Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kpgs Mk3 Focus Titanium

kpg

I like the look but am not completely convinced about the STitanium branding. I'm generally pretty anti any form of badges or decals but agree that having something on the doors would tie in nicely with the look of the rest of the car.

Thanks for the input. I might tweak it a bit to see if I can do something else possibly. I definitely like the matte black bit so I'll base it on that.

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

that will good and transform the front of your car a lot

• Like 1

that will good and transform the front of your car a lot

Yea I've been thinking over this last while that what I have now looks a bit too busy on the front? Not convinced anymore and since I have to wait til next year for the ST I may as well pretend for the meantime lol

• Like 1

Right so before I bought the ST bumper, which was unplanned, I had already purchased that little front lower splitter for the ZS lip. Well I've got it wrapped and installed on the car today. Did it all myself :) pics for proof:

57b34502b35ed_ImageUploadedByFordOC14713

57b3450bb4070_ImageUploadedByFordOC14713

57b3451444438_ImageUploadedByFordOC14713

57b3451e34207_ImageUploadedByFordOC14713

57b3452660db6_ImageUploadedByFordOC14713

57b34535c411f_ImageUploadedByFordOC14713

57b3454033908_ImageUploadedByFordOC14713

57b3454a4cf15_ImageUploadedByFordOC14713

57b3455506a1b_ImageUploadedByFordOC14713

Quite pleased with this. I'll enjoy it until my ST bumper arrives. This lip might end up on the wife's car lol

• Like 4

Looks absolutely fantastic! Oh how much I envy you the skills to work with the tint this well (in a good way, of course!)...I have to try it myself on something smaller too :)

Looking forward to see the ST bumper on the car, congrats on the purchase btw! The prize was perfect!

• Like 1

looking good and you have done a great job on that zs lower splitter

• Like 1

Looks absolutely fantastic! Oh how much I envy you the skills to work with the tint this well (in a good way, of course!)...I have to try it myself on something smaller too :)

Looking forward to see the ST bumper on the car, congrats on the purchase btw! The prize was perfect!

Thanks guys. Aye it's cool working with the vinyl. It just takes practise but once you know how/where/when to stretch and heat and know the limits of the material itself it's a piece of pi$$.

On 8/11/2016 at 10:57 AM, kpg said:

Hello again. Not been posting much but been reading a lot.

So I was refilling my window washers and saw that this pipe looks a bit on the moist side:

ImageUploadedByFord OC1470909321.402599.jpg

ImageUploadedByFord OC1470909330.038254.jpg

It links to the airbox which looks fine apart from that oily sponge in the corner. Should I be worried ? Pretty sure the pipe shouldn't be leaking.

Also had my airbox cover off and was shocked to see how filthy the filter was:

ImageUploadedByFord OC1470909397.459646.jpg

ImageUploadedByFord OC1470909404.910447.jpg

It used to be bright green !! Lol Any tips on cleaning this thing ? I've never cleaned a filter before so thought I'd ask. Excuse the dirt of the engine bay too, haven't gotten into detailing on that end of things.

I'm glad I saw your pics of the air filter. With the lack of power issues we've both experience, the one thing I hadn't checked is the air filter. Before opening the airbox up, I had a look to see how much a K&N air filter would be. When searching their website, the part number required looked familiar. I did a search on the part that my previous car had (C-Max) and it's the same, and guess what I have sitting it the garage!! I couldn't believe that the ST uses the same filter as well, must be very universal. Hang on to yours when you change over to an ST in the future!! I used a K&N service kit to clean and re-oil the filter, and it looks like new now. Fitted it last night but haven't had chance to see how it runs with it. Not sure if it's the weather/ outside temperature as it's been running better than usual, especially the overall mpg. I'm getting 47 mpg at the end of a full tank so something must be right. 

I checked my pipe from the rocker cover and I have no oil coming from mine, bone dry. I guess the square sponge is supposed to be oily, so it catches any rubbish in the same way as the filter.

Hello again. Not been posting much but been reading a lot.

So I was refilling my window washers and saw that this pipe looks a bit on the moist side:

ImageUploadedByFord OC1470909321.402599.jpg

ImageUploadedByFord OC1470909330.038254.jpg

It links to the airbox which looks fine apart from that oily sponge in the corner. Should I be worried ? Pretty sure the pipe shouldn't be leaking.

Also had my airbox cover off and was shocked to see how filthy the filter was:

ImageUploadedByFord OC1470909397.459646.jpg

ImageUploadedByFord OC1470909404.910447.jpg

It used to be bright green !! Lol Any tips on cleaning this thing ? I've never cleaned a filter before so thought I'd ask. Excuse the dirt of the engine bay too, haven't gotten into detailing on that end of things.

I'm glad I saw your pics of the air filter. With the lack of power issues we've both experience, the one thing I hadn't checked is the air filter. Before opening the airbox up, I had a look to see how much a K&N air filter would be. When searching their website, the part number required looked familiar. I did a search on the part that my previous car had (C-Max) and it's the same, and guess what I have sitting it the garage!! I couldn't believe that the ST uses the same filter as well, must be very universal. Hang on to yours when you change over to an ST in the future!! I used a K&N service kit to clean and re-oil the filter, and it looks like new now. Fitted it last night but haven't had chance to see how it runs with it. Not sure if it's the weather/ outside temperature as it's been running better than usual, especially the overall mpg. I'm getting 47 mpg at the end of a full tank so something must be right. 

I checked my pipe from the rocker cover and I have no oil coming from mine, bone dry. I guess the square sponge is supposed to be oily, so it catches any rubbish in the same way as the filter.

I hadn't noticed any difference in perform with mine. Maybe coupled with the PCM update it picks up better lower down the revs. I must get one of those cleaning kits for mine. It's not the dirtiest but couldn't hurt to give it a clean.

• Like 1

I'm in a slightly worrying situation regarding the ST bumper I ordered off eBay. I've had no conformation of the thing being posted, no tracking number and, despite sending 10+ messages, I've had one reply stating it would be posted on Thursday past.

I rang eBay customer services and they said that it's often the case with foreign sellers or big companies. He guaranteed that I would get a full refund if it doesn't show up by the latest delivery date which is 7th September.

I guess it's just a waiting game now.

To be fair, eBay are really good for that. I bought a box of latex gloves off there once which didn't show up, reported it to eBay and got a refund almost immediately.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

To be fair, eBay are really good for that. I bought a box of latex gloves off there once which didn't show up, reported it to eBay and got a refund almost immediately.

Aye I've had to do it before for guitar stuff. It's pretty good. Especially if you pay through PayPal you can always get things sorted quick enough.

When you first put the filter in, did it feel like it was going through a 'learning' process? Mine stuttered when starting and ran oddly on my first journey, a bit like when I had the PCM update. It seemed better today, but will see on the journey to work on Monday.

Not with my MK3 but the same brand filter in my old MK2 definitely coughed a bit when I installed it in that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks, just back from a lovely trip to the Rep. Picked up my mate and his girlfriend in galway and drove to the Father Ted house. Always wanted to see it and it didn't disappoint. That's one thing off the bucket list.

Camped in Doolin, visited the Cliffs of Moher, camped in Salt Hill, Galway and then headed home on Sunday morning. Had a blast.

Car related now. Still waiting kb word for the st bumper, should be here Next Week at the latest. The wife made a purchase for my birthday, also Next Week..... ST side skirts. Can't wait to get those on. The car is coming along nicely I'd say.

Another thing, how do I post pics through the app on an Android phone? It's only allowing me to 'attach' them.

Look forward to seeing the side skirts, they'll make a huge difference to the look of the car.

Iirc to add a photo on Android you have to attach it (it should then be listed below the text you're composing) and then click on the photo to insert it.

• Like 1

I hope all goes well with the ST bumper, it would look mean on the car! And with the sideskirts too! Really looking forward to see it :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Look forward to seeing the side skirts, they'll make a huge difference to the look of the car.

Iirc to add a photo on Android you have to attach it (it should then be listed below the text you're composing) and then click on the photo to insert it.

I hope all goes well with the ST bumper, it would look mean on the car! And with the sideskirts too! Really looking forward to see it :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. Yeah I hope the bumper comes through OK, I've got some ideas for adding blue to sections of it as well as vinyl along the skirts and lower Of The doors. The next few weeks should be interesting lol

1472557662918.jpg

Thanks bud, that worked. I just wasn't clicking it to add it in.

This is the result of a 500mile round-trip to the Father Ted house.

• Like 1

That house looks very small... Or is it just far away?

• Like 6

It arrived!

1472759291352.jpg

One large parcel for me please :)

1472759300458.jpg

1472759310907.jpg

They look so shiny. I got stuck in straight away lol couldn't help myself. I don't have a step my step cause it's just clips holding them on. You have to reuse the clips from underneath on the old skirts on the new ones but for the rest, the new skirts have clips already on them. Which is just as well because I broke every single one of these ones:

1472760531540.jpg

They are a complete see-you-next-tuesday to get out and therefore they will get broken no matter how hard you try.

Anyway I got them on all safe, sound and secure bar the dog eating one if the clips!

Before:

1472759323520.jpg

And after:

1472759332131.jpg

1472759332131.jpg

1472759341953.jpg

1472759352863.jpg

1472759365496.jpg

1472759374301.jpg

Not the best pics as it was raining and I was soaked through but I'm quite pleased to say the least. Finishes off the sides nicely. Now I might go ahead and get those vinyl designs put on :)

Oh that's another thing, I take it the front mudflaps can't be put back on with these skirts?

I just need the zs rear bumper and a nice dual exit exhaust and I'll be nearly 'finished'.

And that ST front bumper. If it ever shows up.

• Like 3

That house looks very small... Or is it just far away?

723fef5ee62667260eabc217aea988e0.jpg

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club