Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Yup, dogs have to stay in cars or if you're a foot passenger then they stay in their crate down stairs somewhere.

Weymouth no longer has a ferry to the channel islands, a contentious issue there!

The slow ferry from Portsmouth is 8 hours >.< horrid.

Fast ferry is pretty good, Pretzel isn't so bothered by it as she just guards the car and her food!

• Like 2

I could see me having to visit her every five minutes, with her separation anxiety

Have you heard of thunder blankets or thunder coats or something like that? They supposedly offer a money back guarantee, you wrap your dog up in it, like a jacket, but it's quite tight and supposedly stops them from worrying about loud noises and bangs etc, I don't know if it would work for any other issues like separation, I guess it acts like a big hug or something.

• Like 1

She's better than she was :)

It used to be seconds: now she can stand 5-10 minutes, before the howling starts.....

I didn't get round to trying the Pussers yesterday: tonight I definitely will

• Like 1

Have you heard of thunder blankets or thunder coats or something like that? They supposedly offer a money back guarantee, you wrap your dog up in it, like a jacket, but it's quite tight and supposedly stops them from worrying about loud noises and bangs etc, I don't know if it would work for any other issues like separation, I guess it acts like a big hug or something.

I'll have Google those :) , although she's not keen on duvets going over the top of her.

We had our first tot of gunpowder proof @ 13.00hrs - after returning from a wet & extremely windy pooch walk on Llanelli beach :(

• Like 1

We normally go to Burry Port beach or Pembrey country park for pooch walking - but it was too grim today :(

The Gower beaches in the summer are bliss, as are Pendine sands :)

• Like 1

It was windy on the Purbecks, but we didn't get any proper rain, half-committed drizzle every now and again.

We got out of the wind, in the forest near Bushey (where BP extract their oil) which was nice and sheltered, although rather boggy underfoot

Having sampled several tots now, following a breezy evening stroll, I can say, I too like Pussers gunpowder proof :)

• Like 2

The dog and I have returned from a 11 mile stroll, in what turned out to be the boggiest part of Dorset. The wind has dropped, so we didn't need hats today.

However, we got rather muddy, she acquired a mud tide mark right up to her underside! :huh: I gained two distinct mud levels on each jean leg and my green walking boots are now the colour of oiled oak

Rather lot of deep puddles, that upon inspection, were very deep (for puddles) :o

I prodded one suspicious looking puddle with a 6ft branch and was able to sink the entire length into the said puddle :o - I walked round that: Brandy swam through it and topped up her fur mud.

• Like 2

6ft puddle, that's one heck of a pothole lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6ft puddle, that's one heck of a pothole lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

It was in area, which is now wooded plantation and scrubland but many years ago was a brickworks come ball clay quarry.

• Like 1

I do like spending a Sunday evening with a glass of Chenin Blanc and some junk food. I also like having retired the old barely functing Dell OptiPlex 760 in favour of a 740 with double the RAM and a quad-core processor. Therefore the desktop is now back in action! I do like using the laptop from the comfort of my arm chair but prefer sitting at a desk from time to time.

I do like spending a Sunday evening with a glass of Chenin Blanc and some junk food. I also like having retired the old barely functing Dell OptiPlex 760 in favour of a 740 with double the RAM and a quad-core processor. Therefore the desktop is now back in action! I do like using the laptop from the comfort of my arm chair but prefer sitting at a desk from time to time.

I've gunpowder proof rum here (as recommended by Mark and Sean) and a satsuma.

Tonight's tea will feature a hot chili and tomato sauce, leeks and potatoes (freshly dug from the garden) and something fishy (haven't decided what yet - pollock would work as would tuna)

I have a spotted !Removed! (Richard for the censor) pudding awaiting steaming together some "yet to make" custard; to follow.

I rarely use a laptop from the comfort of an armchair, mostly a desktop from the equal comfort of my office chair; and occasionally my phone from a random position, that may,or may not be comfortable

• Like 2

Sorry, but I just thought of you with a rum in one hand and a satsuma in the other... Not sure why but I found that thought very funny :lol:

• Like 1

Who says you need money to be happy?

post-15085-0-41644200-1450028623_thumb.jpost-15085-0-22561200-1450028625_thumb.j

Well... I do, but that's not the point - you can have some level of happiness irrespective of your bank balance.

• Like 3

Sorry, but I just thought of you with a rum in one hand and a satsuma in the other... Not sure why but I found that thought very funny :lol:

Like the scales of justice?

or should that be scales of just juice :P

Like the scales of justice?

or should that be scales of just juice :P

I know which one I'd prefer... Mind you, a satsuma is rather satisfying.

I know which one I'd prefer... Mind you, a satsuma is rather satisfying.

Tesco have them on offer, two boxes joined my milk, bread and cat litter, last time.

I have a pair of uglies too, they're quite a pleasant satsuma grapefruit hybrid

Tesco have them on offer, two boxes joined my milk, bread and cat litter, last time.

I have a pair of uglies too, they're quite a pleasant satsuma grapefruit hybrid

I think I have seen those boxes of satsumas. I was once tempted, but then reminded myself that they are a HEALTHY food and I am allergic to those kinds of foods (so went to the alcohol isle and tobacco counter instead) :lol:

I think I have seen those boxes of satsumas. I was once tempted, but then reminded myself that they are a HEALTHY food and I am allergic to those kinds of foods (so went to the alcohol isle and tobacco counter instead) :lol:

I have all three, satsumas, alcohol and tobacco. :)

A wet nose is trying to knock my mouse arm :huh: , somebody wants to refresh the lawn with her nitrogen rich warm outpourings :lol:

I have all three, satsumas, alcohol and tobacco. :)

A wet nose is trying to knock my mouse arm :huh: , somebody wants to refresh the lawn with her nitrogen rich warm outpourings :lol:

Ooh... If I ever end up in Dorset I may be knocking on your door :lol:

Talking of tobacco, I'm out of cigarettes and think I might treat myself to some cigars tomorrow. Give the lungs a break (and poison my mouth instead).

Ooh... If I ever end up in Dorset I may be knocking on your door :lol:

Talking of tobacco, I'm out of cigarettes and think I might treat myself to some cigars tomorrow. Give the lungs a break (and poison my mouth instead).

It would appear from earlier postings, that both Ian and Mark (complete with spouses and dogs - on separate occasions) routinely drive near by my door, to use the Poole fastcat terminal to go to the Channel Islands.

• Like 1

It would appear from earlier postings, that both Ian and Mark (complete with spouses and dogs - on separate occasions) routinely drive near by my door, to use the Poole fastcat terminal to go to the Channel Islands.

Nobody drives by me, given I'm in Moray and the most frequent passers are sheep.

• Like 2

Nobody drives by me, given I'm in Moray and the most frequent passers are sheep.

I did notice from a "Mk2.5 Focus titanium" search I performed on eBay earlier, in the parts section.

That all the sellers of complete leather interiors in good condition are all up beyond the lowlands of Scotland, or awkward to get to North Wales. LOL :lol: All the more southerly sellers, have tatty, incomplete or worn ones :(

BTW Isn't there a Moray eel?

I do like hot toddy! Never had one before but I've got a mega sore throat so looked up the recipe and ooh it's niiiice!

Johnny walker black label, honey, lemon juice jot water and a err teabag.... clearing my throat up a treat! Not sure I should be having it with my medication but who cares? I'm not going out tonight

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club