Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Forward collision warning and ice.

Alex.S

20 minutes ago, PLB said:

Thanks for checking. 👍

Check out the eBay link...

if I’ve got it on an st line x you’ll have it on a titanium x and vice versa. 

I suspect they all have it. I don’t see ford making 2 different systems. The adaptive cruise control sensor is on eBay too..

3 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Pre collision assist is a radar system in the lower front grille and operates up to 50mph. 

Active city stop only operates up to 30mph and uses the lidar system on the windscreen. 

Perhaps Ford are fitting the radar for pre collision assist but only enable adaptive cruise and fit the buttons for it if you pay for the pack. It’s not the first time that hardware is present for other features but they are just turned off at a software level if you haven’t paid for them. 

I think this is correct I have radar sensor but not adaptive cruise only standard version.

7 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

1 minute ago, Comares2001 said:

I think this is correct I have radar sensor but not adaptive cruise only standard version.

Hi, Brian, can you please confirm.

Have you got a radar unit fitted in the location discussed and shown in the photo?

18 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Thanks for the link.

Cant say I have seen anything like that mounted on the front of my car.

Just wondering if they are the Radar units fitted inside the rear wheel arches.

They could be the radar units used for the Blind Spot Information System with cross-traffic alert.

I do have this option on my car and IMO its very useful.

26 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F264304133292

my cars in darkness just now but I’d say that’s whats on the front of mine.

Just realised, are you saying that its in the windscreen housing with the camera and not anywhere behind the front bumper.

3 hours ago, PLB said:

To be honest I thought the front radar is only fitted if you have the Driver Assistance Pack which includes Adaptive Cruise Control with Lane Centring Assist and Stop & Go and is limited to Auto’s.

I didn’t go for the Assistance Pack therefore I assumed the front radar wouldn’t be fitted.

Driver Assistance Pack is available on a manual as I have it on my 1.5 diesel Titanium X, the Ford info is slightly misleading

Traffic Sign Recognition; Auto High Beam; Adaptive Cruise Control (with Lane Centring Assist & Stop & Go on Automatic transmission only)

Lane Assist does come on a manual, it's just the Stop & Go function that's Auto only.

Lane assist is on the manual, it’s only the stop and go bit which isn’t. 

12 minutes ago, PLB said:

Just realised, are you saying that its in the windscreen housing with the camera and not anywhere behind the front bumper.

No. Front grill directly below reg plate. What I thought was it after looking at the eBay part I now don’t think that’s it. Took a photo anyway... 

7A932F11-9B0B-4DB3-AD4B-374237E60145.jpeg

You can’t tell just by looking at it. They all look the same, Mine looks like that and I have adaptive cruise. You probably need to stick your hand behind there see if you can feel the module or any cables. 

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

You can’t tell just by looking at it. They all look the same, Mine looks like that and I have adaptive cruise. You probably need to stick your hand behind there see if you can feel the module or any cables. 

Yes, correct I have felt behind and theirs nothing there.

Feels hollow.

in torchlight it looks like there’s a part sat an inch or 2 behind that. 

1 hour ago, PLB said:

Hi, Brian, can you please confirm.

Have you got a radar unit fitted in the location discussed and shown in the photo?

Yes below number plate. I thought this was standard feature across the range .

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

30 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Apparently not.

Although, my emergency assist is definitely working as it’s triggered several times alerting me with a large flashing red box and a loud audible beeping sound.

Not sure why I’d get a warning about radar if the car hasn’t got one. 

Just back from the dealership.  They say the plastic square is all I need to clean and I won't feel any wires etc behind it.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Just back from the dealership.  They say the plastic square is all I need to clean and I won't feel any wires etc behind it.  

Thanks for the update.

Curiosity has got the better of me. :confused1:

I am taking my car in next week for a convenience check and I will ask them to physically show me where the front radar unit is mounted.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, PLB said:

Thanks for the update.

Curiosity has got the better of me. :confused1:

I am taking my car in next week for a convenience check and I will ask them to physically show me where the front radar unit is mounted.

Make sure and post the outcome on here please. 

It's a square box behind the square panel in the grill below number plate . You can just see it with a connector plugged into  right side.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

It's a square box behind the square panel in the grill below number plate . You can just see it with a connector plugged into  right side.

Yes, that’s what I assumed but apparently Alex.S dealer says “the plastic square is all I need to clean and I won't feel any wires etc behind it:unsure:

1 hour ago, PLB said:

Yes, that’s what I assumed but apparently Alex.S dealer says “the plastic square is all I need to clean and I won't feel any wires etc behind it:unsure:

Must be a single cable connecting it. Looks and feels like a useless piece of plastic to me..I’m sure it’s cleverer than I’ll ever understand. 

1 hour ago, Comares2001 said:

I’ve had a right good look at it there with an led torch..still don’t see the connection but I’d say it’s in some kind of metal housing 2 inch behind the grille.  Difficult to scale the photo on eBay

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club