Do Not Sell My Personal Information

People's Preferences For Headlight Bulbs Fiesta St180

tomo89

I've had 5 cars from dinnages and can say there not bad at all.

On the headlight front the osram night breakers are the best bulbs for anyone that does a lot of night driving.

On the headlight front the osram night breakers are the best bulbs for anyone that does a lot of night driving.

Yes you're probably right, I have them for my full beams and they're great. For dipped beam though I'm more bothered about how they look, as they are the most visible thing on the car at night.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be changing my H7s to Crystal Visions tomorrow, and also the fogs, just wanted to ask about those. I know you can get at the fogs with the wheels on full lock, and maybe with the headlight units out, but how do they come out? Do you just twist the bulb holder anti-clockwise or something?

Fog lights were quite easy, as you say put the wheels on full lock, I undid 3 torx screws at the front of the arch liner, then you can pull that out enough to get your hand in, unplug the bulb and twist (anti clockwise I think), check it works and put back together.

actually if your taking the headlights out to do the H7s you can do the fogs from above, you can do the drivers side headlamps without taking the headlight out though.

How the eff do you change the sidelight bulbs? Got the headlight out but couldn't work out how to get the sidelight bulb out of its holster. So I just changed the H7's and indicators and put it back together angrily haha.

Im not changing my bulbs but concerned if I ever have to. Why do manufactured make it so awkward to change a simple bulb? I mean...take the whole headlight out ? Jeez.

Im not changing my bulbs but concerned if I ever have to. Why do manufactured make it so awkward to change a simple bulb? I mean...take the whole headlight out ? Jeez.

Once you have done this once it's so easy a lot of new cars you have to have bumper off etc the fiesta headlights are so easy to change me and my dad have done it loads of times now it's just second nature :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hopefully like the 5.5 years I had my zafira I never had a single bulb failure. Although that car seemed to have an access flap in the wheel arch.

Honestly it's 3 screws and pull the unit out its really easy mate I wouldn't worry

If you come round to doing it let me know will post some pics up

Worst bit is thinking you have broken something when you pull it up off the clip and manoeuvring it out. Once you've done it you do wondered what you were wot parried about.

You only really have to remove the passenger side as the fuse box and washer bottle are in the way, the drivers side has enough space round it.

I got the Crystal Visions in and they look awesome, almost like Xenons :D

I know what you mean, I've barely done any work on my cars but I'm learning. 2nd time changing the headlights was much easier, I found the best help was this video, not in English but you can get the idea from it:

I found the hardest bit was getting the fiddly plastic screws out, because I knackered the head of one of them last time lol. Going to try and get a replacement, does anyone know if it's a standard screw and if there's a part number or something? If not I'll just take one out and see if Halfords have them.

I got the nearside fog done while the headlight unit was out, very easy although the Mountune lower air feed hose was in the way, but not hard to move it. I'll do the driver's side one with the wheel on full lock because there's some weird looking components in the way that would have made it hard doing it from above.

Worst bit is thinking you have broken something when you pull it up off the clip and manoeuvring it out. Once you've done it you do wondered what you were wot parried about.

You only really have to remove the passenger side as the fuse box and washer bottle are in the way, the drivers side has enough space round it.

I agree with the clips that sound like you have snapped something in half but you get used to it after you done it once ha

Does anyone know if the W5W bulbs that come with the Crystal Visions are sold seperately? I used them for the number plate and they look good, almost as white as LEDs, so I might try them as interior bulbs if I can find them.

They probably aren't road legal but I've decided I don't care about that any more :P. I'm sure there are loads of Audis, Mercs etc driving around with white number plate bulbs.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the W5W bulbs that come with the Crystal Visions are sold seperately? I used them for the number plate and they look good, almost as white as LEDs, so I might try them as interior bulbs if I can find them.

They probably aren't road legal but I've decided I don't care about that any more :P. I'm sure there are loads of Audis, Mercs etc driving around with white number plate bulbs.

Is this the ones that look blue in the box ? I wasn't sure what they were but did think about using in number plate but thought they were blue bulbs haha take a pic please

Try this eBay number that's where I got them from 111259038615

Is this the ones that look blue in the box ? I wasn't sure what they were but did think about using in number plate but thought they were blue bulbs haha take a pic please

Yeah the ones in the box, I guess they are meant for sidelights but as we have DRLs instead, they're perfect for the number plates. I'll take some pics when it's dark.

It's strange how the colours work, but it makes sense when you think a standard bulb gives off a yellow light, so I think if the coating is blue enough it absorbs all the yellow leaving only white. And an even bluer coating gives a blueish light.

Try this ebay number that's where I got them from 111259038615

Cheers Tom, I'd rather get some branded ones but those will do if Philips don't sell them separately.

Branded ones are no different same bulb lad

Branded ones are no different same bulb lad

Yeah that's probably true, I bet Philips don't even make the bulbs. I've ordered a pair of those so will see how they look :)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone got a picture of the crystal visions against the drls?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club