Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Prefacelift Sync 2 8" touchscreen upgrade, How to guide with pics!!!

Luke_Anderson

Ok, everything is working now, except GPSM 😞 Do I have to set it somehow via diag? It is wiered (connected) correctly as in schema. Any advice? Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, Ondrej said:

Ok, everything is working now, except GPSM 😞 Do I have to set it somehow via diag? It is wiered (connected) correctly as in schema. Any advice? Thank you very much!

Check your connections in the HVAC if that’s what you’ve used 

I have GPSM directly from MK3.5 with GPSM. I am sure, that it is connected right. 1- 12V, 6 - Ground, 2 - MS can+ to the apim connector 16 and 3 - MS can- to the apim connector 17. What do you mean with HVAC connections?

EDCD0EB1-D18C-498B-BFF7-44687E46BBC3.jpeg

I replied to your email. That looks like the GPS plug. It should be up near your rear view mirror with a module attached to it! 

1 hour ago, Phil21185 said:

I replied to your email. That looks like the GPS plug. It should be up near your rear view mirror with a module attached to it! 

Ok, I didnt have connected MScan 😞 Navigation is now function, but it is still sayin that emergency assist is not available... can it be because I have gpsm under the dashboard and not on the window? Or do I have to set it somehow via diag? Thanx

2 hours ago, Ondrej said:

Ok, I didnt have connected MScan 😞 Navigation is now function, but it is still sayin that emergency assist is not available... can it be because I have gpsm under the dashboard and not on the window? Or do I have to set it somehow via diag? Thanx

Are you connecting your mobile ? 

5 hours ago, Tommo17 said:

Are you connecting your mobile ? 

Yes I am. But now I have information that it has to be activated with diag in Airbag configuťration.

Just now, Ondrej said:

Yes I am. But now I have information that it has to be activated with diag in Airbag configuťration.

Can’t help you there. Have no idea. Mine worked fine from the start

My retrofit is from SYNC1 to SYNC2 so I need the media hub with the SD card reader and this reader needs 7 wires to the apim, not only power... I didn't connect any USB to this media hub, I've just use the front USB connected to the APIM. My old media hub was composed by a USB connector an a line in connector. What I can do is connect the old line in to the new HUB, and put a large USB connector to the other USB connection on the have, and plug this on the APIM. Perhaps my understanding about this media hub is not complete.....

Glad it’s working :)

As I was saying before, the media hub only really requires power and a USB cable. The other wires are for line in, which is rarely used these days.

You’ll notice on the media hub in the armrest that there is 2 miniUSB ports on the back. 1 of them is a pass thru. You’d have 1 usb cable from your headunit to the media hub then another usb cable to the front USB port behind the gear stick, this would be on a facelift focus. Mine being a pre facelift, I only had 1 USB port and this was located In the armrest.

If you want to get a bit clever, you can attach another usb cable to the spare miniUSB on the media hub and then attach a mini USB to normal female USB connector and have another USB Port :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have you programmed your sync headunit yet with the apim configuration from a similar model to your car? I’m sure the configuration for the emergency assist is a simple change in the apim configuration in forscan. Usually, this just works. Try resetting the GPSM module in forscan and see if that helps. If your compass is working/sat nav then it’s 100% a setting that needs changing.

Under settings then help, do you have any of the options like myself? 896bde2790436a5a5024b0a6838fc4b0.jpg76d32a281be34b30a50281c668fe9c04.jpg

58 minutes ago, Monks600 said:

Glad it’s working 🙂

As I was saying before, the media hub only really requires power and a USB cable. The other wires are for line in, which is rarely used these days.

You’ll notice on the media hub in the armrest that there is 2 miniUSB ports on the back. 1 of them is a pass thru. You’d have 1 usb cable from your headunit to the media hub then another usb cable to the front USB port behind the gear stick, this would be on a facelift focus. Mine being a pre facelift, I only had 1 USB port and this was located In the armrest.

If you want to get a bit clever, you can attach another usb cable to the spare miniUSB on the media hub and then attach a mini USB to normal female USB connector and have another USB Port 🙂

Oh, I didn't know... But, for the moment it will remain like this while I found a miniusb to miniusb adaptor. Thanks for the recommendation. I didn't know the philosophy of the media hub... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monks600 said:

Under settings then help, do you have any of the options like myself? 896bde2790436a5a5024b0a6838fc4b0.jpg76d32a281be34b30a50281c668fe9c04.jpg

I have only those two options... 🙂

And, now a new question.... do any of you added an aftermarket rear camera to an retrofitted SYNC2??? As I used an extension cable fro 54 pin re-wirings, and the cable had a RCA connector attached to pins 14 and 15, and I didn't remove it, I'm going to install an aftermarket rear camera... but, information about configuration using forscan is really confused .... I didn't found anything clear about what I have to change... do you have any id

I've  "activated" the rear camera by using the first menu that appears on Programming and Configuration under APIM and there was an option about Rear camera / North America Camera / Europe Camera / No Camera.... I choose North America Camera (because Europe use the PAL system), now, I have the configuration options on my settings - Car... but, when I put reverse, nothing happens until 10 seconds later that I have the message "Camera not available". This is correct, because the camera is not installed but, why it takes 10 seconds to show the error message?? This disappears as soon as I release the reverse gear....

Thanks again for all information... 

🙂

Camera installed and working... No need to change anything on asbuilt mode, just in enginer mode activate as North America camera... 

IMG_20191016_133519.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 9:05 PM, Monks600 said:

Have you programmed your sync headunit yet with the apim configuration from a similar model to your car? I’m sure the configuration for the emergency assist is a simple change in the apim configuration in forscan. Usually, this just works. Try resetting the GPSM module in forscan and see if that helps. If your compass is working/sat nav then it’s 100% a setting that needs changing.

Ok, I am done. Only one lst think what is missing, that car on the display when I am parking. But for the automatic parking it works. Do you have any idea whre can be problem or how to set in apim? And also when back parking sensors are on, radio does not go low, only with wront parking sensors.

396D279C-E8B5-4696-A7B3-831A8497AD58.jpeg

Camera installed and working... No need to change anything on asbuilt mode, just in enginer mode activate as North America camera... 
IMG_20191016_133519.thumb.jpg.2085f439abd6a71454fca6f3bbef42fb.jpg

How did you install the camera, what method and was it easy enough? I’m yet to install one on mine :)

2 hours ago, Monks600 said:

How did you install the camera, what method and was it easy enough? I’m yet to install one on mine 🙂

I am also interested for sam manual and schema of the connecting 😉 Thank you very much!

6 hours ago, simrad said:

IMG_20191016_133519.jpg

I am also interested in some manual and schema of connection 😉 thank you very much!

I'm just creating a guide of how-to, but in Spanish, but I promise this weekend I will translate into English and publish... I will let you know 😊

• Like 1

I'm just creating a guide of how-to, but in Spanish, but I promise this weekend I will translate into English and publish... I will let you know [emoji4]

Appreciate your help :) thank you!

@Monks600 if you bought the sync adapter of amazon. Buy a long yellow rca lead and run that to the boot handle and power and ground from either your reverse light or preferably from an ignition 12v supply from somewhere. Easiest thing I’ve done yet. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 3:31 PM, Tommo17 said:

Sorry to bother you, I'm still struggling with the reverse camera. My question now is: do I need a camera module or may I just plug the camera directly to the APIM?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club