Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone with Forscan on the Wirral able to set my battery charge to 95%

archie2000

3 hours ago, VFR800 said:

It's German but has subs.

That only tells you about Ctec battery chargers not how to change Soc with Forscan 

1 hour ago, DaveG1975 said:

That only tells you about Ctec battery chargers not how to change Soc with Forscan 

For some reason the link starts about 6 minutes into the video. If you rewind it to about 4 minutes from the start it does show you how to change the target SOC with Forscan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pcaouolte said:

For some reason the link starts about 6 minutes into the video. If you rewind it to about 4 minutes from the start it does show you how to change the target SOC with Forscan.

Thanks seen it now do you need back anything up or just change the soc is it best to change it to 90% or 95%

41 minutes ago, DaveG1975 said:

Thanks seen it now do you need back anything up or just change the soc is it best to change it to 90% or 95%

I set mine to 95% and everything works great. I put my climate controls onto Sync3 also.

25 minutes ago, archie2000 said:

I set mine to 95% and everything works great. I put my climate controls onto Sync3 also.

How do you do climate controls is it easy can’t do anything yet as I’m waiting for cable to be delivered I’ve got forscan set up and ready 

17 hours ago, DaveG1975 said:

How do you do climate controls is it easy can’t do anything yet as I’m waiting for cable to be delivered I’ve got forscan set up and ready 

I used this as my reference for what to change for climate controls.

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/125069-mk4-forscan-tweaks/?do=findComment&comment=874762

I bought the Tunnelrat adapter cable but I am getting an error in Forscan saying the adapter is not compatible with my vehicle and some ForScan options will not be available. Did anybody else get this error?

18 minutes ago, rayferry said:

I bought the Tunnelrat adapter cable but I am getting an error in Forscan saying the adapter is not compatible with my vehicle and some ForScan options will not be available. Did anybody else get this error?

Ensure CAN switch is the correct way when connecting to vehicle.

Ensure drivers are correctly installed

Ensure free license is activated

Ensure connection settings (in Forscan) are correct for your lead (check Forums)

Ensure internet connected to laptop

Delete stored profile and start again

• Like 1

Success, done as DaveT70 suggested and also changed a couple of settings as per the Tunnelrat adapter settings in ForScan. Changed the setting from 80 to 90 and applied to the car. Still getting the adapter error in ForScan.

A big thanks to all who gave me advice.

forscan error.JPG

• Like 2

Hello Ray, what version of Windows are you using ?

You should not be getting an error with the lead, have you got another laptop you can try ?

• Like 1

This is my Windows version

Edition    Windows 10 Enterprise
Version    21H2
Installed on    ‎19/‎07/‎2020
OS build    19044.1348
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5600U CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.60 GHz
Installed RAM    8.00 GB (7.88 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Sorry I don't have another laptop to try 

14 hours ago, unofix said:

Hello Ray, what version of Windows are you using ?

You should not be getting an error with the lead, have you got another laptop you can try ?

Agreed, still something wrong with your connection settings or driver install

Which version of Forscan have you installed?

I contacted Tunnelrat and got this reply,

"This is in the newest versions of FORscan. The error is a general error relating to elm cables FORscan want you to buy their £80 cable. Try an older version of FORscan"

I have installed FORscan 2.3.44

Any advice on what version I should go back to?

Can you screen shot the messages next time you go on please?

It may be warning you against software updates

1 hour ago, rayferry said:

I contacted Tunnelrat and got this reply,

"This is in the newest versions of FORscan. The error is a general error relating to elm cables FORscan want you to buy their £80 cable. Try an older version of FORscan"

I have installed FORscan 2.3.44

Any advice on what version I should go back to?

That is quite a worrying turn of events. Up until now there has been no problems with FORScan and the Tunnelrat leads.

As it happens I don't have the Tunnelrat lead, I'm using one I bought from eBay (with a Ford logo !!) before I knew about Tunnelrat electronics. My trusty eBay lead and FORScan 2.3.42 are working happily so for the moment I will hold off on updating to the new version.

I would be very interested to hear for any others who are having problems with FORScan errors.

5 minutes ago, unofix said:

That is quite a worrying turn of events. Up until now there has been no problems with FORScan and the Tunnelrat leads.

As it happens I don't have the Tunnelrat lead, I'm using one I bought from eBay (with a Ford logo !!) before I knew about Tunnelrat electronics. My trusty eBay lead and FORScan 2.3.42 are working happily so for the moment I will hold off on updating to the new version.

I would be very interested to hear for any others who are having problems with FORScan errors.

I know 2.3.43 had the Central config bug for Mk3.5 Focus, that's been fixed for 2.4.44

3 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

Can you screen shot the messages next time you go on please?

It may be warning you against software updates

DaveT70 the only error line was in the screenshot I posted earlier.

forscan error.JPG

I think FORScan are just covering themselves because they are getting a lot of grief when people brick their cars or can't get FORScan to work. When the debug information is sent to them the problem is usually because their adaptors were too slow

There are only a few adaptors that FORScan recommend and if you try to programme with an adaptor that is not as fast as they recommend then a warning now pops up. 

3 hours ago, rayferry said:

That is not true, FORScan do not make adaptors.

The only error I got when using Forscan was "unable to connect to wifi" and seems as there was no internet connection available it was correct but I had no idea why it was trying to connect as I understood it doesnt need a connection to work once it's been set up.

Just received my cable to still not got a clue on how to use forscan 🤣

21 minutes ago, Wino said:

as I understood it doesnt need a connection to work once it's been set up.

kind of true but there is one major function that won't work without internet as I have recently learnt myself. If you should need to put one of your modules back to the way it was when the car left the factory and you don't have a copy of your 'asbuilt' file, then you can click on the button at the bottom of FORScan near the save button marked "AB" and the programme will automatically download a copy of your factory "asbuilt" file.

Useful feature if you ever make a big mistake and screw up a module during programming. Of course none of us here would ever do that, and even if we did we would have saved the file first !! 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Useful feature if you ever make a big mistake and screw up a module during programming. Of course none of us here would ever do that, and even if we did we would have saved the file first !! 🤣

Yes, Unofix, I absolutely agree.... 🤪

On 12/8/2021 at 7:18 PM, archie2000 said:

Hi Unofix, yes, I am on the latest Sync3 version.

Ironically, I had only initially added the steering wheel and heated seats options to Sync3 and they worked OK. It's only since I added the rest that they stopped working.

Sadly, and shamefacedly I have to admit I didn't make a copy of the Asbuilt file 😕 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tizer said:

I think FORScan are just covering themselves because they are getting a lot of grief when people brick their cars or can't get FORScan to work. When the debug information is sent to them the problem is usually because their adaptors were too slow

Agreed, that's just a general warning, please research on the Forums and adjust your connection settings if you're having issues.

if, after that, you are still getting issues you need to get a better lead.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club