Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 minute ago, GMX said:

I've heard of that before, a mate's Boxer is drawn to bite the tyres of vehicles that come too close to him.

Brandy has never been a tyre biter but she does have a need to pee next the rear tyres of cars she doesn't know. If they happen to have pulled on to the drive.  Once that car has visited a couple of times, it doesn't bother her.

She doesn't have the same urge to pee next to cars outside.  For her, it must be territorial thing - "I'll leave my mark here as you're in my personal space":laugh:

Oddly, I get daily electric shocks from Molly but only after I've brushed her.  It's not reciprocal, she doesn't get a shock from me.  She's the first electric generating cat I've had. :laugh:

Who needs solar panels!!  You should just wire her into your electric meter.

• Like 1

I don't like tomorrows weather forecast, now I've hung out three loads of washing to dry overnight.

Heavy rain is moving in from the south overnight:sad: with more to follow all day:sad:

• Like 1

I don't like getting daily electric shocks from car doors and metal door handles!!  Not sure what it is, but I seem especially prone to it.

Changed shoes recently?

I get shocks if I wear pure rubber soled footwear but not if I wear carbon rubber composite soles.

I get shocks from supermarket trollies if I pass over an area with laminate flooring.

The nylon wheels charge up the metal and it makes a nice crack when I ground out the stored static.

I make sure I'm always in contact with the metal frame on such surfaces so the static is continually dispersed.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Changed shoes recently?

I get shocks if I wear pure rubber soled footwear but not if I wear carbon rubber composite soles.

I get shocks from supermarket trollies if I pass over an area with laminate flooring.

The nylon wheels charge up the metal and it makes a nice crack when I ground out the stored static.

I make sure I'm always in contact with the metal frame on such surfaces so the static is continually dispersed.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Why not just make sure you're in contact with the wife so she can share the experience? :laugh:

• Like 1

Don't like being mithered to drive to Starbucks, It's a 26 mile round trip.  How come I can mither for something & never get it(I think we can all guess what that is lol) yet the wife mithers & gets what she wants.  It's not fair

I don't like having mislaid my mini USB camera link cable. :sad:

This is what happens when your office is more than a tad untidy and bordering on massive chaos

Of course if I'd photographed using my phone rather than the camera; I wouldn't be now in situation of being unable to to upload the relevant photos to the client.  I favoured the camera over the phone, as the zoom is superior..

2 hours ago, Preecematt said:

mithered

Is that regional to Shropshire? 

Sounds like the altered lovechild of "mattered" and "bothered"

I've always known it as being it's own word lol.  Hard to explain really, Mithered is like none stop "can we do this, can we do that" like when the kids won't stop going on & on & on or if you look a bit mithered you look under a bit of pressure. That's how I've always known it, whether it's regional to Shropshire I couldn't tell you

• Like 1

I'd not heard of mithered either, had to google it, but then I am from same county as GMX, lol.

Wiktionary suggests it is from Northern England:

mither ‎(third-person singular simple present mithers, present participle mithering, simple past and past participle mithered)

1. (intransitive, Northern England) To make an unnecessary fuss, moan, bother.
  2. (transitive) To pester or irritate someone. Usually directed at children.
    Will you stop mithering me!

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/mither

• Like 1

Mithered countrywide I assumed, use it here

• Like 1

I don't like the 405's battery going flat thanks to mother neglecting to turn the headlights off after arriving home this morning, and to make matters worse - the battery booster was too weak to start it whilst in the car, and after taking it inside and hooking it up to my 12V charger, I was greeted with the smell of burning from said charger!! 

So, you could say I am completely screwed. 

The only thing I can do now is buy another battery charger or a pair of jump leads and use the Hyundai's V6 to boost it. 

Either option involves spending money which I am currently in very short supply of. 

ARGH!!! :angry:

I hate it when i have just ordered something off amazon on prime,yes PRIME and even with the count down.

Order within ????? time to get it next day,check out and states 3 days later EEEEERRRRRRR not mad.

I don't like adverts...but there are 2 around atm which are really horrific when you're in the middle of a comedy or trying to relax to the radio.  Ok so I really don't like getting ill/anything medical but surely these 2 are horrible for everyone else as well?

There's a Corsodyl one where the woman spits out all her teeth in a dream.  And that one on the radio about getting ill on holiday.  Honestly feel like throwing the radio/tv out the window when they come on!! :angry:

16 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like the 405's battery going flat thanks to mother neglecting to turn the headlights off after arriving home this morning, and to make matters worse - the battery booster was too weak to start it whilst in the car, and after taking it inside and hooking it up to my 12V charger, I was greeted with the smell of burning from said charger!! 

So, you could say I am completely screwed. 

The only thing I can do now is buy another battery charger or a pair of jump leads and use the Hyundai's V6 to boost it. 

Either option involves spending money which I am currently in very short supply of. 

ARGH!!! :angry:

If you've got an arc welder, you can use the cables as jump temporary jump leads, with minimal dismantling, if you've nothing else.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like adverts...but there are 2 around atm which are really horrific when you're in the middle of a comedy or trying to relax to the radio.  Ok so I really don't like getting ill/anything medical but surely these 2 are horrible for everyone else as well?

There's a Corsodyl one where the woman spits out all her teeth in a dream.  And that one on the radio about getting ill on holiday.  Honestly feel like throwing the radio/tv out the window when they come on!! :angry:

That reminds me, i don't like the way Channel 4 on demand has recently blocked the adblockers and just won't even start if you're running any anti-scripting software; even when it's not targeting their page!.  You now have to disable everything to use it. 

The online adverts seem to be longer in duration than their TV counterparts, as for the interactive adverts:wallbash: I don't want to have to make choices on products I don't buy, and then have to endure a 5 minute interactive with more choices  in order to carry on watching the program.

Although it is mildly amusing when you don't respond, the adserver then chooses for you, loosely  based on previous program watching choices. You've watched Green Wing box set: here's an advert for KFC Hot Wings and , you've watched Big Bang Theory: so here's an ad for Cilit Bang.:unsure:

Channel 4 used to be the only commercial player where apart from the initial "original drama bought tot you by Mitsubishi" or "Original comedy sponsored by Fosters" advert, you could suppress the rest.  Now they've become one worse than the others. 

• Like 1

I've got another 'don't like' today...  Just opened a packet of pasta, it ripped and sent a flood of pasta rolling across the work surfaces and across the floor...  Not sure why they bother with a 'resealable strip' when I cant even get to that stage lol.

• Like 3

or get the frozen peas out freezer after the last person folded bag and put bag upside down. grr! peas in every basket and on floor. dog doesnt like frozen peas, she had a try. lol

• Like 4

I don't like a certain silver Audi on the roundabout down the road, indicating left, in the leftmost lane, for the next exit. Only he wasn't exiting at all, he was actually using it to overtake the white Honda and red peugeot in the inner lane.:sad: 

The Volvo S6 and I (in the Mk1), were almost taken out as silver Audi drove straight at our off-sides:ohmy:.  The resultant swift braking meant Brandy was suddenly propelled forwards off the backseat, or at least her rear end was; her harness and dog restraint was keeping her front end braced, so she dangled:sad: 

Brandy probably loathes silver Audis now. If she had opposable thumbs: tonight she would be making voodoo silver Audi dolls to stick pins in

I also don't like, mainly because it slowed down my shop, Tesco  has re-arranged the bread and cake aisles again:sad: It was not apparent where they'd moved iced buns to, the two Tesco people I asked, were not bakery department people, and didn't know themselves.  It took a good 20 minutes of systematically searching cake by cake, scone by scone, loaf by loaf etc., until I found them lurking at the very bottom of the american muffin section.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I've got another 'don't like' today...  Just opened a packet of pasta, it ripped and sent a flood of pasta rolling across the work surfaces and across the floor...  Not sure why they bother with a 'resealable strip' when I cant even get to that stage lol.

They've started doing that with cheese, but the resealable strip is far too close to the "tear here".  So when you do tear there, you rip the resealable strip too making it redundant.

• Like 1

I don't like slugs and snails decimating my young vegetables overnight:sad:

Contrary to the adverts, slug pellets don't work. If anything, they seem to have an attractant in them, drawing out gastropods for mile around.:sad:  There used to be a pellet whose active ingredient was methiocarb, they did work but were far to dangerous to other wildlife feasting on poisoned slugs; and were consequently withdrawn.

Slug pubs work to some extent but it turns out the local foxes and badgers are particularly fond of beer too, and dig them up; trashing the vegetable plots as they do so :sad:

I need a slug and snail predator that the cats and Brandy will ignore  A few chickens would work but Brandy would probably see them as mobile catering food  Toads would be living toys to the cats, frogs would be worse with their leaping.  I wonder if a goose or two would get on them? :unsure:

Geese have the added advantage of being better guards and watchmen than dogs

Wandering around the garden with a pair of barbecue tongs, a bucket and a torch at night, regularly, is about the only effective slug/snail control method; I have at the moment  But then you have a bucket of slugs and snails to do something with:unsure:

I don't like the Hyundai's AC (or lack thereof), which meant during a trip to Aberdeen today I had to make the choice between pouring with sweat and hearing the radio, or opening the windows/sunroof and hearing nothing over the sound of wind...  I opted for the wind!!

I don't like slugs and snails decimating my young vegetables overnightsad.png

Contrary to the adverts, slug pellets don't work. If anything, they seem to have an attractant in them, drawing out gastropods for mile around.sad.png  There used to be a pellet whose active ingredient was methiocarb, they did work but were far to dangerous to other wildlife feasting on poisoned slugs; and were consequently withdrawn.

Slug pubs work to some extent but it turns out the local foxes and badgers are particularly fond of beer too, and dig them up; trashing the vegetable plots as they do so sad.png

I need a slug and snail predator that the cats and Brandy will ignore  A few chickens would work but Brandy would probably see them as mobile catering food  Toads would be living toys to the cats, frogs would be worse with their leaping.  I wonder if a goose or two would get on them? unsure.png

Geese have the added advantage of being better guards and watchmen than dogs

Wandering around the garden with a pair of barbecue tongs, a bucket and a torch at night, regularly, is about the only effective slug/snail control method; I have at the moment  But then you have a bucket of slugs and snails to do something withunsure.png

Slug pubs for the critters and ferret or tiger poo (if you have a local zoo) for the mammals.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

Things I don't like - coming across this &*%$ in a BMW on the way home...

• Like 2

What a tard. :wallbash: But then again, he drives a BMW (probably financed...or stolen), therefore he owns the road! :laugh:

Well done for keeping your cool. 

Irreverent, but there was a nice MK3 Focus with DRL's on the right!

• Like 1

I don't like finding out I'm not strong enough to get the 6 speed gearbox back on the GTi6 by myself, done the 5 speed HDi and 1.8 petrols no problem. :sad:  Plus the people I know that could give me a hand are busy.  And the only one that said he would help today never turned up so I wasted an afternoon waiting.  Fed up tonight! :dry:

I don't like finding out I'm not strong enough to get the 6 speed gearbox back on the GTi6 by myself, done the 5 speed HDi and 1.8 petrols no problem. :sad:  Plus the people I know that could give me a hand are busy.  And the only one that said he would help today never turned up so I wasted an afternoon waiting.  Fed up tonight! dry.png

Get doing them pressups

• Like 1

Is that plural?  I can't do one pressup! :laugh:

So apparently my YouTube video is starting to get some hateful comments lol.

Was I in the wrong there? You folks can tell me if I was, I have thick skin :wink:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club