far as I remember

the guy had turbo failure and was left with some pipes and couldn't see where they went.

I'm up at 5am for work so I'll find and link it tomorrow may help

That might have been me lol, I had no turbo but that's fixed. Had faulty fuel pressure switch. Just have no vacuum on the same shudder valve.

• Like 1

More great info, cheers Lenny.

Just one question, when do you think would be best to put the egr blanking plate on? Before or after doing the Xado oil treatment, or does it make no difference when its put on? Got a blanking plate on order, its definitely sounds like something worth doing for such a minimal cost.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club