Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

7 hours ago, Ianb said:

Perhaps someone can inform me, or maybe tell me to go inform myself... But is anyone else tired of hearing about Hillsborough Hillsborough Hillsborough?

Please don't think I don't care about the victims nor victims families - and perhaps not being a Liverpudlian, nor a football fan, nor aware of the worlds goings on back then, I perhaps have missed the point altogether.

Does anyone know any victims or victims families etc? Is this like the whole MH370 missing plane thing to them?

From where I stand in my ill informed position, seems to be the police let too many people into the stadium, then those too many people - (trying not to be unkind here), were just ill behaved and pushed to get in.....

Everyone seems to be pointing fingers at the police, but like the London underground, or indeed any other tube station (I've been in a few round the world) - if s**t is full... it's full... pushing won't help...

I don't know, you'd be right if you stated I wouldn't dare say that to the families.... I'm not one for trying to add to folks pain.. and I am more caring than this post probably lets on... it's just this whole court case side of things - who really won? Is everyone happy?

I thought I was the only one who felt like that!

It's one of those subjects that is difficult to discuss without sounding like a knob... To me, to pin the entire thing on a person or police is somewhat wrong...

For instance there was that crash last year where a car left the road in Scotland, driver died, women was in the car for several days, eventually she died...

It's tragic and there were police failings - or call handler failings... however no one seemed to want to question the cause of the accident in the first place... Yes police (I use that as a general term to incorporate call centre etc) didn't hold up their end of the deal, however had the driver not crashed in the first place nothing would have happened... A bit of a combination if you ask me...

Hillsborough, ok, maybe police let too many in...but fans surely have a duty to not behave like animals, they appear to have done very little to help the situation... I dunno, as I said, I probably don't know enough about it to really be allowed to have an opinion, but I just get concerned about the money spent on finding a guy to blame for what appears to be a culmination of events leading to a tragic accident....

• Like 1

I think you have hit the nail on the head there Ian. It seem there are never any genuine accidents (how ever tragic) now, there always has to be someone to blame. It's a culture that seem to be increasing in popularity. I do think those who cover information up, or try to hinder families when they want to find out what went wrong should have to answer to them however. 

I don't know enough about Hillsborough to comment on that, but I have attended many football games and events where crowd managment has been directly influenced by what happened there. So there have been many lessons learned from a terrible accident.

41 minutes ago, Ianb said:

It's one of those subjects that is difficult to discuss without sounding like a knob... To me, to pin the entire thing on a person or police is somewhat wrong...

For instance there was that crash last year where a car left the road in Scotland, driver died, women was in the car for several days, eventually she died...

It's tragic and there were police failings - or call handler failings... however no one seemed to want to question the cause of the accident in the first place... Yes police (I use that as a general term to incorporate call centre etc) didn't hold up their end of the deal, however had the driver not crashed in the first place nothing would have happened... A bit of a combination if you ask me...

Hillsborough, ok, maybe police let too many in...but fans surely have a duty to not behave like animals, they appear to have done very little to help the situation... I dunno, as I said, I probably don't know enough about it to really be allowed to have an opinion, but I just get concerned about the money spent on finding a guy to blame for what appears to be a culmination of events leading to a tragic accident....

I absolutely agree.  In that instance, yes the police should have attended immediately after receiving the call, but the driver also shouldn't have been driving like a back-side and crashed in the first place.

• Like 1

I don't like not being able to make it up the stairs without my legs almost giving way!  Not even sure what has caused it - but if it carries on I'll be needing a stair lift.

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like not being able to make it up the stairs without my legs almost giving way!  Not even sure what has caused it - but if it carries on I'll be needing a stair lift.

Just get one anyway, no going back once you've ridden one lol.  Nan on my dads side has one, went on it ages ago it was AWESOME.  Stairs aren't the same anymore, not even going down them on my backside racing the kids is the same anymore

I don't like public toilets where you have to pay, I'm not experiencing the inconvenience of this 'convenience' however whilst nipping into a free one it did cross my mind that if I was busting for a s**t the last thing I'd appreciate is having to fumble through my wallet to find out I didn't have the necessary 58 and 4 9ths of a penny in order to proceed. I think I'd probably drop trou right there and face the courts......

• Like 1

I don't like the thought of driving through to Inverness tomorrow.  Not the actual driving, but going to that damn place for the third time this week.  I'm not a fan of the Highlands - prefer my native Moray/Aberdeenshire!! 

I don't like the thought of driving through to Inverness tomorrow.  Not the actual driving, but going to that damn place for the third time this week.  I'm not a fan of the Highlands - prefer my native Moray/Aberdeenshire!! 

Ye shanks aren't hairy enoof fir the heylands?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ianb said:

Ye shanks aren't hairy enoof fir the heylands?

Ha!  More like my patience isn't long enough.

As soon as you pass Forres (25 miles east of Inverness) everybody suddenly forgets that the speed limit is 60MPH and decides that 50MPH is a much better speed...  Do these people really have nothing better to do than sit with their thumbs up their :censored: doing 50 on a main road in clear and dry conditions? 

Being a passenger makes it just about bearable as you can distract yourself, but when driving it is impossible not to feel your sanity slowly slipping away as you stare at the Vauxhall Zafira in front with a blown brake lamp and "baby on board" sign in the rear window :yucky:

Being beaten to a pulp by a bunch of 10 year olds!!

Little ratbags!!

I'm never doing a Junior Sea Cadet camp again!!

By nads are still hurting now after the ELFs decided to throw in some tennis balls...literally...

• Like 2

Wuss 😂

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

I don't like the 'twerp' in a fully loaded Galaxy sitting in the overtaking lane at 60-65 WITH A CLEAR LEFT HAND LANE for miles and miles who then swears and gestures at the people who run out of patience and undertake him!  I knew he was gonna be 'one of them' the minute I followed him off the roundabout next to a lorry who obviously pulled off much slower, but he didn't move over when he was clear of the lorry, he then didnt use the left hand lane at all in the 8 miles I followed him, and it seems he carried on the same after my junction as well.  Fortunately I was being followed by my mate and his missus so managed to contain my rage with them being there (I've been good lately but he really tried my patience today!).

If you're on here, move the hell over and stop swearing at people for your fail, when people have to keep undertaking, maybe you're in the wrong ffs! :dry:

I also don't like that the gears in the '6 are getting really stiff and crunchy when warm, but fine when cold - I've been told changing the oil may help but I've always changed oil previously for difficulty changing gears when cold, getting worse when hot has really confused me! :wacko:

Dragging clutch or perished bushes on the gear cable linkage.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Man flu.  I've been struck by it.  3am start is going to be difficult.  And this is a sort of like but don't like at the same time, I don't like my hours have been nearly halved(45 this week going off the rota & I've just done about 50 this week.  Yes I like that I've had more time at home but I won't like seeing my bank balance tomorrow/Tuesday

That is where I'd be inclined to gesture he pulls over for a chat re left and right lane usage.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Dragging clutch or perished bushes on the gear cable linkage.

Sent from my SM-G930F

The linkages are solid on them and they are a bit slack, but I don't see that they'd get more slack when warm?  Starting to think it could be the clutch dragging though, not bothered about changing it, I've done loads on them now, but it'll be ~£150 I hadn't budgeted for. :sad: 

1 hour ago, Ianb said:

That is where I'd be inclined to gesture he pulls over for a chat re left and right lane usage.....

I have a feeling his sort wouldn't be willing to take advice from me tbh...  Not that I'd be man enough to give it either lol.  Just kinda hope there was a cop car in the long line of traffic he was holding up to pull him up and have a chat!

Wuss 😂

Sent from my SM-G930F

There was hundreds of 'em!!

(Okay, maybe 20ish)

My fellow instructors did absolutely nothing to help me - but encouraged it lol

The ELF's!!

• Like 1

Total wuss 🐈

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like the 'twerp' in a fully loaded Galaxy sitting in the overtaking lane at 60-65 WITH A CLEAR LEFT HAND LANE for miles and miles who then swears and gestures at the people who run out of patience and undertake him!  I knew he was gonna be 'one of them' the minute I followed him off the roundabout next to a lorry who obviously pulled off much slower, but he didn't move over when he was clear of the lorry, he then didnt use the left hand lane at all in the 8 miles I followed him, and it seems he carried on the same after my junction as well.  Fortunately I was being followed by my mate and his missus so managed to contain my rage with them being there (I've been good lately but he really tried my patience today!).

If you're on here, move the hell over and stop swearing at people for your fail, when people have to keep undertaking, maybe you're in the wrong ffs! :dry:

I also don't like that the gears in the '6 are getting really stiff and crunchy when warm, but fine when cold - I've been told changing the oil may help but I've always changed oil previously for difficulty changing gears when cold, getting worse when hot has really confused me! :wacko:

Some people don't realise that driving is a privilege, not a right!  If you can't do it, get off the fecking road!! 

If the gears are crunching then the clutch must be engaging to some degree, so I'd hazard a guess that the fault lies there.  That said, changing the oil wouldn't be a bad start, as even if it doesn't fix the problem, it is something you should do anyway.

True but they don't have bolted driveshafts, so if I do have to change the clutch I'll have to drain that oil out again, I don't like doing the same thing twice lol.

I don't like it being the first day back at work after 2 weeks off, and spending a whole week of it being ill with man flu lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simcor said:

I don't like it being the first day back at work after 2 weeks off, and spending a whole week of it being ill with man flu lol

I feel your pain.  I'm suffering Man Flu as we speak.

Still a bit snotty and coughing but mostly over it. Why couldn't I have been ill this week.

Another thing I don't like is idiots all queuing like mad to get to Ikea. Especially the moron in the Zafira that stopped in the second lane of the dual carriageway trying to get across as the last minute causing problems for vehicles trying to go straight past the exit. So I duly gave the moron some horn as o had to drive round their car blocking half of the second lane. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club