Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like seeing a brand new red Ford Mustang parked in someone's driveway as I drove to Dingwall today for the Volvo!  Very nice looking vehicle... :cool:

I think there's about 5 or 6 of them up here now! Getting kinda common :unsure:

Well done on the Volvo :wink:

I think there's about 5 or 6 of them up here now! Getting kinda common unsure.png

Well done on the Volvo wink.png

I've seen a few around too, I've definitely seen the red one heading towards Castle Stewart

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I've seen a few around too, I've definitely seen the red one heading towards Castle Stewart

Can't say I've seen that one, but the one I passed today was near Muir of Ord.

• Like 1

I do like relaxing in front of the television with a bourbon after a stressful day!!

• Like 1

My other half has a V40 Estate - 1.8 petrol, but that also looks rough as :laugh:

She used to say it went well...until I flew past her in the Mondeo as we joined a motorway - I was told to err...go away when I mentioned that I'd done it in 6th

Her V40 does need a service though...got all the bits, so guess what I'm likely to be doing this week (bear in mind she is a fully qualified mechanic)

The cheeky cow :laugh:

11 hours ago, SeanW said:

My other half has a V40 Estate - 1.8 petrol, but that also looks rough as :laugh:

She used to say it went well...until I flew past her in the Mondeo as we joined a motorway - I was told to err...go away when I mentioned that I'd done it in 6th

Her V40 does need a service though...got all the bits, so guess what I'm likely to be doing this week (bear in mind she is a fully qualified mechanic)

The cheeky cow :laugh:

They are good cars.  Not as solid as the old "boxes" of the 1980s, but still decent machines, if you get past the dodgy electrics, which lets face it all Volvos suffer with.

Our old one was the 1.8 petrol, which was a good engine and quite sprightly even with the 4-speed automatic. 

I do like a fruitful visit to Tesco reduced isle!  Among miscellaneous items I bought a very nice pie for my tea, vastly reduced from the original RRP...

WP_20170402_17_29_35_Pro.thumb.jpg.bc4af51c0c5b1c76570ffb9856bf4023.jpg

It says it serves two, but unless it doubles in size (or my stomach halves) during cooking, it will only do me!!

• Like 3

I do like getting the V40 cleaned up this afternoon!  It is rough around the edges to say the least (bumpers held on with bolts, resprays that don't match original colour, rust etc...) but nothing is falling off and it looks OK for what it is. 

WP_20170402_19_10_50_Pro.thumb.jpg.3ae1fb44b9afdec9a641062a3e7d8c0a.jpgWP_20170402_19_11_01_Pro.thumb.jpg.369612819db53d0c32142f59147044b1.jpg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like getting the V40 cleaned up this afternoon!  It is rough around the edges to say the least (bumpers held on with bolts, resprays that don't match original colour, rust etc...) but nothing is falling off and it looks OK for what it is. 

Looks great,

If you get some "smooth peanut butter spread" and an old sock,

wax It in to the black plastic bits on bumpers and door panels it will bring it back to black due to the peanut oil 👍

leave it on for few hours to soak in them either let the dog at it or wash it off 

• Like 1

Just now, Lenny said:

Looks great,

If you get some "smooth peanut butter spread" and an old sock,

wax It in to the black plastic bits on bumpers and door panels it will bring it back to black due to the peanut oil 👍

Good tip!  I am happy with the car and for £132 it is a bargain.  All four tyres are Toyo Proxes which were replaced 3,000 miles ago and the brake discs and pads were replaced for the last MOT which was 1,000 miles ago.  The tyres and brakes alone as parts would be worth £132 at least. 

• Like 1

Just now, jmurray01 said:

Good tip!  I am happy with the car and for £132 it is a bargain.  All four tyres are Toyo Proxes which were replaced 3,000 miles ago and the brake discs and pads were replaced for the last MOT which was 1,000 miles ago.  The tyres and brakes alone as parts would be worth £132 at least. 

Great deal you got there mate 👍

Had the tailgate trim rubbing issue (known by Ford) on my car, Ford uninterested in even contributing the vinyl pieces to cover the repair I would have to pay for, so bought some colour match paint off eBay for £3ish. It was advertised as not requiring laquer which is always a bonus. Had a slight issue with postage where a fair bit leaked in transit, and an unhelpful eBay seller, but otherwise ok.

Cleaned up the areas on the tailgate, and had to remove a lot more paint than i would have wanted to due to it bubbling. Also an area on my o/s/r body/door that needed covering, and a stone chip on my bonnet. All cleaned up with IPA, treated with T-cut Rust Magic, and covered with a couple of coats of the paint.

Very impressed so far with the colour match. Needs a couple more coats due to the level difference on the tailgate, but you can't even see the repair to the o/s/r body/door unless you go and look at it. Also a much cheaper option than the entire panel respray I was being quoted!

On my old Focus the rear washer pipe rubbed on the paintwork.   When I got it the paint was just starting to thin and the primer peeking through. 

I just whacked a bit of gaffa tape over it and added it to the "to-do list"

It was still there when I traded it in last August - almost 4 years later (same bit of tape!!)

On Saturday, April 01, 2017 at 3:57 PM, Jonro2009 said:

Where in the world are you? I saw a brand new Aston today, it was a lovely grey on a 17 plate which I've never seen around here before. Amazing engine noise from it especially when you are on the high street with building either side of the road

That certainly sounds like ours, although we are in Surrey, so a fair distance away! 

But here it is...

20170401_223326.thumb.jpg.de95fdf7bffebb211c314d98f405c155.jpg

And today, we went to the Simply Aston Martin show at Beaulieu Motor Museum, a great day out, met a few people from Pistonheads and there were over 300 other Astons there. Beautiful weather too! What more could you want?! 

20170402_120851.thumb.jpg.173755283a7f95d61a0de7200f7575ad.jpg

People kept getting in my pictures! It attracted lots of attention, as there were only another 5 or so DB11's present.

If I'd had the final say on the colour... :wub:

20170402_120926.thumb.jpg.54383bffff18c8d14f5adf7e0b3c0caa.jpg

Still prefer the Rangie though (and of course my beloved Focus, I for one am convinced it would beat the Aston in a drag race :wink:)

Lovely to see British engineering at its best! 

20170401_170708.thumb.jpg.c4e5542e700cc57103dfeba44cb3e381.jpg

• Like 4

Very nice Chris!!  It is also the first 17-plate I've seen despite being released over a month ago. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Very nice Chris!!  It is also the first 17-plate I've seen despite being released over a month ago. 

You have just been released a month ago or the 17-plate has 😁

• Like 3

I do like that Spring has arrived with a vengeance, no more dressing up in multiple fleeces to take Pipper for her strolls.:smile: and what with the lighter evenings, I may be finally able to tackle the ever growing pile of mods/upgrades to add to the Mk2:smile:

After some encouragement (involving stinky sticks and bits of pig), Pipper has been persuaded to use both lawns and the flower beds for her ablutions, distributing the damage her urine does to the grass.  The lower lawn, which she had been using exclusively has about 35% damage on it now, it needs to recover:ohmy:

• Like 1

That's a beauty Chris, it wasn't a DB11 I saw though. Your dad's is much nicer, a real head turner! Would love to see a few pictures of the interior if you have any

• Like 1

I really really really like this beauty I saw in Barnsley whilst delivering.
Best colour. Full black mint leather interior and a perfect zorst.
Nuff Sed

1491318610341.jpg

Hope this better quality picture

1491318952778.jpg
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

1491318952778.jpg

I loved that colour:smile:

2 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

1491318952778.jpg

Beautiful!!  Shame about that exhaust though, but that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2017 at 5:22 PM, jmurray01 said:

I do like Smooth radio.  One station that plays almost no modern music!!

I used to listen to Smooth a lot when studying for my exams back when I was at uni, so I can certainly appreciate the older stuff. Though nowadays I've done a complete u-turn and listen to mostly Kiss/Kisstory. :biggrin:

I do like that Pipper doesn't suffer from separation anxiety:smile:, I've had to leave her behind twice today, once for the opticians and once for food business client.  She just slept in her armchair until i returned. :smile:Whereas Brandy would've howled non-stop and tried to break out to find me.:mellow:

3 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

1491318952778.jpg

Very Nice:smile:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club