Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Flame 1.4 Build Log (Was Fiesta Mk6 5 Door Custom Sub)

GingerFlame

:lol: intact lol good one,

Polyurethane bushes don't age like rubber ones, frost doesn't crack them and they have less flex.

Honestly Lenny, if you saw the state of the bushes atm you'd refuse to get in the car! Haha

As the bushes wear out I'm going to slowly convert all of them to Powerflex! Should help by the time I sell.. Although I'll probably have another engine fitted (cough* ST 2.0 cough*) by then ;)

• Like 2

Honestly Lenny, if you saw the state of the bushes atm you'd refuse to get in the car! Haha

As the bushes wear out I'm going to slowly convert all of them to Powerflex! Should help by the time I sell.. Although I'll probably have another engine fitted (cough* ST 2.0 cough*) by then ;)

Put a Toyota 4AGE blacktop engine in it mate,

Cheaper on tax tuned by Yamaha and cheaper on tax 170bhp 9,000rpm red line

• Like 1

Kieran, you seriously thinking of getting the 2.0 ST engine in it? Now that would be sweet! Leave it outside stock, total sleeper look :)

• Like 1

Kieran, you seriously thinking of getting the 2.0 ST engine in it? Now that would be sweet! Leave it outside stock, total sleeper look :)

That was my idea for when the engine eventually gives in yeah, but after reading up on the engine Lenny suggested... I'm not sure! I'll see if it ever comes to it ;)

• Like 2

Went for a particularly musical drive tonight.. Got to the point that we thrashed the living day lights out of the sound system and then turned it back down to normal listening levels.

At this point I didn't notice anything wrong. The lows were Low, the highs were high.. And the mids were their same old selves.

Then I went home for abit, and back out on the road. Then I noticed that the bass was none existent (the crossover for the Focal's is 100hz). Checked the amp for the sub and sure enough it had gone into protection mode. I unplugged everything from it, checked all the connections and plugged things back in. No change.

So my amp's currently in protection mode :(

I did notice that the signal wire is frankly Cr4p quality wire, and also; the windscreen wipers blew two fuses in the space of 10 minutes causing my front wipers to stop infront of my line of sight and the rear wiper to go off in a mind of it's own :(

Tomorrow I'll test all the voltages and connections and probably replace the 5h1t wire then report back. Need to check the ground for the amp too.. Possible relocate it. I'm gojng to be gutted if it's gone into protection mode due to a voltage drop.. As I removed my capacitor from the car altogether yesterday!

So for the night, the amp is disconnected entirely and we'll see what tomorrow brings :(

• Like 1

Problem solved.. One of the crimped ends had come a little loose on the battery. Re crimped and job done. Must've been touching enough to switch the unit on but not allowing enough current to pass through to actually let the amp work it's magic

• Like 2

Wow crisis averted! You must have been giving the system a proper workout if you blew em fuses! Noice!

How did the sound quality hold up? Did you get the sound deadening done yet btw? I reckon with those Speakers and the sub now, it's a very rounded system and doesn't over exaggerate the bass or highs. The Focals are renowned for their flat frequency response curve and tweeters :)

Problem solved.. One of the crimped ends had come a little loose on the battery. Re crimped and job done. Must've been touching enough to switch the unit on but not allowing enough current to pass through to actually let the amp work it's magic

Id like to take this oppertunity to point out that the vibe 4AWG amp wiring kits come provided with an 80A fuse fitted inside the fuse block however the manual on the JL Audio Mono Amplifier states that a 40amp fuse should be fitted,

Ive chosen to go for a 30A and 40A Circut breaker instead of the inline fuses but i highly recommend fitting fuses that comply with the amplifiers spec to prevent potential damage or worst case fire because too high of fuse i_ the same as no fuse atall.

• Like 1

Id like to take this oppertunity to point out that the vibe 4AWG amp wiring kits come provided with an 80A fuse fitted inside the fuse block however the manual on the JL Audio Mono Amplifier states that a 40amp fuse should be fitted,

Ive chosen to go for a 30A and 40A Circut breaker instead of the inline fuses but i highly recommend fitting fuses that comply with the amplifiers spec to prevent potential damage or worst case fire because too high of fuse i_ the same as no fuse atall.

Think I'm going to order those circuit breakers you linked mate!

I'll reply to your pm's tomorrow! Having problems with the IOS app.. As soon as I press "inbox" it crashes!! I haven't been on the PC in a few days! Sorry!

The parcel arrived Monday! Thanks a lot!! :)

• Like 1

Think I'm going to order those circuit breakers you linked mate!

I'll reply to your pm's tomorrow! Having problems with the IOS app.. As soon as I press "inbox" it crashes!! I haven't been on the PC in a few days! Sorry!

The parcel arrived Monday! Thanks a lot!! :)

I personally recommend the circuit breakers mate,

Android is pretty good aswell if you ever want a descent phone :lol: down with isheep

Dont bother responding you got the package.... Thats all i wanted to know :lol:

Only joking mate hear from ya soon. :)

• Like 1

I personally recommend the circuit breakers mate,

Android is pretty good aswell if you ever want a descent phone :lol: down with isheep

Dont bother responding you got the package.... Thats all i wanted to know :lol:

Only joking mate hear from ya soon. :)

Girlfriend dropped my phone today and screen's shattered and it's £50 to buy out my contract now...

So, android here I come! Is ther a FOC app for android? If so, does it actually work?

• Like 2

Also, my rear arches are catching the tyres & I'm determined to keep the axle spacers fitted.. So out comes the hammer... And the arches ;)

• Like 2

Girlfriend dropped my phone today and screen's shattered and it's £50 to buy out my contract now...

So, android here I come! Is ther a FOC app for android? If so, does it actually work?

There is but in my opinion its designed by vauxhall lol i dont use it atall,

My phone cost me 30 euro 3" android based alkatel pay as you go with vodafone,

Ive been using it for all internet access since december 2013 and still going strong today,

Done guides and everything on here with it since 2013 and it only cost me 30 euro :)

Also, my rear arches are catching the tyres & I'm determined to keep the axle spacers fitted.. So out comes the hammer... And the arches ;)

Pick up an arch roller on eBay,

Bolt on to the hub instead of the wheel and rolls out the arch mate,

• Like 2

There is but in my opinion its designed by vauxhall lol i dont use it atall,

My phone cost me 30 euro 3" android based alkatel pay as you go with vodafone,

Ive been using it for all internet access since december 2013 and still going strong today,

Done guides and everything on here with it since 2013 and it only cost me 30 euro :)

Pick up an arch roller on ebay,

Bolt on to the hub instead of the wheel and rolls out the arch mate,

That's a good price! But I need a phone with a bit of umph behind it.. Hence whhy I'm sick of iPhones ;) ahah!

Need to start reading some reviews!! Definitely don't want a Samsung though.. Horrible things

B

Would this do it? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=370992236201

That's a good price! But I need a phone with a bit of umph behind it.. Hence whhy I'm sick of iPhones ;) ahah!

Need to start reading some reviews!! Definitely don't want a samsung though.. Horrible things

B

Would this do it? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=370992236201

Yep thats the job mate,

Auction one here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291384782200

MighyyCarMods also done a video on arch rolling:

• Like 1

It'll be the first purchase on Payday I think... Well, after I've paid off my contract that is. I've had this phone 2 years almost and dropped it screen first from 12-13 feet and never broke it. Girlfriend gets it, drops it without me noticing and the screen falls off & unplugs all the ribbon cables! Yay! Fun fun fun trying to plug them all back in... Again

• Like 2

Somebody's just mentioned that the arches are rolled from the factory?

If so, does that mean I can't abuse them with that tool?

• Like 1

Somebody's just mentioned that the arches are rolled from the factory?

If so, does that mean I can't abuse them with that tool?

That statement is true if you watch "how its made" you will see the whole car is rolled out of metal by the factory :lol:

Theres nothing to stop them being rolled out further which creates a bigger arch.

• Like 1

That statement is true if you watch "how its made" you will see the whole car is rolled out of metal by the factory :lol:

Theres nothing to stop them being rolled out further which creates a bigger arch.

Haha! Been doing some reading and it be better off getting my arches flared instead

• Like 2

Haha! Been doing some reading and it be better off getting my arches flared instead

how big of flares we talking like a Lemans car with 8" extended door sills or like a Mini cooperS short flare ;)

Hmmm.... I'd say an inch, inch & a half? Pushing it at two but if I did that I would force myself to slam it!

As for the phone situation.. HTC One M8 Coming tomorrow :D

• Like 2

Hmmm.... I'd say an inch, inch & a half? Pushing it at two but if I did that I would force myself to slam it!

As for the phone situation.. HTC One M8 Coming tomorrow :D

Experement with some cardboard and a stanley blade mate,

Then yes deffo gotta slam it on some 15" green rotas

• Like 2

Experement with some cardboard and a stanley blade mate,

Then yes deffo gotta slam it on some 15" green rotas

After my last run in with Stanley.. I think I'll stick to Classroom scissors ;) haha

But I like my wheels :(... Although; they could do with a refurb & I was considering hydrodipping.. But I suppose I could always be green?

• Like 2

+1 for getting the HTC One M8. I was away for a few days and just caught up with the latest. Even before I could suggest the M8, you had already ordered it. You will be getting Android Lollipop upgrade as well and the phone should last you a while. It's a very good phone and if I didn't have my M7, I would have gotten one. Let me know what you think of it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club