Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

22 hours ago, unofix said:

has died of blood clots in the lungs caused as a result of the Booster Vaccination.

Slight amendment to the cause of death. After a post mortem examination it has been found that a further blood clot in the heart caused a heart failure.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

Lad at work been feeling a bit off all week and Xmas Eve didn't sound at all well, loosing his voice. Been taking lateral flow tests every day since Tuesday. Only today has he tested positive for covid via lateral flow test. PCR tommorow. 

Luckily, or hopefully I'm still testing negative. Does help at work that our workshop is the size of a large Tesco store and only 5 of us out of 9 there last week. 

I’m considering taking a vitamin D supplement.Lots in my neighbourhood experiencing cold like symptoms this week.

9 minutes ago, williamweb said:

I’m considering taking a vitamin D supplement.Lots in my neighbourhood experiencing cold like symptoms this week.

I always thought it was vitamin C?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I always thought it was vitamin C?

Good idea to top up with C as well👍

1 minute ago, williamweb said:

Good idea to top up with C as well👍

Cool, I've been taking 1000Mg/day for ages!

• Like 1

I'm not in anyway medical but on the advice of those who are I take 2000 units of vitamin D which is surposedly good at protecting against cold and covid virus. 

So far it's working better than the vaccines for me. 

Old school way for me and my better half.

A decent diet with plenty of fruit n veg and regular exercise rather than pill popping 👍

2 minutes ago, Wino said:

A decent diet with plenty of fruit n veg and regular exercise rather than pill popping 👍

Some of us,unfortunately with health issues (following treatment for bowel cancer for example), need a diet supplement...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Some of us,unfortunately with health issues (following treatment for bowel cancer for example), need a diet supplement...

Fair point Stephen. Not something I gave a thought about tbh.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Wino said:

Old school way for me and my better half.

Vitamin D mainly comes from sunlight on your skin...you'll struggle to get enough of that in a UK winter.

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

...you'll struggle to get enough of that in a UK winter.

TBH, you'd often struggle in a UK summer too LOL 🤣

Cardiac, diabetes, GERD, and was on a restrictive diet, due to looming Bariatric surgery, which now wont happen due to nightime Apnea episodes, so am on a prescribed multivit, but also triple jabbed , belt and braces plus superglue LOL.

On the outside i look damn healthy if i do say so myself, oh and i just dyed my hair apricot haha

WIN_20211224_19_32_17_Pro (2).jpg

• Like 1

Eating healthy is always the way to go.Number one on everyone’s list should be to cut down on added sugar👍

12 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Eating healthy is always the way to go.Number one on everyone’s list should be to cut down on added sugar👍

Plenty of apps about nowadays to keep a track of your macros and give you a good overview of your diet.

1 minute ago, Wino said:

Plenty of apps about nowadays to keep a track of your macros and give you a good overview of your diet.

Unfortunately going down that route takes all the fun out of eating,if you enjoy food.Oh no not another app to look at and analysis 😀

16 minutes ago, williamweb said:

To really concentrate on what products have what sugar content, you should aim to contract diabetes (like me), you then become very aware of what foods/drinks to avoid LOL 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

To really concentrate on what products have what sugar content, you should aim to contract diabetes (like me), you then become very aware of what foods/drinks to avoid LOL 🤣

The best thing you can do is cook your own food or even better get your better half to cook ha ha.That way you control everything that you eat.Easy really👍

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Unfortunately going down that route takes all the fun out of eating,if you enjoy food.Oh no not another app to look at and analysis 😀

I got used to it whilst I was Threshold training for a few yrs. 

I have an low iron deficiency which I needed to keep on top off at the time.

The higher the iron levels during training the better.

1 minute ago, Wino said:

I got used to it whilst I was Threshold training for a few yrs. 

I have an low iron deficiency which I needed to keep on top off at the time.

The higher the iron levels during training the better.

All depends on the level you take it.Nutrition is complicated the deeper you go.But for average people there are just a few simple rules.Just comes down to basic education.

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

TBH, you'd often struggle in a UK summer too LOL 🤣

Especially as we're all meant to keep covered up or in the shade to reduce the risk of skin cancer... :whistling: 

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Especially as we're all meant to keep covered up or in the shade to reduce the risk of skin cancer... :whistling: 

Your not suppose to stay out in the sun all day ha ha-if you have a choice.Unless it’s “mad dogs and Englishmen”,ha ha so the song sort of goes l think😀

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JImpster said:

no salt, no sugar NO taste LOL

You gotta love that new Diet Coke slogan! 🤣

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, JImpster said:

no salt, no sugar NO taste LOL

You are so wrong.Just an addition.I don’t take any sugar in my tea and it tastes sweet- why? Because I can taste the sweetness from the milk lactose.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club