Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

I just checked my Focus (purchased Dec 2019) - it has Sync 3.3 + Maps F8, is it honestly worth the update?

From reading this very long thread it does not appear a quick process and I would really like to know what the changes are. The map version F8 that I have, when did that come out?

1 hour ago, tonycollinet said:

For clarification - my issue isn't with the voice prompts from the satnav - it is that I cannot control the satnav with voice commands - eg "navigate to  home"

Is that still in the maps package, or is that part of the 3.4 update?

That’s part of the maps package. I had the same problem as you at first. I did a master reset and that solved it.

As a rule. The voice files are included with the map updates.

A lot of people are saying that when pressing the sync button the “Please say a command” no longer appears,

My car was Brand new in March 20 and my mates Brand new in Dec 19.
My build is Feb 20, and his a little before Dec 19. However both of our cars have never ever done it straight from the garage brand new,
Ive reset the unit and also the toggles for the voice command are all in the right place.
So it’s possible a feature Ford no longer put on Sync 3 new versions.

So did my best mates Focus Active last night with the update (not map) is he’s a late 2019 model, version 3.4. 
again not provided with a map update.

Regarding DAB logos.
Ive always had the odd few missing even when I picked the car up and so did my mate.

32 minutes ago, CallMeSteven said:

I just checked my Focus (purchased Dec 2019) - it has Sync 3.3 + Maps F8, is it honestly worth the update?

From reading this very long thread it does not appear a quick process and I would really like to know what the changes are. The map version F8 that I have, when did that come out?

As i understand F7 is 2017, F8 is 2018 and F9 is the delayed 2019 revamped to 2020.

• Like 1

Thanks Andy - I'm only a casual user of the Sat Nav and quite happy with Sync 3.3. Sounds like 3.4 is more hassle than it's worth. Shame there are no release notes like other software. Guess that's asking too much from Ford :wink:

3.4 download and installation is easy its just that some of the features look a bit different . F8 maps were released in UK in March 2019 and were already well out of date so F9 has got to be worth having Especially if you use speed limiter on MK4.

Can a dealer install this update without the two hour engine running process? Seems a ridiculous way to do an update.

1 minute ago, CallMeSteven said:

Can a dealer install this update without the two hour engine running process? Seems a ridiculous way to do an update.

unless you have a friendly dealer its £££££££££££

my local Trust Ford charge for everything.

• Like 1

Map updates are owners responsibility not dealers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CallMeSteven said:

You don't actually need the engine running, but you do need the ignition on. I did mine while it was connected to a battery charger, ignition on but engine off.

The thing to watch out for is after about half an hour or so it will want to switch the ignition off to save power, so you have to keep an eye open for that. I just had to cancel the power saving using the OK button on the steering wheel when it came up. 

• Like 1

Anyone getting the maps F9 updates from the Ford web site yet?

mine advises software up to date and doesn’t check for maps........

26 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

Anyone getting the maps F9 updates from the Ford web site yet?

mine advises software up to date and doesn’t check for maps........

Seems to be the case for the majority Although some have been given download. Also if you look in your Ford account it will probably say software upto date and a Map download is available,so it must be pending.

Mine is still showing as up to date on the Ford website though I did the F9 and an incremental Sync 3.0 update a few months ago thanks to a German website. I'm hoping once I get offered the software upgrade I can just give them the XML file still sat on my USB drive.

Anyone know what the file 4UST-14G422-BAE  does in sync 3.4 . I downloaded the 3.4 update 5 days ago from Ford and installed it in the car. It is working ok but bizzarly during the past 24hrs the above file as been re -downloaded directly  to Sync3 via WiFi and when completed the screen said up to date even though the  website has been saying that all along. Version is still 20136 and of course I'm still not being offered F9.

51 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Anyone know what the file 4UST-14G422-BAE  does in sync 3.4 . I downloaded the 3.4 update 5 days ago from Ford and installed it in the car. It is working ok but bizzarly during the past 24hrs the above file as been re -downloaded directly  to Sync3 via WiFi and when completed the screen said up to date even though the  website has been saying that all along. Version is still 20136 and of course I'm still not being offered F9.

I have the same issue. I believe ALEXP999 advised it is a voice file.

not much help I admit 🤔

59 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Same thing happened to me, the file had been downing a few days via wifi and fordpass, on my second trip today the message that the system had update appeared.

It's the voice file from f9 maps  as Alex says, why it came via wifi I've no idea and now when I use sync3 to scan for updates it can't find any more files to download via wifi.

Question about wifi..

Are you people who are using it just simply connecting to your house wifi with the car on the drive? as if I do this the connection is just dire, the internet itself at about 70mbps and the router is probably only 6 meters or so from where it is in the house to the car outside 

Ive not really used ford pass yet but is this another way of doing it?

4 minutes ago, FezMan said:

Question about wifi..

Are you people who are using it just simply connecting to your house wifi with the car on the drive? as if I do this the connection is just dire, the internet itself at about 70mbps and the router is probably only 6 meters or so from where it is in the house to the car outside 

Ive not really used ford pass yet but is this another way of doing it?

My internet is 37 mbps and the Wi-fi download on the car worked for 3.4 update. 

very slow........

10 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

That’s part of the maps package. I had the same problem as you at first. I did a master reset and that solved it.

Thanks for the hint - is that done from the menu - and do I need to be aware of any gotchas before I do it?

17 minutes ago, tonycollinet said:

Thanks for the hint - is that done from the menu - and do I need to be aware of any gotchas before I do it?

Can I ask what your on about as I’m gonna be updating my map soon

20 minutes ago, tonycollinet said:

Yes, Settings > General > Master Reset.

It puts the Sync system back to factory settings. This will delete any paired bluetooth phones and FordPass authorisations. 
 When I reset mine I removed my car from the FordPass app beforehand. Afterwards I re-paired bluetooth and added the car back into FordPass. 

22 minutes ago, DaveG1975 said:

Can I ask what your on about as I’m gonna be updating my map soon

After the updates (3.4 and maps) I no longer have voice control of the navigation (Voice prompts FROM nav work fine, but I can't tell it to (eg) "navigate to home".

I'll try the master reset tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Yes, Settings > General > Master Reset.

It puts the Sync system back to factory settings. This will delete any paired Bluetooth phones and FordPass authorisations. 
 When I reset mine I removed my car from the FordPass app beforehand. Afterwards I re-paired Bluetooth and added the car back into FordPass. 

Thanks. Will try tomorrow.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club