Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus MK4.5 2022+ issues thread

Chera

17 hours ago, Chera said:

o the weather information received are quite accurate if the country that you're living in send this kind of information to Ford about local hazards

It was live traffic I had, the Local Hazard information wasn’t / isn’t available on my car. Never tried it, better than Waze you think? 

On 11/24/2023 at 3:02 PM, Alex.S said:

It was live traffic I had, the Local Hazard information wasn’t / isn’t available on my car. Never tried it, better than Waze you think? 

There is a difference here..Waze provides you with information based on what users are submitting, here the local hazard information comes from the local weather authorities if I'm not mistaken...  

On 10/7/2023 at 7:27 PM, Chera said:

at least you have cheap things on UK 🙂

I must have missed those 😜 

On 11/23/2023 at 9:30 PM, tarbyonline said:

AFAIK you can only get the camera as part of the parking pack. Pretty sure there's a guide on this forum on installing one yourself, though obviously that would be at your own risk and you have to pull parts of the car apart to do so (and also buy the bits and enable it in the car software of course)!  

It does seem rather stingy to not include the rear camera on a car that costs over 30 grand!  Mind you, it isn't just Ford - just the rear camera is a £330 option on a 30 grand Golf Style (though it has adaptive cruise control as standard, but a heated windscreen isn't even a option).  Gone are the days when you could just buy a car at a certain price point and know you got all the toys (or even have them as options)!

Yeah, it looks like the X trim has largely replaced the old Vignale option from reading about.  The seats even have Vignale labels on them.  

Edit:  You can see just how similar they all are on this pricelist which lists the main spec https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxeu/uk/documents/price-list/cars/PL-New_Focus.pdf 

AFAIK the Ford 8 speed auto is/was the same used by Vauxhall/Opel.   Though pretty sure the PSA EAT8 is the same or similar box too.  Perhaps Ford didn't want to pay licences or the cost of buying them in became too high or something 🤷‍♂️.

I believe the return to powershift coincided with the introduction of MHEV - perhaps this implementation wasn;t compatible with the torque converter automatic.  The 7 speed powershift seems a lot smoother than the version used in the mk3, but I haven't had a lot of miles yet as only got the car yesterday evening.

Potential issue: The drain I have been getting on my iPhone 13 connected wirelessly to sync 4 is a bit alarming.  This was not an issue on the Skoda which also had carplay.  I wasn't even playing music or anything but it drained about 50% of my battery in an hour.  Has anyone any tips of settings to change that might reduce the drain.  I would like to avoid having to plug the phone in as I will leave it behind.

Guys, if you have a sync4 update, don't do it, it is having a lot of issues(sound disconnection issues, driving modes not available)..

Ford Power-Up version 4.2.2

We're about 8-9 behind the American release schedule and this is a shame, really...This update it's problematic and shouldn't be pushed: Full Screen Carplay Update - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, tarbyonline said:

Aldi, middle aisle 🤣

5 hours ago, unofix said:

Aldi, middle aisle 🤣

No Aldi in Northern Ireland, explains why I missed the cheap stuff 🤣

• Sad 1

On 1/23/2023 at 12:44 PM, Chera said:

3)  Other drivers reported that sometimes keyless it's not working on both sides, I honestly didn't have this issue: The solution for this is to go to the service and Ford will replace the keyless antenna or the car battery

Keyless entry didn’t work on my passenger side when I picked it up.  I flagged this with the sales person and was told it was only on the drivers side.  A few days later keyless started working on the passenger side!  The car is gaining features now 🤪.

Is the steering supposed to be incredibly light?  Last time I drove a car with steering this light it was my 2006 Fiat Panda on “city mode”!

The Keyless entry gets disabled on the passenger door(s) once the State Of Charge reaches or falls below 55%

When the battery SOC recovers then the keyless entry automatically gets restored to the passenger door(s).

Ford - Battery SOC & Text.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, unofix said:

The Keyless entry gets disabled on the passenger door(s) once the State Of Charge reaches or falls below 55%

When the battery SOC recovers then the keyless entry automatically gets restored to the passenger door(s).

Cheers uno. Nice of them to give me a battery that’s half charged (or half flat depending on your outlook 🤪) on a brand new car.  Will get it on the charger at some stage with neg connected to chassis ground.  It never clicked that it could be battery related but the 40 mile run I took her on must have got the charge up enough.

Theres a tunnel rat cable in the house somewhere from my Fiesta days 👀

7 hours ago, unofix said:

For me the start stop works but keyless not, but I suppose this is happening because the start stop it's now on the MHEV battery and not on the car battery 🙂

• Like 2

8 hours ago, unofix said:

I feel like this should just be your signature at this point. 😆

• Haha 4

On 12/2/2023 at 3:27 PM, tarbyonline said:

I believe the return to powershift coincided with the introduction of MHEV - perhaps this implementation wasn;t compatible with the torque converter automatic.  The 7 speed powershift seems a lot smoother than the version used in the mk3, but I haven't had a lot of miles yet as only got the car yesterday evening.

Potential issue: The drain I have been getting on my iPhone 13 connected wirelessly to sync 4 is a bit alarming.  This was not an issue on the Skoda which also had carplay.  I wasn't even playing music or anything but it drained about 50% of my battery in an hour.  Has anyone any tips of settings to change that might reduce the drain.  I would like to avoid having to plug the phone in as I will leave it behind.

i have noticed that also, my last car i had to confirm the connection before the car would connect, but in the focus the cars default is to connect to the phone, i like listening to the radio and trying to get Alexa to play Talk Sport is a nightmare

5 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I feel like this should just be your signature at this point. 😆

I was thinking the same but didn’t want to say lol.  Thing is I totally missed the yellow text before!

3 hours ago, IrishFocus-ST-Line said:

i have noticed that also, my last car i had to confirm the connection before the car would connect, but in the focus the cars default is to connect to the phone, i like listening to the radio and trying to get Alexa to play Talk Sport is a nightmare

I haven’t got as far as sorting out the Alexa.  Not sure I’m sold on the idea tbh. I believe you can get it to turn the house lights on, etc!

9 minutes ago, tarbyonline said:

I was thinking the same but didn’t want to say lol.  Thing is I totally missed the yellow text before!

I haven’t got as far as sorting out the Alexa.  Not sure I’m sold on the idea tbh. I believe you can get it to turn the house lights on, etc!

it doesn't get my west Belfast accent to well lol 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, unofix said:

Just checked it on a multimeter - 12.35v so it’s topped up itself a bit while driving at least.  

• Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 3:30 PM, Chera said:

Guys, if you have a sync4 update, don't do it, it is having a lot of issues(sound disconnection issues, driving modes not available)..

Ford Power-Up version 4.2.2

We're about 8-9 behind the American release schedule and this is a shame, really...This update it's problematic and shouldn't be pushed: Full Screen Carplay Update - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans 

I had this update last week now maps freeze randomly 

• Sad 2

I've submitted a feedback here since it's the only channel to talk with Ford, however, they said that ,,they're analysing", so basically they don't care...This will be my last Ford due to their ignorance 

Ford Power-Up 4 and Ford Power-Up 5 Released (Upda... - Page 30 - FordPass Community

Hello every one, just a quick question about the connected services. Does any off you loose the fuel price function or the traffic info on the map? Unfortenatly i deleted my original FordPass account and since then i lost those function. Any one on the Dame boat?

2 hours ago, tddif2000 said:

Hello every one, just a quick question about the connected services. Does any off you loose the fuel price function or the traffic info on the map? Unfortunately i deleted my original Ford Pass account and since then i lost those function. Any one on the Dame boat?

mine has disappeared also 

Hi all,

New issue. Seems to be since infotainment update.

Selected stop start OFF in normal mode.

Later wanted sport mode. Tried to select it, and the modes were greyed out. Pressed the greyed out button, and a message popped up in instrument cluster saying drive modes not available.

I then re enabled stop start, and selected mode select again. Worked fine.

Wierd.

Anyone else had this?

so tried to remove my front matts to hoover them yesterday and couldn't remove them, i was in a hurry so didn't spend to much time trying to get them out, in particular the drivers side, i couldn't get the matt released from that we circle tab thing it was stuck to.  I didn't want to just yank it off, seem as if the carpet under it would have ripped.  

7 minutes ago, IrishFocus-ST-Line said:

so tried to remove my front matts to hoover them yesterday and couldn't remove them, i was in a hurry so didn't spend to much time trying to get them out, in particular the drivers side, i couldn't get the matt released from that we circle tab thing it was stuck to.  I didn't want to just yank it off, seem as if the carpet under it would have ripped.  

It does just pull off but they are very tight when new.  Best idea is to use two fingers in a V sign under the mat around the central 'post' and pull the outer ring of the mat upwards.

As Tom says, I always lift a corner of the mat and support the fixing in the carpet while unclipping the floot mats.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It does just pull off but they are very tight when new.  Best idea is to use two fingers in a V sign under the mat around the central 'post' and pull the outer ring of the mat upwards.

cheers Tom, you're a legend, i was trying to turn it, twist it, tug it to the side and wasn't moving lol

thanks

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Encountered a new problem recently. My steering feels like it’s correcting itself despite my lane assist being turned off! I cannot remember hitting any deep potholes or anything and all tyres are in good condition. Just seems weird, can anyone shed any light? 

I have a 2023 ST Line MHEV estate.

This is after the garage having my car for month to fix 6th gear crunching every time you go into it and to replace electric boot sensor as it would not close properly! I like driving the car as it’s good fun but all these little niggly problems are beginning to annoy me now

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club