Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

1 minute ago, Wino said:

Is this a Quiz ?

Cars ...yes have one

Beer.....yes but mainly Craft Ales

Cider....yes, nowt wrong with a bit of Scrumpy 

B roads.... mmmmm yes. Use them quite often.

Pubs....Not been in one for a while tbh.

Clubs....Don't play Golf and if it's referring to the biscuit then it's got to be Minty.

Life before COVID....Not much difference tbh.

Did I do well and am I eligible for a Brucie bonus 🤔

I see that I was very vague in some way 😂. From a university student's perspective life has been quite different. And meaning clubs I mean nightclubs 😂.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hilljamie17 said:

I see that I was very vague in some way 😂. From a university student's perspective life has been quite different. And meaning clubs I mean nightclubs 😂.

I thought you meant car clubs!!! ( Ford owners club obviously.) 

Obviously not!! 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Wino said:

Is this a Quiz ?

This is a newish member reading just the first page...  :biggrin:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, hilljamie17 said:

Nightclubs ? Do they still exist lol. Thought raves and random meets en masse in a field was all the thing nowadays 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i remember  nightclubs had specific days for different age groups.

thursday was my night ( slightly older and none the wiser age bracket. over 25's

it was known as grab a granny, shag a slag night. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, iantt said:

I thought you meant car clubs!!! ( Ford owners club obviously.) 

Obviously not!! 

Well I do like car clubs too! 😂

12 hours ago, Wino said:

Nightclubs ? Do they still exist lol. Thought raves and random meets en masse in a field was all the thing nowadays 🤔

They're being safe and social distancing!

I was too young for the 90s rave scene, which is a shame as I do like a bit of acid house!  I'd also like to have gone to a proper 80s club in Miami with the neon's and the palm trees...never was interested in a crowded UK club with sticky floors in the late 00's.  Spent most of my late teens in carparks looking at 90s car with cheap, questionable mods instead.  

Clubs?  I like the raisin one but all they seem to do these days is mint or orange.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Clubs?  I like the raisin one but all they seem to do these days is mint or orange.

Do you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit? 

On that subject...I don't like that all the biscuits on offer in Tesco this week are chocolate coated, who wants that kind of mess in a heatwave!? 😮  (Yeah, yeah, wrong thread lol)

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Do you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit? 

On that subject...I don't like that all the biscuits on offer in Tesco this week are chocolate coated, who wants that kind of mess in a heatwave!? 😮  (Yeah, yeah, wrong thread lol)

Plain dark chocolate only on biscuits and always keep them in the fridge 😉

• Like 3

18 hours ago, hilljamie17 said:

Lol at least you don't have to go in. Last year hadn't had to go in for half my course. Did get a little depressing though being at home.

9 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Lol at least you don't have to go in. Last year hadn't had to go in for half my course. Did get a little depressing though being at home.

I’m in my 3rd year now. My first year was great cause everything was running as normal but 2nd year was completely different. Hoping 3rd year will be a bit better 😂

6 minutes ago, hilljamie17 said:

I’m in my 3rd year now. My first year was great cause everything was running as normal but 2nd year was completely different. Hoping 3rd year will be a bit better 😂

At least your still studying. Finished back in September and due to still being in the downfall of covid there's hardly much jobs out there. Managed to get a healthcare support worker job in my local hospital and hopefully if I get flexible working can try and getting training in a mortgage broker to become a mortgage advisor. 

Hopefully when you graduate that time things may of gone back up for the economy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

At least your still studying. Finished back in September and due to still being in the downfall of covid there's hardly much jobs out there. Managed to get a healthcare support worker job in my local hospital and hopefully if I get flexible working can try and getting training in a mortgage broker to become a mortgage advisor. 

Hopefully when you graduate that time things may of gone back up for the economy.

Hopefully things will pick up again soon, I'm sure you'll find opportunities soon but I wish you the best of luck with it.

• Like 1

The only benefit to this hot weather...65mpg around town, whilst doing a regen. :laugh:

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The only benefit to this hot weather...65mpg around town, whilst doing a regen. :laugh:

I'm wondering how hot weather increases mpg. Can understand with the DPF regen as it gets to temps quicker.

17 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I'm wondering how hot weather increases mpg. Can understand with the DPF regen as it gets to temps quicker.

Exactly the same with the engine.  It uses more fuel when cold as it doesn't atomise as well, doesn't burn as efficiently, sone is lost to blowby past the cold rings and some sticks to the cylinder walls as well so need to run a richer mixture until warm.

• Like 1

I do like overcoming a third world problem which exists with modern outdoor technology, 

Perhaps I should patient this one and sell them as a kit, 

Modern outdoor floodlights are LED and I'm sure we can all agree they really are fantastic nice white light, 

But when they stop working; you have to replace the entire unit; unlike the halogen version where you could replace the bulb, 

And if you can't find a replacement which has a similar bracket to your existing unit; then your poor walls could see some extra holes being drilled; which is something I absolutely hate doing; drilling holes in the exterior walls of my home.

So to summerise; here's my original LED flood light which I fitted four years ago; lasted until recently and was fitted with two 12mm wall bolts.

20160710_161632_zpshd1bcuai.jpg.1640b173b008a51b17d149f7fd911aa8.jpg

Now; the replacement 50w LED floodlight has a slimmer bracket and it takes two 8mm bolts; unfortunately the bracket isint wide enough to drill out the 8mm holes to 12mm there simply isint enough bracket; plus the bracket doesn't span as wide as the original in order to meet both 12mm bolts, 

A right pain altogether; 

So this got me thinking; as there was absolutely no way; I was drilling holes in the outside wall again, 

I got some unibar from the maintenance workshop in work along with some end caps and spring inserts to take two 8mm bolts, 

IMG_20210603_200139.thumb.jpg.d222b2e4e839654d88d0e6f7a77015fb.jpg

These bolt holes can slide along the rail to accommodate any formation of bracket in the future or be changed to a bigger diameter socket if required, 

IMG_20210603_200124.thumb.jpg.395fe5afa4787b1e8c0c5077644ac98d.jpg

Bolted this to the wall using the two existing 12mm bolts, 

Then fitted the replacement flood light to it, completely future proof 👍🏻

IMG-20210603-WA0006.thumb.jpg.72167b6087789d2218a4011cb7eab429.jpg

The bracket is straight; the joint box is not straight but not as noticeable when the light is positioned correctly,

IMG-20210603-WA0007.thumb.jpg.b1e31440e8eff5cee98aa05e29d335ee.jpg

I'm very happy with this, didn't have a pliers today; to shorten the cable down and refit, but I'll get back to that this weekend, main thing is that it's up and operating, 

• Like 4

I understand what and why but personally I can't stand the sight of wires not just outdoor wires all of them from plugs to aerials.

Our outside lights are small solar ones and have been a great find. One above the back door and the other lower down on the wall ( so it lights up when the dog is outside .

Also put a bluetooth door ding dong bell the other day as fed up with the old one not working all the time and out up a rechargeable LED strip light on the walk in cupboard which reminds me the angle of tgecsensor on that one needs altering as it picks me up when I turn over in bed at night and lights the whole room up 🙄

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wino said:

I understand what and why but personally I can't stand the sight of wires not just outdoor wires all of them from plugs to aerials.

Our outside lights are small solar ones and have been a great find. One above the back door and the other lower down on the wall ( so it lights up when the dog is outside .

Also put a bluetooth door ding dong bell the other day as fed up with the old one not working all the time and put up a rechargeable LED strip light on the walk in cupboard which reminds me the angle of the sensor on that one needs altering as it picks me up when I turn over in bed at night and lights the whole room up 🙄

Sometimes a little bit of PVC tape on the edge of the sensor will work to stop it picking up movement, 

I took down the bell of our doorbell a few years ago now when painting the hall and have yet to replace it, bluetooth one sounds like a great job.

I too hate the sight of cables where possible; I've spent months routing cables inside partition walls aswell as reinstalling sky and virgin media RG6 coaxial cables behind skirting boards out of sight, also put the radiator pipes in the walls, 

Put floating box shelves in the bedrooms to house sattelite boxes and plugged televisions on walls in to sockets in the attic with digital time clocks so sun-fri night they switch off at 8pm but Fri&sat night they stay on until 10pm and come on from 6am but weekdays is 17:00-20:00 only 

All in my thread here: 

I still have to look at all the neighbours sattelite and virgin media cables running in all directions though; wish I could do all of there's so it looks like they don't have any installed just like mine, only see sattelite on the chimney and joint box in the corner of the house that's all. 

• Like 2

On 4/14/2020 at 1:35 PM, TomsFocus said:

£5 for an ST3 anyone? :wink: 

https://www.247competitions.com/product/competition-ford-fiesta-st-3/?fbclid=IwAR1VDElAVGfcH3cqvmOdof9RjFlQ28NY7oxscZwlt9-lDrxuYMx5AEEr__M

Do we have any car competition winners on here out of interest?  I know of at least 2 Mk6 Golfs that have been won through comps like this as well as a few show cars as well.  I'd be tempted if I had a bit of disposable income tbh, better chance than playing the lottery surely!

Another pal and exworkmate of mine has just won the black Lamborghini on one of those 'Win A Car' raffles! He won a Golf a couple of years ago as well! 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Another pal and exworkmate of mine has just won the black Lamborghini on one of those 'Win A Car' raffles!

We need a photo LOL

9 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

We need a photo LOL

Best I can do so far! I'm guessing he'll take the cash though 🤔

Screenshot_20210606-193630.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Best I can do so far! I'm guessing he'll take the cash though 🤔

I've been doing the BOTB competition for years now on and off, obviously, I've never won anything, just like what the company expect! LOL

• Like 1

I've still never entered any myself! 😮

Though tbf, I wouldn't be able to drive most of the comp cars anyway lol.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club