Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Seat Wiring

Mollymoodoo

15 hours ago, Rowan112 said:

Hey Molly, Your post seems very interesting.

Did you replace your center console or just the climate control?

Hi. Centre console including climate control.

13 hours ago, Nathan Buffery said:

Oh no!! So do you think you connected the full 12v to the signal wire (terminal 5 on the PFL switch)?

Yeah I do really stupid things sometimes. So when I put the the new console in I extended all of the PFL heated seat cables so that I wouldn't have to remove the console to get to them. To make everything easier I put female spades on so I could have one wire with the correct pin on and move it to other wires. When I finally decided that I was just going to pick up 12v from elsewhere as I couldn't see any problem with it, I noticed that the crimp on the pin 5 cable was loose and for whatever reason I couldn't get a good tight crimp on it, so me being me I just wound two cables together, completely forgetting they were attached at the other end to other feeds such as the 12v. The heated seat worked really well for about 5 seconds then went cold. So yes I manage to send 12v directly down pin 5 to the module, blew the fuse, (see other thread on my rear wiper where I didn't realise). That wire now seems to be dead, nothing goes down it so I will have to unbolt my seat and see what is going on down there.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Mollymoodoo said:

Hi. Centre console including climate control.

did you have to replace the dash too?
What did you have to do to get the center console replaced?

I am assuming center console, climate control and stereo?

It depends on your spec level.

If you look here

It gives you an insight to what you need. Things to look out for are, thanks to @Nathan Buffery and @Luke_Anderson amongst others;

1. If you haven't got the updated BCM in your car that can be flashed to a certain level, then you won't get the windscreen and rear window heaters to work.
  2. The facelift consoles have subtle differences so make sure you get the one you want. I wanted the one with the sliding cover for the drinks holder and when I bought one it didn't have it, they come with and without but look the same.
  3. There are different variants of the climate controllers so make sure you get the correct one. (I have a spare without heated seat function)
  4. I had an issue with power for the heated seats, simple enough to remedy though if this happens to you.
  5. You need the correct bracket for the new console at the back. (I have one of these spare)
  6. I found it hard to find the gear/climate control surround with a USB port, the one I found had a titchy cable on with no mini USB at the other end, these are easy enough to make up though but only if the port is still there so try and find one with this in place.
  7. The back comes off the centre console really easily which makes plugging the power and media hub in very easy, I wish I had known this sooner it would of saved me a lot of swearing.

There is loads more but on the whole with @Luke_Anderson pin swap diagram and the fact that the pins on the climate controller are a piece of cake to get out makes this a relatively easy job.

9 hours ago, Mollymoodoo said:

There are different variants of the climate controllers so make sure you get the correct one. (I have a spare without heated seat function)

If you unclip this module, you'll find that the circuit board inside has the switches for the heated seat. I guess it's just as cheap for ford to make one circuit for all the climate control modules. Which means, if your module goes t*ts up, you could swap the circuit board.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mollymoodoo said:

It depends on your spec level.

If you look here

It gives you an insight to what you need. Things to look out for are, thanks to @Nathan Buffery and @Luke_Anderson amongst others;

1. If you haven't got the updated BCM in your car that can be flashed to a certain level, then you won't get the windscreen and rear window heaters to work.
  2. The facelift consoles have subtle differences so make sure you get the one you want. I wanted the one with the sliding cover for the drinks holder and when I bought one it didn't have it, they come with and without but look the same.
  3. There are different variants of the climate controllers so make sure you get the correct one. (I have a spare without heated seat function)
  4. I had an issue with power for the heated seats, simple enough to remedy though if this happens to you.
  5. You need the correct bracket for the new console at the back. (I have one of these spare)
  6. I found it hard to find the gear/climate control surround with a USB port, the one I found had a titchy cable on with no mini USB at the other end, these are easy enough to make up though but only if the port is still there so try and find one with this in place.
  7. The back comes off the centre console really easily which makes plugging the power and media hub in very easy, I wish I had known this sooner it would of saved me a lot of swearing.

There is loads more but on the whole with @Luke_Anderson pin swap diagram and the fact that the pins on the climate controller are a piece of cake to get out makes this a relatively easy job.

Well i don't have climate control, i have the standard heater unit. Can that be adapted for the FL from PFL?
My car is a 64plate, I have changed my speedo clocks to FL and i have the ability to change the dimming on my clocks. So i am pretty sure i got the newer BCM in it. 

Damn that looks pretty sweet tbh, I am thinking of doing that, i really want that compartment to put my phone for wireless charging tbh.

7 hours ago, Rowan112 said:

Well i don't have climate control, i have the standard heater unit. Can that be adapted for the FL from PFL?

I have the same heater controls and spent hours and hours trying to get the FL control panel to work......without success. As already mentioned, it depends on if your BCM can take the updated firmware. Mine could not, but even if it could, you have to unpin the big connection, study the wiring diagrams, and re-pin the 2 connections. I did all this, but had lots of DTC's that wouldn't clear (hence the need to update the BCM). In the end I gave up as the next stage would of been ripping out the whole dash and changing the climate unit. Here's what ended up doing as a compromise. 

20210223_180346.jpg

20 hours ago, Nathan Buffery said:

If you unclip this module, you'll find that the circuit board inside has the switches for the heated seat. I guess it's just as cheap for ford to make one circuit for all the climate control modules. Which means, if your module goes t*ts up, you could swap the circuit board.

Worth knowing, thank you

• 11 months later...
On 5/17/2021 at 6:00 PM, Mollymoodoo said:

Yeah but that one is only showing 0.05v at the HVAC unit and looking at the diagrams for the facelift seats it only appears to be asking for a 12 volt switched live. I could be absolutely wrong though as this really isn't my forte. I have attached the wiring diagram below

heated seats facelift.pdf 328.47 kB · 9 downloads

@MollymoodooHi sorry for revive a old post, wonder if soemone can help me

just putting heated seats into my focus FL and have installed to oem hvac with switches, installed the seat pads and plugged them all in and both seats do not heat up. I have checked the fuses all good, 34 and 35 have 12v as well as 21 on the hvac unit. ive tested the pads they are good. however when i test the module outputs this is where i am not getting any voltage going to the pads out of the module however the module is getting 12v feed in.. do you think the modules could be bad? if so how would i test?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club