Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

On 5/1/2021 at 12:01 AM, Zico said:

Broken link Zain

Screenshot_20210426-230047~2.png

• Like 1

Finally getting some time to look at my car 😁

• Like 1

Coming soon 😁

6E30DF1D-8EEA-4C0F-9375-D7C0AD7A7116.jpeg

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Coming soon 😁

Just the badge? :tongue:

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Just the badge? :tongue:

Yeah 😂

Just now, dtulip8 said:

Yeah 😂

Well I'm sure it'll look lovely!  Mounted on the dashboard right? :biggrin:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Coming soon 😁

Is it a fiesta ST in that limited edition? Forgotten the name 😅

• Like 2

Looks weird seeing the wheels like this 😅. Put the standard wheel there as there was a nail in one of the wheels which I need changing. 

Looking at getting Uniroyal rainsport 5 for both front tires

Screenshot_20210507-201102~2.png

• Like 1

Oh, I have one of those LOL

1742555717_newgrillbadge.thumb.jpg.f31bd616d2a207daabc24a9be998cb82.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Well I'm sure it'll look lovely!  Mounted on the dashboard right? :biggrin:

It will 😂

19 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Is it a fiesta ST in that limited edition? Forgotten the name 😅

The Performance Edition? It’s not one of those, it’s a MK2 Focus ST

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Oh, I have one of those LOL

1742555717_newgrillbadge.thumb.jpg.f31bd616d2a207daabc24a9be998cb82.jpg

Has the "d" or " I" fallen off or are you still going to the clinic? 😂😂

• Like 2

I'm not sure if this is a like or don't like...

I noticed that my rear tyres are cracked, and the car's going for service and MOT in two weeks time. The rears are still the original 6 year old Bridgestone Potenzas, so I guess at least this means I'll have Pilot Sport 4s all round afterwards.

11 hours ago, iantt said:

Has the "d" or " I" fallen off or are you still going to the clinic? 😂😂

Now, that's just cruel LOL Do you know how hard is is to get a badge with, 'STephen'?? 🤣

13 hours ago, zain611 said:

Looks weird seeing the wheels like this 😅. Put the standard wheel there as there was a nail in one of the wheels which I need changing. 

Looking at getting Uniroyal rainsport 5 for both front tires

Screenshot_20210507-201102~2.png

New tires should always go on the rear of the vehicle as having more grip on the front tires will cause Scandinavian drift when on roundabouts or sharp corners.

In such cases steer in to the skid and freestyle it out like a boss 😛🤙

• Like 2

Today was my first time using self leveling concrete, 

Having watched many YouTube videos and hearing about one of my sister & her husband's experience with using it; I understood that it's not just a case of mixing pouring then going out for a cigarette break job done 😂

After mixing and pouring; you need to move it around to assist in leveling as it's much like really fine grain of sand.

Preparation was to clean the area then paint the floor with PVA glue and allow it to dry because apparently; the self leveling concrete won't bond to existing concrete without a mediator.

So the PVA was done last night, then today I put a mixing bar on to the drill aswell as a bucket, mixed 5kg of Bostick self leveling concrete to 2 litres of water then poured it on the floor which required leveling;

IMG-20210508-WA0004.thumb.jpg.e0c008d68279311a1f91d636917300f9.jpg

IMG-20210508-WA0003.thumb.jpg.59bbd9e24d3f9e82071ae58ea3e8f196.jpg

Worked it around the floor followed by using a long plank of wood which made contact with two areas of level floor inside the living room and in the hallway, 

Myself and Vicki then moved it across the top to smooth out the self leveling concrete to create a consistently level area prior to leaving it now to set.

IMG-20210508-WA0000.thumb.jpg.481d65f4274c4de922d57f5a7c0b8053.jpg

IMG-20210508-WA0012.thumb.jpg.43bcd3db5c2032e178195d5675e25963.jpg

IMG-20210508-WA0009.thumb.jpg.33d8b7a133857f74273ef88abcea0b77.jpg

And now 😲 ow no, I'm trapped in the living room in front of the television for the next four hours until the stuff sets and I can walk on it 🤭 guess I can't do anything else for a while 👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have the joys of self-levelling concrete to look forward to. Had to take up the kitchen tiles this week due to a water leak, and found that the kitchen tiles are on top of tile cement, which is on top of lino, which is on top of lino adhesive, which is on top of more tiles. It's like an archaeologists dream. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, erictcleric said:

I have the joys of self-levelling concrete to look forward to. Had to take up the kitchen tiles this week due to a water leak, and found that the kitchen tiles are on top of tile cement, which is on top of lino, which is on top of lino adhesive, which is on top of more tiles. It's like an archaeologists dream. 

I think I saw your floor in an episode of Time Team with Tony Robinson LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigLen said:

Today was my first time using self leveling concrete, 

Having watched many YouTube videos and hearing about one of my sister & her husband's experience with using it; I understood that it's not just a case of mixing pouring then going out for a cigarette break job done 😂

After mixing and pouring; you need to move it around to assist in leveling as it's much like really fine grain of sand.

Preparation was to clean the area then paint the floor with PVA glue and allow it to dry because apparently; the self leveling concrete won't bond to existing concrete without a mediator.

So the PVA was done last night, then today I put a mixing bar on to the drill aswell as a bucket, mixed 5kg of Bostick self leveling concrete to 2 litres of water then poured it on the floor which required leveling;

IMG-20210508-WA0004.thumb.jpg.e0c008d68279311a1f91d636917300f9.jpg

IMG-20210508-WA0003.thumb.jpg.59bbd9e24d3f9e82071ae58ea3e8f196.jpg

Worked it around the floor followed by using a long plank of wood which made contact with two areas of level floor inside the living room and in the hallway, 

Myself and Vicki then moved it across the top to smooth out the self leveling concrete to create a consistently level area prior to leaving it now to set.

IMG-20210508-WA0000.thumb.jpg.481d65f4274c4de922d57f5a7c0b8053.jpg

IMG-20210508-WA0012.thumb.jpg.43bcd3db5c2032e178195d5675e25963.jpg

IMG-20210508-WA0009.thumb.jpg.33d8b7a133857f74273ef88abcea0b77.jpg

And now 😲 ow no, I'm trapped in the living room in front of the television for the next four hours until the stuff sets and I can walk on it 🤭 guess I can't do anything else for a while 👍🏻

You could spend part of those fours hours reminding yourself to order a kneel mat for future DIY jobs 👍

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Wino said:

You could spend part of those fours hours reminding yourself to order a kneel mat for future DIY jobs 👍

Well spotted 🤷🏼‍♂️

I have knee pads which I purchased in Aldi a few years ago but I forgot to bring them home,

I keep them in my locker at work as I tend to use them more often there when cleaning process equipment rather than at home.

Work would supply a set where I wouldn't need to supply my own; but I've saw others ask for such items and it's sometimes viewed as a weakness  or an excuse to get out of doing the task, so I just brought in my own rather than saying anything.

1 hour ago, erictcleric said:

Our kitchen floor needs to be leveled too but I'm not confident enough to take on the task of doing it because it's such a large area, 

The living room was easy enough as I could span a plank across the dip to make contact with a level surface on both ends, 

The kitchen though I think I'd need a Lazer level and some screws or nails to find a level point; then put screws or nails down to mark the height which the floor would need to be brought up to; to make it level aswell as trying to keep our dog out would be difficult, 

He's very upset about not being allowed in to the living room for this four hours 😅

IMG_20201124_120826.thumb.jpg.de0d85d207d237ac3df6b614c24aadfa.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigLen said:

Well spotted 🤷🏼‍♂️

I have knee pads which I purchased in Aldi a few years ago but I forgot to bring them home,

I keep them in my locker at work as I tend to use them more often there when cleaning process equipment rather than at home.

Work would supply a set where I wouldn't need to supply my own; but I've saw others ask for such items and it's sometimes viewed as a weakness  or an excuse to get out of doing the task, so I just brought in my own rather than saying anything.

Lol. It's not a sign of weakness at all, far from it. It's called looking after yourself and making tasks easier and more comfortable.

It's also part of HSE which shouldnt be left at work if you are doing jobs around the house.

It becomes second nature along with risk assessments etc etc. 

When I started this job in the warehouse at the end of August I got the supervisor a verbal warning for instructing a fellow work colleague to do a task that involved him to kneel on the floor after only being there 3 days.

My point was He (The Supervisor) should know better. When I first asked him why he told the guy to carry on without the kneel pads after I asked him why, his answer was .... it's only a five minute job ... not the point so I went and asked his supervisor, who was far from happy to say the least.

• Like 1

Fitted bigger focus ST 300mm brakes on 👌

Screenshot_20210508-201529~2.png

Screenshot_20210508-201600~2.png

Screenshot_20210508-201808~2.png

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Fitted bigger focus ST 300mm brakes on 👌

Screenshot_20210508-201529~2.png

Screenshot_20210508-201600~2.png

Screenshot_20210508-201808~2.png

Looking great inside the rims, some cross drilled & grooved discs would really compliment the appearance, 

Have you noticed much of a contribution to the unsprung mass  when taking off in 1st gear ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigLen said:

Looking great inside the rims, some cross drilled & grooved discs would really compliment the appearance, 

Have you noticed much of a contribution to the unsprung mass  when taking off in 1st gear ? 

I don't think my dad was keen of me getting any fancy looking discs 😂.

You know speaking about unsprung weight I drove the car around the block to try and bed in the brakes. I'm not sure if accelerations is very slightly decreased 😭. Not entirely sure as if yet as I just booted it a little after the coolant temperature hit optimum levels.

• Sad 1

Made a guide fitting my brakes in if anyones interested. Did have to drill the hub which was the only real work.

Screenshot_20210509-123738~2.png

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club