Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashboard Camera for integration with SYNC 3 Part No. 2421817

st line x 140 driver

On 12/30/2020 at 8:49 AM, Lumberjack said:

Hi st line!

I have to say this is a very nice product presentation you have there! Thank you.

Now I can say that with the latest app update there are a number of improvements and bug fixes that was implemented:

• Continuous recording
  • Start recording with ignition
  • 10 minutes video recording time
  • Update Time/ Date thru GPS
  • Wi-Fi improvement
  • BLE improvement
  • Live stream viewer changed
  • Live stream image loading counter
  • Add another Event file if Event recording is in progress and the Event button is pressed again
  • Select all option in SD Card files and Local files operations
  • Total download progress bar
  • SD Card info in SD Card file view
  • Thumbnail refresh progress bar

You only have to update the app (from App Store or Google Play) and the DashCam's firmware (a very simple procedure).

Here's the update procedure: 

We are open for any feedback or suggestion you may have.

Thank you!

Cheers!

Ovidiu

Falcon Electronics dev team.

Hi Ovidiu can you tell me the maximum size micro sd memory card that cam now will operate/read and recommend type/manufacturer?

I have asked this question to ford sales but have had no response.

On 12/31/2020 at 1:06 PM, st line x 140 driver said:

...can you tell me the maximum size micro sd memory card that cam now will operate/read and recommend type/manufacturer?

I have tested successfully up to 128GB SD Card.

We recommend any INDUSTRIAL XI  SD Card type. This is what we use.

Unfortunately those are very expensive but are designed to work optimal in such environment:

Product Highlights
Operating Temp Range: -40°C to 85°C
High endurance: Up to 192 Terabytes Written
Broad portfolio: 8GB to 128GB
Extended product life cycle
Advanced memory management FW features power immunity, auto/manual read refresh, ECC, wear leveling
New suite of features to enhance reliability and utility, including health status meter, programmable ID,
Host lock (card ownership lock), secure FFU,
Dynamic Bit Flip Protection
Durable design: water proof, shock and vibration
proof, X-ray proof, magnet proof, impact proof *

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 8:49 AM, Lumberjack said:

Hi st line!

I have to say this is a very nice product presentation you have there! Thank you.

Now I can say that with the latest app update there are a number of improvements and bug fixes that was implemented:

• Continuous recording
  • Start recording with ignition
  • 10 minutes video recording time
  • Update Time/ Date thru GPS
  • Wi-Fi improvement
  • BLE improvement
  • Live stream viewer changed
  • Live stream image loading counter
  • Add another Event file if Event recording is in progress and the Event button is pressed again
  • Select all option in SD Card files and Local files operations
  • Total download progress bar
  • SD Card info in SD Card file view
  • Thumbnail refresh progress bar

You only have to update the app (from App Store or Google Play) and the DashCam's firmware (a very simple procedure).

Here's the update procedure: 

We are open for any feedback or suggestion you may have.

Thank you!

Cheers!

Ovidiu

Falcon Electronics dev team.

Have upgraded a lot better options - continuous recording beats competition hands down.

With improvements larger capacity sdxc card required for longer recordings.

SanDisk Industrial XI MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-I Memory Card 

SDSDQAF3-064G-XI - 64gb scan disk  - £22.99 when in stock

SDSDQAF3-128G-XI - 128gb scan disk  - £44.99 when in stock

https://www.picstop.co.uk/micro-sdxc/sandisk-industrial-xi-microsdxc-class-10-uhs-i-memory-card-64gb.html

20 hours ago, st line x 140 driver said:

Have upgraded a lot better options - continuous recording beats competition hands down.

With improvements larger capacity sdxc card required for longer recordings.

SanDisk Industrial XI MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-I Memory Card 

SDSDQAF3-064G-XI - 64gb scan disk  - £22.99 when in stock

SDSDQAF3-128G-XI - 128gb scan disk  - £44.99 when in stock

https://www.picstop.co.uk/micro-sdxc/sandisk-industrial-xi-microsdxc-class-10-uhs-i-memory-card-64gb.html

I don't think it will be supplied a larger Card, but we are working on app/ FW and all feedbacks are welcome.

Anyway, a new release should be out pretty soon 😎.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a little confused about this 'continuous recording' that keeps getting mentioned. 

I have 3 dashcams, a Viofo A129 Duo, a Transcend DP220 and a Thinkware F700. All these cameras record continuously in files of 1, 3 or 5 minutes. My journey is recorded wether the g sensor is activated or not. Each camera has a 128GB card in it, and it will record approx 12hrs of footage before it loops back and records over non protected files. By my standards that is continuous recording. What is your definition of continuous recording?

Emergency vehicle dash cams record their journeys too, but to my knowledge they are connected to a modem in the car which sends the files directly to the 'cloud' and are not stored locally. 

Can I ask if the 2 power wires, the red permanent live and the yellow ign live, are they connected to the pins in the passenger compartment fusebox?

The camera certainly looks very stealthy and discreet, it would be nice to be able to get a live view on your Sync screen. So you have a larger view finder during initial setup and also somyou can play your journey back like the police do should you want to, perhaps that will come with sync4 and then rolled out to Sync3 later 🤷‍♂️

Thank you very much for posting all the information, it is very interesting reading. Perhaps @Lumberjack would bring you in as a beta tester for future updates?

cheers, Jon.

• Like 1

Hi @Jonro2009,

I'll try to answer your questions:

I'm a little confused about this 'continuous recording' that keeps getting mentioned. 

... All these cameras record continuously in files of 1, 3 or 5 minutes... ...By my standards that is continuous recording. What is your definition of continuous recording?

Your definition is correct 🙂.

The initial Ford requirements was: The Continuous Recording should not be active. The dashcam was designed to record ONLY in case of emergency, automatically or at user's request.

The vast majority of feedback (obviously) was negative and this thing was changed. A firmware/ app update was released. All good now from this point of view.😁.

Emergency vehicle dash cams record their journeys too, but to my knowledge they are connected to a modem in the car which sends the files directly to the 'cloud' and are not stored locally.

A little bit too complicated to be managed by everyone (take in consideration that not everybody is a tech guy): cloud account, need to have wi-fi or gsm connection, a lot of aggravation. The dashcam, at this level should be simple and reliable. If there is no phone, SYNC, or internet working just take out the card and get the video you need.

Can I ask if the 2 power wires, the red permanent live and the yellow ign live, are they connected to the pins in the passenger compartment fusebox?

Yes, they are. There are two empty pin in that fuse box connectors. The dashcam got the appropriate pins on the harness just to be plugged in there.

...it would be nice to be able to get a live view on your Sync screen. So you have a larger view finder during initial setup and also somyou can play your journey back like the police do should you want to...

Nice but not possible, unfortunately. Anyway is not very useful to have a live preview of an image that you can see thru the windscreen.

As you said, can be useful on initial setup to confirm the view angle but it can be done very well using the phone. For the police or whatever, download the video on your phone. Download speed is good - up to 4 MB/s (5G).

...perhaps that will come with sync4 and then rolled out to Sync3 later 🤷‍♂️

I don't think so...

Perhaps @Lumberjack would bring you in as a beta tester for future updates?

My pleasure 🙂. Anybody can send their feedback to us. We take into consideration every feedback and answer to each question as good as we can 🙂.

Cheers mate!

Ovidiu

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 4:08 PM, Lezlie said:

Just had it fitted only records in 1 3 or 5mins slots cant get it to continuously record and have to start it manually. So you have to start recording before you crash . Paid £400 for camera and to be fitted . Its shows on the web site you can control it from the sync system but not yet available in the UK buy the looms of it .To me its a total waste of money Put my Next Base back in . I just wish ford would actually do something right for once

You can control it through sync via the app ford dash cam

On 2/12/2021 at 1:55 PM, Anthony tobin said:

You can control it through sync via the app ford dash cam

Indeed! Now can activate the continuous recording option thru the mobile phone app and also from SYNC.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I just got this dashcam version, installed by the Ford dealer. I have problem connecting it to my Samsung S9+ via bluetooth. Follow the guide and when it blinks to another color to confirm, Y. It took a couple of seconds and shows pairing error msg, while in SYNC app of the vehicle it says it is connected. A couple of secs later, SYNC says it is disconnected to the dashcam. Try several times, deleting the pairing etc. to no avail. Somebody could help me, please? What did I do wrong?  Thanks.

Hans Ma

12 hours ago, G MA said:

Hi,

... Somebody could help me, please? ...

Hi,

I'll just try to do that.

1. Check the phone's BT paired devices list. If the dashcam appear there, unpair it and try again.
  2. You may get some additional pairing notifications. Click on that and do it quickly. If you wait, it might fail your pairing. This is a new Android feature that is addressed and will not be an issue on the next Ford dashcam app version.
  3. Reset the dashcam and try again.
  4. Restart the phone's BT adapter and try again.
  5. Restart the phone and try again.

Please let me know how it is.

Thanks,

Ovidiu.

On 3/25/2021 at 7:48 AM, Lumberjack said:

Hi,

I'll just try to do that.

1. Check the phone's BT paired devices list. If the DashCam appear there, unpair it and try again.
  2. You may get some additional pairing notifications. Click on that and do it quickly. If you wait, it might fail your pairing. This is a new Android feature that is addressed and will not be an issue on the next Ford DashCam app version.
  3. Reset the DashCam and try again.
  4. Restart the phone's BT adapter and try again.
  5. Restart the phone and try again.

Please let me know how it is.

Thanks,

Ovidiu.

Hi,

thanks for your rapid replay.

1 & 2 Checked. I did it after the app notified me that there's already Ford-nnnn dashcam paired
3. Done.
4. Start the whole procedure all over again… Got the msg : dashcam connected and a few second later: "error while pairing" msg appears. In the SYNC app, I got the same (sound) msg dashcam is connected follows a few secs later by dashcam disconnected.
Note: the funny thing is that at my S9+ appears the msg / icon "dashcam is running". But in the mobile dashcam app it came back with the initial pairing screen with blinking green light. I also notice a blue light (when I press the main button).

Regards,
Hans

It is important to not have the dashcam already paired when the procedure starts. I found some Samsung phones that do that. Seems that the new Android flow just do that.

This issue was already addressed and the fix will be available with the new update that will be release soon.

Ovidiu.

• Like 1

hi Ovidiu,

Thanks for help. I'm sorry I didn't see the topic where it was addressed. But you're right, this is an android problem (and its connection with SYNC). I tried it with the I-phone of my daughter yesterday, and it is working straight away. Pairing: the dashcam is connected AND SHOWN on the i-phone, while in my Samsung S9+ didn't, while the dashcam said that it is connected followed by the error msg.

The funny thing is, that when I opened the I-phone and look at the 'history', all the films made before were there.
Any idea when it will be available at GPlay?

Thanks again.

On 4/3/2021 at 2:23 PM, G MA said:

Any idea when it will be available at GPlay?

Hopefully this month.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2020 at 4:18 PM, st line x 140 driver said:

Hi all been looking for details on the dash cam being sold by ford £268 could not find any details so bought it. fitting charge extra will update cost when fitted. Been told it will take approx 2 hrs to fit.

Instructions say must be fitted by ford technician. You need to download the "ford dashcam" app as it uses your mobile as a screen.

CONTENTS.JPG

I’m having one of these fitted on Monday... how are you finding it?

On 5/16/2021 at 8:40 PM, Adam leonard 007 said:

I’m having one of these fitted on Monday... how are you finding it?

Should be just perfect for you.

There's SYNC integration, especially designed for Ford, and a mobile app that should work just fine.

Let us know how you find it.

Thanks!

Ovidiu

I'm very pleased with it nice and discreet had no trouble with it.

Be nice to know why button flashes different colours.

Can you highlight what they mean recording overwriting etc Ovidiu

9 hours ago, st line x 140 driver said:

...Can you highlight what they mean recording overwriting etc ...

There you go:

image.thumb.png.a6a820829c06ed48cb2f9caf207f237f.png

Cheers!

• Like 1

icing on the cake!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just had the dashcam fitted to my new Kuga by dealer, pleased with it so far, although instructions are little vague and you have to read them in the app. However, how do I change the recorded speed on video from Km to mph please? Thanks

22 hours ago, Dave147 said:

... how do I change the recorded speed on video from Km to mph please? Thanks

Good question, mate!

Is not possible, for now, but I've noted your question and we will do something about it.

Thank you.

Hi Ovidiu

many thanks for info, look forward to when it can be changed as useful in uk

Dave

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club