Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Focus overheating etc.

Celticfan

Hi Mike, apologies for the delay in replying.

My nearest dealership couldn't even look at the car for another two weeks. It's booked in at another one further away tomorrow although I had it transported there on Friday.

Waiting now.

1 hour ago, Celticfan said:

Hi Mike, apologies for the delay in replying.

My nearest dealership couldn't even look at the car for another two weeks. It's booked in at another one further away tomorrow although I had it transported there on Friday.

Waiting now.

Hope it all goes well for ya keep us updated

Was there not an EU bill passed a few years ago, that as long as routine servicing to manufacturer standards is done. Warranties are still considered valid. 

The DVLA holds all car info and Recalls should be emailed out, so if you push on this Ford should come good, with luck. 

Engine ceased due to de gas  hose failing 

and ford won't help as I replaced the pipe 

Edited by Harrow
Spelling

Here's the full break down 

Hose had split while out shopping with family managed to get it the garage I bought it from (2nd hand ) theyreplaced the damaged hose with a genuine ford part, coming home from work lost all power, pulled over expansion tank empty topped up with water drove 3 mile big cloud of steam engine gave up. 

Car is now with ford who have confirmed engine has ceased spoke with ford crc who have said because I have changed the hose they are not willing to help and expecting me to pay out 4000 pound , I'm going to bring taking them to court and get the press involved. They have built this engine with parts that are not up to the job . 

Good luck Harrow. Is it possible, like me, that the damage was caused very quickly and that you replacing the hose was a waste?

Proper feel for ya mate. Try speaking to someone at ford head office they might offer a good will gesture

22 hours ago, Harrow said:

Here's the full break down 

Hose had split while out shopping with family managed to get it the garage I bought it from (2nd hand ) theyreplaced the damaged hose with a genuine ford part, coming home from work lost all power, pulled over expansion tank empty topped up with water drove 3 mile big cloud of steam engine gave up. 

Car is now with ford who have confirmed engine has ceased spoke with ford crc who have said because I have changed the hose they are not willing to help and expecting me to pay out 4000 pound , I'm going to bring taking them to court and get the press involved. They have built this engine with parts that are not up to the job . 

i hope you nail them in court , ford are just another big corporation trying to shirk their responsibilities at the expense of their own customers , disgusting to be honest...

good luck with your legal action..

6 hours ago, mikeyd1 said:

Try speaking to someone at ford head office they might offer a good will gesture

i wouldnt waste 10 pence on that , whereas a court summons will get their attention much more effectively.

• Like 1

Well, well. Just spoke to the service department and........

they are waiting for a new engine to be delivered!! No quibbles, questions.

Happy days :tongue:

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Celticfan said:

See some dealers aint to bad. Poper happy for ya, its nice to hear you have had a great outcome👍👍👍

thats good to hear, thought ford would cough up for a new engine.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Celticfan said:

That's great news!  Sometimes things just go your way, and it is such a relief when they do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update time....I have my car back all fixed.:biggrin:

(With a new degas hose as well)

• Like 3

Hi Mike. Certainly will. Need to run it in for 500 miles. One thing I didn't ask about was servicing. It's due it's third annual service and MOT end of November. Does it get serviced as a new car/engine or standard third service?

standard 3rd service, they may well have just swapped the spark plugs over and they will need changing, air filter also.

Ford Customer Services called me today. They are sending £100 of Ford vouchers for the inconvenience! 

Deflectors here I come 😄

Ford sell Climairs I think. Any good?

• Like 3

Hello Bill

Im so glad that ford fixed this issue for you.

:-)

Jamie

• 1 month later...

Grrrrrrr!!!!!!

Ran engine in slowly, serviced and MOT done.

Coming home tonight, just as I approached house, engine symbol flashed up on dash and car seemed to want to cut out. 

Now runs, no symbol but idle doesn't feel as smooth as normal and petrol smell.

Call to dealership in the morning.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Celticfan said:

Grrrrrrr!!!!!!

Ran engine in slowly, serviced and MOT done.

Coming home tonight, just as I approached house, engine symbol flashed up on dash and car seemed to want to cut out. 

Now runs, no symbol but idle doesn't feel as smooth as normal and petrol smell.

Call to dealership in the morning.

Hope it's ok. Keep us updated

upstream hego sensor or turbo recirc valve split im guessing.

Morning Ian, I'll be sure to update

Bit slow to update.

Took the car back to dealership who recently replaced the engine. It appears one of the injector seals was warped. They looked at it while I waited. 

Car all good again. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club