Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

10 hours ago, Zico said:

@TomsFocus if I remember you have an Xbox so you can watch Prime via the Xbox app from the MS store.

Ah, I didn't know that, very interesting!  

• Like 1

I do like the timescale box that's been introduced between posts in threads since the update.  The '4 months later...' looks like the sarcastic, impatience screens such as those seen on Top Gear when it took hours to complete a simple task. :laugh: 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like the timescale box that's been introduced between posts in threads since the update.  The '4 months later...' looks like the sarcastic, impatience screens such as those seen on Top Gear when it took hours to complete a simple task. :laugh: 

It also reminded me of of some of those baffling TV dramas. The ones that jump between time zones and you keep getting "6 months previously" then "4 weeks later" etc. And does it mean earlier or later than the point where it first started or from the last time it jumped to?!😳

• Haha 1

I do like the Christmas themed routes that are being created 🎄

Pal of mine in Shetland shared a post by the Lerwick lifeboat of their training route last night.

Knowing a couple of our local crew and also aware that Tuesday night is their training night I challenged them to do something similar 😃

First pic is the Lerwick one, second is the Kirkwall effort 👏👏👏

132016676_3489852821133987_3608527848573991855_n.jpg

132566101_2810148299204466_7654106309463180446_n.jpg

• Like 1

I do like that tomorrow Christmas will come and go and then that will be one less thing for people to go mad about!

Also I must admit I did like doing an unintentional burnout in the rear wheel drive Volvo earlier today when pulling out of an icy junction 🙄😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like that tomorrow Christmas will come and go and then that will be one less thing for people to go mad about!

Also I must admit I did like doing an unintentional burnout in the rear wheel drive Volvo earlier today when pulling out of an icy junction 🙄😂

I hope the covid infection rate doesn't go up quicker after tomorrow or some time after. Seems like the new strain which the government took action on 2 months after its discovery is spreading quicker.

Can't go wrong doing a cheeky burnout. I haven't gone out my house in 3 weeks when I was sick with covid and felt so much better. I realised when your stuck at home you really ruminate about stuff and start thinking negatively about things which you've imagined

• Like 1

I do like only having 23Hr 17Min left of Christmas then we can look forward to 2021 and getting back to an increased level of normality.

I've invested heavily in Christmas for my kids this year; even created gift boxes for Christmas Eve; containing presents to make up for the absence of relations calling with gifts, 

But personally I can't wait for it to be over, 

• Like 1

It's that time of year again guys. 

What's everyone up to this Christmas? I'm just lieing on my bed doing my mortgage advisor course 😂. This probably was the worst year of my life and I hope God helps change that next year

21 hours ago, zain611 said:

I hope the covid infection rate doesn't go up quicker after tomorrow or some time after. Seems like the new strain which the government took action on 2 months after its discovery is spreading quicker.

Can't go wrong doing a cheeky burnout. I haven't gone out my house in 3 weeks when I was sick with covid and felt so much better. I realised when your stuck at home you really ruminate about stuff and start thinking negatively about things which you've imagined

Sorry to hear you contracted COVID Zain!  One of my friends and her husband caught it too but thankfully they fully recovered. 

Next year has to be better!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

Sorry to hear you contracted COVID Zain!  One of my friends and her husband caught it too but thankfully they fully recovered. 

Next year has to be better!

Thanks man, thankfully I've recovered from it. Still haven't got my sense of taste and smell back yet. Hope next year is my year I start my career out and start working for my goals

• Like 1

I do like spending boxing day watching Carry On films and eating crap!!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like spending boxing day watching Carry On films and eating crap!!

I'm so glad there was a period in history when such movies were allowed to be made, even watched the 'On the Buses' movie last night - young'uns would recoil in horror at the political incorrectness of it all LOL 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I'm so glad there was a period in history when such movies were allowed to be made, even watched the 'On the Buses' movie last night - young'uns would recoil in horror at the political incorrectness of it all LOL 🤣

A clip of 'Til Death Us Do Part' cropped up on my YouTube feed thingy the other day and to tell you the truth I was cringing a bit! 😳

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I know, I really do think I was born in the wrong year!!

• Like 1

Just now, Turvey said:

A clip of 'Til Death Us Do Part' cropped up on my YouTube feed thingy the other day and to tell you the truth I was cringing a bit! 😳

mmm... I didn't even like that show when it was originally aired! For a 'comedy' show, it lacked an important ingredient - 'comedy'!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

mmm... I didn't even like that show when it was originally aired! For a 'comedy' show, it lacked an important ingredient - 'comedy'!

I was 10 when it ended so was probably too young to watch it at the time.

I do like my new Sony 5.1 surround sound system. It's a sound bar (3 speakers), 2 rear Speakers and a sub. 
I also like the fact that it connects to my TV via HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) so no matter what I'm watching/playing, the audio is always there without me having to change the input source. 
The sound quality is brilliant and the bass is good (until you put the volume on the sub to 30 when it starts to reduce the power of the bass). 
It actually rattles my walls, floor and windows when in use so gonna have to be careful of volume when my downstairs neighbour is home. 

I also like my new Sony Bravia 55" 4K UHD Android TV. The picture is amazing, especially in vivid mode and it runs the PS5 at 120hz in 4K so the gameplay is super smooth. Everything is upscaled to 4K HDR even if the video is only 1080p. It's a full array LED tv (FALD) and won't suffer from screen burn like OLED systems do. 
I can also control all devices connected via HDMI such as PlayStations and Cable boxes without messing around with different remotes. 
I also like that the TV came with a 5 year guarantee so if it screws up, it's covered. 

• Like 3

My latest outing. Went to get food for my grandparents and after dropping off my mum there thought I'd stop and get some pictures outside my old primary school just down the road from there

Screenshot_20201228-193148~2.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zain611 said:

My latest outing. Went to get food for my grandparents and after dropping off my mum there thought I'd stop and get some pictures outside my old primary school just down the road from there

Screenshot_20201228-193148~2.png

Bad boy for life 😅 

hope you were playing pink Floyd we don't need no education, we don't need no traction control, do some doughnuts in the carpark, teacher stand in the middle instead of a cone..

Do some doughnuts then rally home, 

• Haha 1

I like that I learnt to drive in cars that you had to drive. No driver aids at all.   No abs, no psu, let alone ***** cameras and *****.  So I will always feel superior to the kids of today 😃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

I like that I learnt to drive in cars that you had to drive. No driver aids at all.   No abs, no psu, let alone ***** cameras and *****.  So I will always feel superior to the kids of today 😃

Same here. No ABS, no power steering, no reversing aids (sensors or cameras), no auto park, no collision avoidance/radar guidance and no cruise control. 
Tbh I prefer the feel of being fully in control rather than a machine doing the work. 

No heating in my first car unless I popped the bonnet open And turned the tap on. That's called fully in control!! 

3 hours ago, iantt said:

No heating in my first car unless I popped the bonnet open And turned the tap on. That's called fully in control!! 

What about some of the first valve radios under the bonnet, they where as big as the heater radiator box it sat next to . My friend in the 70’s had a Sunbeam Rapier with a mounted record player in the parcel shelf under the glove box . He was so suave and sophisticated 😀

1 hour ago, Robhonda said:

What about some of the first valve radios under the bonnet, they where as big as the heater radiator box it sat next to . My friend in the 70’s had a Sunbeam Rapier with a mounted record player in the parcel shelf under the glove box . He was so suave and sophisticated 😀

I remember valve radios, if you had them on low they were hard to hear over the top of the humming noise that came from the power pack under the bonnet. I remember the first and only record player that I fitted to a customers car they never caught on as 8 track tapes soon followed.

6 hours ago, iantt said:

When I started driving in the early '60's heaters were optional extras, most people had them but there were quite a few cars that didn't, also not many had screen washers people used to keep a squeezy bottle in the car and squirt it on the windscreen whilst they were driving.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club