Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Impressions

Jim610

Hello

is it because there is a sun roof in it mine has not got a sharks fin and no sun roof either

Paul

Did you sort your satnav waypoints problem out @NeilRS ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not really. I've saved work and home- but when I click work or home as a destination. It says 'do you want to set home from favourites ', so I then go to favourites and set my destination from there. Doesn't seem to be a quick home option 

I finally managed to set both home and work but I seem to remember a lot of Googling and pratting about. Now just press voice button and say "Destination Home/Work" and it takes me there  Still holding onto the standalone tomtom for now, it has never let me down!

When you set the destination in favourites do you save it? If you save the destination you can then add a voice tag and use the voice command like @Jim610 does

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/sync-3/navigation/how-to-set-home-and-favorite-addresses-in-sync-3-navigation.html

I initially set home/work by using a typed address to some where near and once it was saved I selected it in the Favourites list, selected edit, selected move then used the map to drag it some where more appropriate.  I then re-saved it and it seems to have stuck.  I haven't set any voice tags.  It just recognises the command.  

Entering an address by just speaking it, at the appropriate time ("Destination"/"Address"/"(spoken address)" works quite well which did surprise me.  If you don't follow the voice menu system when searching it seems to get confused but if you follow the "menu" it works pretty well.  The Call/"name" works really well too.

My previous Ford with voice input was listening for Mandrin or something other than what I speak.  This Sync 3 seems much better at the voice recognition. 

• Like 1

My sync 2 in the mondeo is normally pretty good with the voice commands. I haven't tried much with the sat nav but the media, climate and phone work well

Did anyone else find no wheel brace included when they picked the car up?  Unless there is a hidey hole I haven't found yet it is no where to be seen.

Hadn't noticed but thinking about it you're right- haven't had the spare out yet so maybe under there. Took me 10 minutes to find the towing electrics last night! 

I had the spare out, out of curiosity, jack is there but no brace.  

That was just after playing the Krypton Factor with the tow hitch for a bit.

The jack handle is multi purpose and also the brace. Just checked 

Neil

Spot on.  When I looked on it saw the jack but i didn't expect the brace to be disguised to look like the jack!  Problem solved, thanks.

Finally picked mine up. Will post a mini review when I get back to Germany along with before and after remap impressions. Not sure what's going on with the main cluster on mine as I thought you got a single big dial in the middle now and 2 screens either side. Mines not like that at all. Is this the old style dials? 

20170311_061238.jpg

The Americans do, We Europeans get what you have there.

Oh right that's good to hear. 

My car has Sync 2, the same as my old Kuga TItanium X. On the Kuga I could show my speed digitally but can't seem to work out how to do it on my Edge (like in Brad8988's) pic. Am I missing something?

Think it's on the steering wheel arrow controls- can't remember if it's left or right- key down to speed.

4 hours ago, xn85 said:

My car has Sync 2, the same as my old Kuga TItanium X. On the Kuga I could show my speed digitally but can't seem to work out how to do it on my Edge (like in Brad8988's) pic. Am I missing something?

Right controls on the steering wheel mate. Can choose between entertainment, phone, nav or speed. 

My Sport has a sharkfin, but I also have the Pano/Moon roof too. I notice that @xn85 has a sport, but no pano roof (black roof bars) and no sharkfin visible. So it may be dependant on roof type.

Antenna housed in a roof bar perhaps??? Anyone got access to service data/diagrams in etis?

18 hours ago, Brad8988 said:

Right controls on the steering wheel mate. Can choose between entertainment, phone, nav or speed. 

Just been out and checked - only has entertainment, nav and phone. 

My previous Kuga TX had sync 2 and had the speed option and a much less synthesised voice than the Edge. It's worse than the voice on my wife's Ecosport... 

My Edge with sync 3 can definatelty choose between entertainment, phone, nav or speed using right hand menu keys on steering wheel.

Sync 3, sport ... mine has the speed option.

20170313_204400.jpg

It must be something missing from Sync 2 then, as mine doesn't have it. Hey ho...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club