Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Checking out the competitors.

Alex.S

The new Kuga self charging looks a more viable option atm but wonder if the self charging is going across the whole Ford range ? 

2 minutes ago, Wino said:

The new Kuga self charging looks a more viable option atm but wonder if the self charging is going across the whole Ford range ? 

Has to be . Looks like they’ve created a 7 speed dual clutch for it too. 

Latest I’ve seen advertised is a plug in hybrid for puma or kuga . Can’t remember which but the 2030 all EV. Deadline is looming..

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

Latest I’ve seen advertised is a plug in hybrid for puma or kuga . Can’t remember which but the 2030 all EV. Deadline is looming..

its only the kuga that currently is the only plug in hybrid. all the hybrids are not exactly eco friendly. studies show users mainly use the petrol engine for everyday driving due to the low elec  range thus defeating the purpose of them . 

You can't really compare electric to pure ICE.  They have completely different characteristics.

Electric doesn't need as big of a headline power figure as it relies on torque, and for electric torque is at maximum at standstill.    It's why they just zip off without fuss.

I like the Corolla too, it's on my list to check out next year.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

You can't really compare electric to pure ICE.  They have completely different characteristics.

Yes, whole new ball game. There are a whole load of people who may find it difficult to adapt and it's surprising the government don't appear to recognise there may be safety issues here. My Mrs, for instance (a very competent driver it must be said) has only driven 3 pedal manual cars in 40 odd years of driving, never even once driven a conventional automatic, so is wary of electric, to say the least.

The range of Ford Focus on motability is a joke. Must be a transitional period with the plug in hybrid getting rolled out. 64 cars about 55 of them are diesels. Can’t find a 155 mh either.   Petrol 1L 125 only. 
I’m comparing a 2L Corolla with a STLX 125 (which I’d never go for after having the 182!)

I took screen shotsD8F5C9CF-D1DE-431F-83A0-22DAC562A188.thumb.png.13d6fd3f5d75046b4615d93ab8b4b240.png

18916995-D0AA-4AA6-A86E-9ECF42437978.png

I’m not familiar with the Corolla, described there as a ‘small car’ compared to the focus being ‘medium size’ . Yet the Toyota boot is bigger. 
You’ll see the advance payment, Ford give an ‘allowance ‘ for extras , not sure what Toyota do , they’re wanting 2k up front. 

Reading up on the corolla the only downside is a lack of rear headroom compared to its rivals.

I agree with you, after having a 182 auto I couldn't drop 60 horses.

I'm really disappointed with Ford tbh cos I really like my focus 182 auto.  I like the way it can just pootle around, really easy drive, but stick it in S and get the revs up and its great fun on a country road and it's acceleration and composure at motorway speeds is excellent

Right now there's no new comparable Focus I could buy.

I’ll be ordering in 12 months time. 3 months before the end of the lease. If lead times are still like now I may well have the focus a lot longer. I’ve thought about the mild hybrid 155 if it became available in auto but I think I’ll hold out for a proper hybrid or EV. Lot can change in 1 year. The plug in kuga must be leading up to something! 

Have ford given a release date for the self charging Kuga as of yet ? 

The rest of the range can't be far behind surely.

It’s been advertised on social media. Looks like it’s been launched, god knows what lead time will be..

Rest of range ..surely 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Alex.S said:

The range of Ford Focus on motability is a joke. Must be a transitional period with the plug in hybrid getting rolled out. 64 cars about 55 of them are diesels. Can’t find a 155 mh either.   Petrol 1L 125 only. 
I’m comparing a 2L Corolla with a STLX 125 (which I’d never go for after having the 182!)

I thought the 155ps MHEV had been dropped from the Focus on the latest price list?  Unless that was another error... :unsure:

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I thought the 155ps MHEV had been dropped from the Focus on the latest price list?  Unless that was another error... :unsure:

I didn’t know that. There’s no Vignale listed either. (On motability). Few months ago they had focus ‘active Vignale’ and ‘STL Vignale’ Kind of like a trim mash up! Is that what you’ve got Tom? 

10 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I didn’t know that. There’s no Vignale listed either. (On motability). Few months ago they had focus ‘active Vignale’ and ‘STL Vignale’ Kind of like a trim mash up! Is that what you’ve got Tom? 

Vignale was dropped as well, confirmed by several dealerships.  But the price lists are often wrong in one way or another so can't be trusted 100%.

Mines an Active X Vignale Edition (basically a Vignale spec with the higher ride height of the Active)- but that was no longer available to order by the end of March.  Mines a super rare model being 155ps as well (only 1 other for sale in the whole country)...but given that no-one wants to buy it from me, I can see why they don't offer it any more. :laugh: 

Not seen the STL Vignale at all though, that one does seem like an odd mashup!

24 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Vignale was dropped as well, confirmed by several dealerships.  But the price lists are often wrong in one way or another so can't be trusted 100%.

Mines an Active X Vignale Edition (basically a Vignale spec with the higher ride height of the Active)- but that was no longer available to order by the end of March.  Mines a super rare model being 155ps as well (only 1 other for sale in the whole country)...but given that no-one wants to buy it from me, I can see why they don't offer it any more. :laugh: 

Not seen the STL Vignale at all though, that one does seem like an odd mashup!

It’s not a good time for buying a focus, unless you want a diesel. I think you’ve done alright, 155 is plenty and Vignale trim is always nice. Plug in then EV is coming sooner rather than later. 

8 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

It’s not a good time for buying a focus, unless you want a diesel. I think you’ve done alright, 155 is plenty and Vignale trim is always nice. Plug in then EV is coming sooner rather than later. 

Can't drive mine as it's not smooth enough despite the extra ride height & IRS.  Was a huge mistake buying it.  Just sat on the driveway now until I can find someone to buy it from me.  Back to square one again looking for something suitable.  Tried a new Golf last week but that wasn't smooth enough either.

• Confused 1

Id3 is a real possibility for me. Same price as the Toyota, maybe save a lot on fuel. There’s a top spec one at over £4K upfront but other at 2 is a possibility. 

6A16AB84-C437-4668-A769-F5817D6C664C.png

3EA03384-7ACF-4A31-8AAD-D6E531C6E230.png

Actually nearer 3k for the family pro. Ouch 

14 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

find someone to buy it from me

Trading ins probably your only option..I’m sure you’ve thought that thru a thousand times. Good luck 🤞 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

Trading ins probably your only option..I’m sure you’ve thought that thru a thousand times. Good luck 🤞 

Supplying Ford dealer won't even make an offer on it unfortunately.  Next closest has offered 50% of the RRP for 1 month old. :shocking:

Will probably go to a car buying service if I can find something else.  They're offering 66% of RRP.

• Confused 1

Can't you find an issue with it and reject it ? 🤔

Don't think so, though I'm all ears if you know how I could do that.  I expect to lose some money on it but a third of its RRP in under a month is ridiculous.

I initially misread the finance agreement and thought I could return the car within 14 days if it wasn't suitable.  But it actually just meant you can pay off the finance in 14 days without any interest.  I'm on 0% interest anyway though so makes no difference.

On 5/1/2021 at 9:06 PM, Wino said:

Have ford given a release date for the self charging Kuga as of yet

They’ve appeared on the motability website. 
2.5L plug in hybrid 

200mpg

range 52km !!! 

CA9F05B5-709B-44E3-81E3-A3A09F21FC1E.png

08770B20-45E8-4F52-8BD9-41A8820CE413.png

2 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

the self charging Kuga

Was that full EV you meant? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club