Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To: Focus MK3 SYNC 3 upgrade for Bluetooth Voice Control (BVC) cars from 2011, 2012 and 2013

JPW

Try this (from another forum)

Managed to get it working by putting 05 = Front/Rear PDC SAPP (EU Display) in 7D0-04-02: ##XX-## and the park assist setting in BCM with FOCCCUS to similar - “#59 park assist, front and rear with sapp”. 

On 10/7/2023 at 7:01 PM, Stjames said:

Completed sync3 upgrade thanks to this guide, thank you so much. Given a New spark of life for my 2011 titanium x 

everything is working as it should apart from assist parking (parallel park) I’ve updated the firmware of my PAM but still not working, so anytime it’s  activated it says driver cancelled. Have master reset sync after updating the PAM but still no joy 

PAM - BM5T-15k866-BM 

updated firmware to BM5T-15k866-BR 

if I was to purchase a near PAM will this resolve this error? Not completely bothered as don’t use the feature but still nice to have everything working 

provide a picture of the apim asbuilt

I converted my radio from BVC to Sync3.

Everything works perfectly I just can't see my parking sensors on the screen. All I hear is beeping. But no car with parking sensors in my screen.

Is this a setting in the asbuild?.

Now that Ford etis has gone, how do I get a different VIN number so I can do the coding?

Can I code without the As Built file?  I have all the parts ready to fit, but unable to obtain and As built file.

3 hours ago, videodj said:

Can I code without the As Built file?  I have all the parts ready to fit, but unable to obtain and As built file.

yes, the asbuilt just makes it easier. just programming accordingly through the drop down menu of the apim configuration (non-abuilt)

most of the settings are there, unless you need something specific. use the cyanlabs asbuilt database editor if you need more information

• Like 1

if the sync3 unit is from a focus and your car is a focus, it should fine. you will only need to edit parameters such as:

- reverse cam
- parking sensors
- parking sensors fl/pfl
- parking assist
etc.

Thanks, Sync 3 is from a Focus and going into a Focus, so shouldn't be too bad, I'll also take a look at cyanlabs.

I have a couple of questions, the APIM I have only has 1 usb port on the back, but the cable that came with it and the media hub has 2 usb port connections, am I missing something?  Will it work with just one cable?  I haven't built the new loom yet, but want to make sure I have everything before I start.

20231102_130019.thumb.jpg.d52ecee449b169aa74ba492375133354.jpg20231102_125949.thumb.jpg.ec5a9266e6ea42baca94f69d37e10bbb.jpg20231102_125915.thumb.jpg.a5b45158249c86b08bf7e12ea0f2f506.jpg

20231102_132053.jpg

Can anyone confirm if you only need to use one of the ACM connectors?  The new one has 2 plugs, but the guide only mentions 1 plug.  Also does anyone have the part number for the FCIM connector?  I'd like to complete my loom and avoid cutting any wires.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2023 at 5:05 PM, JPW said:

Try this (from another forum)

Managed to get it working by putting 05 = Front/Rear PDC SAPP (EU Display) in 7D0-04-02: ##XX-## and the park assist setting in BCM with FOCCCUS to similar - “#59 park assist, front and rear with sapp”. 

I can confirm that this solves the issue  👌

I fitted mine today, have coded yet, but can tune a radio station in and get sound, I've paired my phone, but only get a humming noise through the Speakers.  Is this because it isn't coded yet?

So coded and now have audio, and bluetooth, only issue I have is steering wheel controls not working.  I have an error code for steering wheel pack.  I have rechecked all the wiring and all connections are to the correct pins, any idea where to look to fix?  I'm not sure if i missed some in forscan as I didn't have a file to upload.

Ok, so it maybe the buttons them self on the wheel, currently they do the wrong functions, such as volume down skips back and voice button raises volume, then stop working when engine is running, so will have to remove them and have a look.

However, the other issue I have is that the reverse guide lines have disappeared, all I get is the park assist boxes, again not sure if I missed something in Forscan.  Also don't have the little picture of the car on the screen to show sensors, like I have on my Kuga.

On 10/18/2023 at 9:21 PM, maartenford said:

I converted my radio from BVC to Sync3.

Everything works perfectly I just can't see my parking sensors on the screen. All I hear is beeping. But no car with parking sensors in my screen.

Is this a setting in the asbuild?.

Did you resolve this?  I have the same issue.

Did you replaced the ACM? if so you need to make some changes in,to make it easy you have to copy the as built from one with the same part number as yours.

Did you resolve this?  I have the same issue.

No worries, finally got this issue resolved, just need to get the parking lines working again.  I'm sure it's config as worked before the change and before I used Focccus, but have checked again and everything looks correct.  For anyone else having issues with parking sensors, the settings are changed are below:

Forscan

APIM (As BUilt)

7D0-01-01    xBxx-xxxx-xxxx
7D0-02-02    x3xx-xxxx-xxxx
7D02-02-02    xxxx-Bxxx-xxxx
7D0-04-02     xx05-xxxx

And for the record, these are my BCM settings in Focccus

BCM

#99 Park Assist Camrera     With Park Assist Camera
#59 Parking Assistance        Parking Assistance, Front and rear with SAPP
#203 Wheel Speed Sensor Type    With direction (Auto Parking)

2 hours ago, Ghano said:

Did you replaced the ACM? if so you need to make some changes in,to make it easy you have to copy the as built from one with the same part number as yours.

This was all sorted when I completed the coding.

5 hours ago, videodj said:

Ok, so it maybe the buttons them self on the wheel, currently they do the wrong functions, such as volume down skips back and voice button raises volume, then stop working when engine is running, so will have to remove them and have a look.

However, the other issue I have is that the reverse guide lines have disappeared, all I get is the park assist boxes, again not sure if I missed something in Forscan.  Also don't have the little picture of the car on the screen to show sensors, like I have on my Kuga.

Ok, so researched some more and it could well be a coding issue, because I could not get an .abf due to ETIS no longer being available, I manually edited the APIM.  From what I've found it has to know what controls you have, however the list of options is very long.  Could anyone who has this working ok, check their APIM as built file for the following?  The last 2 digits of this entry determine the steering wheel controls.  Currently mine is set to "68=EP On, EPT 60 minutes (FoE), CM BCM (C1MCA and CGEA 1.3), MC Disabled, SWC Not Available", I assume means no music control and no voice control.

7D0-01-01 xx**-xxxx-xxxx

Still trying to figure out the steering wheel controls, other than that everything works as expected, and I replaced the single port USB hub with a dual one, just waiting for adapter plate from Ali Express as the new hub is smaller, but overall really happy with the upgrade.  I built my own loom, only wiring in-car was to the ODB2 port and while I was at it I added a hidden charger socket for my phone charge to reduce wire clutter.  Car Play and Android Auto work well, I'm using a wireless adapter for AA, as preferable over a cable.

Next job when is to update the software, but need to wait for a longish drive and seems to take ages to update.

Hello,

I have a few questions, the display for my FCDIM (MFD5) is breaking down and I don't want to replace it as I don't use the navigation anyway.

I have a 2011 model which is with BT/VC but have decided to replace it with a sync 1 from a 2015 F1ET which I have partially completed.

I need to select the correct APIM for this and the type of wires I need to buy to connect this to the APIM and the rest of the components.

Will the wiring description be the same for sync 1 as described above for sync3?

Have any of you done this modification before?

Does anyone have a diagram for sync 1 with colour screen for ford focus mk3 FL?

Sync 1 Ford Focus MK3 Lift 2015 rok USA

image.jpeg

sync 2.jpg

The wiring for Sync 1 is different to Sync 3, there is a another thread regarding upgrading sync 1 to sync 3.  Not sure it's worth the hassle for sync 1.  if you use the pinout link at the start of this thread you could probably adapt it to work with sync 1.

On 12/1/2023 at 4:16 PM, videodj said:

Still trying to figure out the steering wheel controls, other than that everything works as expected, and I replaced the single port USB hub with a dual one, just waiting for adapter plate from Ali Express as the new hub is smaller, but overall really happy with the upgrade.  I built my own loom, only wiring in-car was to the ODB2 port and while I was at it I added a hidden charger socket for my phone charge to reduce wire clutter.  Car Play and Android Auto work well, I'm using a wireless adapter for AA, as preferable over a cable.

Next job when is to update the software, but need to wait for a longish drive and seems to take ages to update.

So finally got it all working, I clearly can't count and had the steering wheel wires out by 1 pin on the APIM connector.  When I checked my APIM was still on sync 2.2, so I used Cyanlabs to update to 3.4 and latest maps, took about 50 minutes to update.  I'm also using my AA wireless adapter for Android Auto, which works great and it also will now work with Car Play, so can now use either which is great when I need to connect my work phone.  Really happy with the end result and has brought new life to the car.  Next job to update my wife's Kuga to 3.4.

20231205_182606.jpg

Has anyone who upgrade and updated to 3.4 managed to get directions on the IPC?  I've got the option in the menu, but don't get any directions.  I've got allbthe options added to the APIM, wondering if I need a mk3.5 IPC?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club