Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOW TO Retrofit genuine parking sensors to MK3+MK3.5 Focus

Bannko

Maybe a stupid question but I have to ask. When you say automated parking option, you mean that the stearing wheel will move all by it self and park the car without any interferance by the driver?

58 minutes ago, Belldin said:

Maybe a stupid question but I have to ask. When you say automated parking option, you mean that the stearing wheel will move all by it self and park the car without any interferance by the driver?

The driver still needs to use the accelerator and brake, plus gear select but the car will steer itself into the gap. If you use automated parking the car will tell you when to select ‘reverse’ or ‘first’ gear, it will also tell you when the manoeuvre is complete and if the space you are passing is big enough for your car. You select the autonomous parking mode and indicate to let the car know which side of the car to scan for a space, the scan can be done at speeds up to 15mph and a message will show when there is a suitable space and where it wants you to stop.

clever stuff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Bannko said:

Thanks @Jonro2009 for an excellent explanation 😉

I loved it on my Mondeo but could probably do it a lot faster without using it, great party piece though lol. Bay parking was definitely slower and took at least 2 attempts to get straight enough to park. 

Only thing you had to remember was if the cars you were parking between were on the kerb then so were you. I liked the ‘get out’ assist when you felt you were blocked in quite tightly. 

What do you think of it?

• Like 1

Ok then, Im ready to go,because my wife and parking are to different dimensions.

The only missing parts are: 

Module for rear/front parking

Front Loom and parking sensors

Inside buttons

Elm and forscan

PS I hope it doesn't matter I have manual gear box 😬

@Belldin i have for sale front loom for halos and 6xsensors, inside button for: start/stop and parking assistant and i can get you also the module. 

If interested just PM me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bannko said:

@Belldin i have for sale front loom for halos and 6xsensors, inside button for: start/stop and parking assistant and i can get you also the module. 

If interested just PM me.

I'm trying to sent you but says you can't receive any

Good post, many thanks Tomas.

I just finish the retrofit of the Automatic parking assists on my Ford Focus mk3 2011, total cost of 230 euro = 199 £.

For how is mounting the front parking sensors, before you plug in the wiring plug you need to check the wires, in my case, the signal wires from left and right side sensors were connected on the pins for fog lights and this can result in burning the sensors or if you are lucky only a fuse.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, have anyone fitted the print sensors to an mk3.5?

i have only just found this post a few hours ago and have done lots of googleing part numbers.

I have only managed to fine a few OEM sensors in my cars colour. But I haven’t found a single retainer in the right colour, does anyone know where to get these or do you even need them?

if I order the Chinese sensors from the link above, do I need retainers to keep them in place?

cheers

@Wezaa Yes, you need the retainers unfortunately. In my first post you find there link to online part catalog  where you will find the part numbers so you can order a new one from your dealer but they also came unpainted. I bought a touch up paint in spray can and that did the job.

And the Chinese ones are good for the rear. You can use them also for the front if you wanna do just the front 4 parking sensors but they have a different sensitivity how far the obstacle is.

• Like 1

Thank you.

my car came with the 4 rear sensors already installed.

I’m looking to install 6 front sensors and upgrade the back to 6 sensors so I have full 360 coverage. Is that right?

im not fussed about parking assist.

5 hours ago, Wezaa said:

Thank you.

my car came with the 4 rear sensors already installed.

I’m looking to install 6 front sensors and upgrade the back to 6 sensors so I have full 360 coverage. Is that right?

im not fussed about parking assist.

yes you are right 🙂 but 6 on rear are mainly for parking assist , check if you have right abs sensors , then will be same way and nice adition to your car

• 4 weeks later...

I can't use Focccus on my 2016 and later cars.

you are saying "everything is plug and play".... but how do you connect front bumper loom with the car? I do not have any place where to connect it...

@Revi Do you have fog lights? Under the front driver's headlight (LHD) is the connector for the front loom. I guess in UK it will be located under the same headlight so you have to check the passenger's one 🙂 as you are RHD

• 2 months later...

Hi all I am stuck in this situation,

I got 61 plate focus mk3 may be,

recently changed my old rear bumper with  pdc sensors fitted bumper,it has the wiring loom connected with 4 sensors.

which is 3pin ones .upto here all fine.

now I want to make them work how to do that and what parts I need .

when I looked at eBay to order that sensor module,they are not selling with cables .

if I bought one how to connect to the power that module.

where to connect to the buzzer.

please help me .

These parking sensors module comes with so much wiring which one need to connect to the power cable.

one more if I connect pdc sensors module  

does the ecu support it because my car didn’t came with sensors .

or do I need to spend a lot of money.

what is the right way.

19 hours ago, Anilredy said:

These parking sensors module comes with so much wiring which one need to connect to the power cable.

one more if I connect pdc sensors module  

does the ecu support it because my car didn’t came with sensors .

or do I need to spend a lot of money.

what is the right way.

You need to have the plug for the sensors under the car.  You then plug that into the bumper wiring. You then plug the modula into the plug behind the carpet in the rear. Then activate with forscan or focccus and that’s it. 

15 hours ago, Tommo17 said:

You need to have the plug for the sensors under the car.  You then plug that into the bumper wiring. You then plug the modula into the plug behind the carpet in the rear. Then activate with forscan or focccus and that’s it. 

hi thanks for the reply.

You need to have the plug for the sensors under the car. i have one

You then plug that into the bumper wiring. sensors connected to the wiring but wiring doesnt connected to the module the plugs are not matching

my car doesn't have the plugs for the sensor module. it hasnt came with the sensor module

Then activate with forscan or focccus and that’s it.  where to find it

thanks for the help  

6 hours ago, Anilredy said:

hi thanks for the reply.

You need to have the plug for the sensors under the car. i have one

You then plug that into the bumper wiring. sensors connected to the wiring but wiring doesnt connected to the module the plugs are not matching

my car doesn't have the plugs for the sensor module. it hasnt came with the sensor module

Then activate with forscan or focccus and that’s it.  where to find it

thanks for the help  

Upload some pictures of what you’ve got. 

@Bannko, thanks for the guide!  I've got parts for this on order so will be attempting it when o get a dry day!

Apart from a couple of extra sensors for the back, maybe some brackets (depends how many come on the scrapped loom for the front I've snagged) and the abs sensors, I'm about £150 in, but there's parts I'll be able to resell so should be a fairly cheap upgrade. 

Quick question, can you swap the abs sensors easily, or is it a hub off job?

Hey.

Do any one know, the parking aid control modul, the same in Focus Mk3.5 and in a C-max 2018 ?¨¨

@Tommo17

Ah I hadn't thought of the fact that the preface might not use 6 on the back...

I'll just have to eyeball them then!

No I don't have the grille, I was going to cut manually for those too - I can fabricate my own brackets if that's required, or grab a proper grille if I screw it up. 

As for wiring - from what I can see, it's plug and play, AS LONG AS there are the necessary wires already present in the plug for the button. If not, that could kaibosh the whole thing.

The rear sensors detach near the bumper, and I believe the front fog loom does as well.

To be honest the extent of research I've done into viability of this is this thread alone 🙂 I can be a bit impulsive at times!

You can tell me more about fitting the blis system though!!!

• Like 1

Blis system requires a different loom for rear sensors and blis. There is another connector hanging down underneath with the plug for sensors this is the power supply only. The rest of the wiring is in the loom. I don’t have this other plug. But have the wiring in the wing mirrors for it. 

the grill is on eBay for £20 posted gloss black. Your going to need to add the 6 cables from the yellow plug at the module end to the engine bay harness. Then you can plug in your loom. Have you checked if the wiring is there for the switch ? Mine isn’t. Hence why I’ve had to make it 

your also going to need the yellow plug and a module for a 3.5 if your wanting 6 on the rear (could be wrong on that but I know they are different) 

2E6326BF-B6D4-41EF-8C5C-BC90C4CAA5B1.jpeg

7DA793B1-0FE5-456C-B2B5-42E2BBE8D99E.jpeg

83D3C027-727E-4732-B5A7-33205B741DA0.png

Hm, impulsiveness may have cost me a bit here. Well I've no problem making up a loom or two if needed. 

I tend to need to have the stuff in my hands to have a play with and work out what needs to be done. I was going by Bannkos guide but to be fair, I think that is for a MK3.5 so he may have had a lot of the parts already there. 

I have the three plugs in the boot and I've also bought the MK3 active park module. The part number is different to the 3.5. if 6 rear sensors aren't required for active park on the MK3 then I probably won't bother. 

What do you mean 6 cables from the plug at the module end to the engine bay? Seriously right the way through the car??! I may not end up doing this at all then! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club