Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

21 minutes ago, iantt said:

kettle gone up in puff of smoke , just after all the shops shut. typical!!!

People call me a hoarder, but that's why I always have a spare kettle in the cupboard in case such things happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I've been up since 07:00 with our son 😩

Wish I had been!!  Up at 07:00 I mean, not with your son...

It's so depressing when it is already dark by 16:00, at least if I had 4-5 hours of daylight I wouldn't feel so bad.

• Like 2

Just now, jmurray01 said:

Wish I had been!!  Up at 07:00 I mean, not with your son...

It's so depressing when it is already dark by 16:00, at least if I had 4-5 hours of daylight I wouldn't feel so bad.

The shorter evenings are depressing mate I do agree, and the more we change to led lighting the more depressed we will be in winter because led emits a very fine spectrum of light which the body doesn't absorb compared to a standard bulb which spreads a broder spectrum of light making us feel less depressed; well until the electricity bill arrives atleast😁

I'm working night shift next week so I won't see much if any daylight, also makes the week very short. 

12 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Need friends to have one of them things 😀

Don't get me wrong the one we have is probably older than me, but we have one nonetheless.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iantt said:

where it belongs now

IMG_20161211_165128224.jpg

😲Murder 

could atleast have kept the plug top 😀or used it for a fish tank.

is there no electrical recycle centre you could bring it to instead of having it consume valuable space in your wheelie bin ? 

Could fit six of the wife's cooked dinners in that space its currently consuming😁

I went to check the tyre pressures on the Mk1, only to find, my pressure gauge wasn't in the glove box, nor any of the cubby holes. Not a problem I thought, there's another one in the Mk2: only that wasn't there either:sad: A search of the garage didn't reveal the whereabouts of either of them, a cursory search of the house yielded nothing. 

My 12v tyre inflator/deflator has a gauge but it's accuracy is questionable, but as I had a visually soft nearside front tyre, it would have to do.  Inflated it to  the 32psi it's supposed be, and moved to rear nearside tyre to do that one.

All of 30 seconds into the inflation, like Ian's kettle, a pfzzz sound and it died.

6 minutes ago, iantt said:

whats a teapot?

Not only do you lack the sun, there's teapot deficit Worcestershire

7 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Need friends to have one of them things 😀

Teapots are available as 1-cup size, for friendless use

My everyday teapot is a 4-cup model: whereas my "tea with friends" size teapot is a 10-cup

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

😲Murder 

could atleast have kept the plug top 😀or used it for a fish tank.

is there no electrical recycle centre you could bring it to instead of having it consume valuable space in your wheelie bin ? 

Could fit six of the wife's cooked dinners in that space its currently consuming😁

I have to agree about keeping the plug, you never know when you might need one and if you do need one, I can bet you won't have one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GMX said:

I went to check the tyre pressures on the Mk1, only to find, my pressure gauge wasn't in the glove box, nor any of the cubby holes. Not a problem I thought, there's another one in the Mk2: only that wasn't there either:sad: A search of the garage didn't reveal the whereabouts of either of them, a cursory search of the house yielded nothing. 

My 12v tyre inflator/deflator has a gauge but it's accuracy is questionable, but as I had a visually soft nearside front tyre, it would have to do.  Inflated it to  the 32psi it's supposed be, and moved to rear nearside tyre to do that one.

All of 30 seconds into the inflation, like Ian's kettle, a pfzzz sound and it died.

i got a portable tyre inflator that wont go pfzzz and die,im using the word "portable" loosely

IMG_20161211_170532749.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pullock said:

I have to agree about keeping the plug, you never know when you might need one and if you do need one, I can bet you won't have one.

I always keep the plugs off old electrical appliances.  Again, people call me a hoarder for doing so, but as you say they can be invaluable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pullock said:

That also applies to anything you've kept for a while, thrown out because haven't had need for it in the last 12 years.  The very next day, after the wheelie lbin has been emptied: the need presents itself:laugh:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I always keep the plugs off old electrical appliances.  Again, people call me a hoarder for doing so, but as you say they can be invaluable.

What even the non rewirable moulded type? :lol: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stef123 said:

You keep the flex aswell as the plug top on those ones 👍

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, iantt said:

ive cut the plug off, everyone one happy now??? lol

Plug it in and lick it 💦

tickles like popping candy 

23 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Plug it in and lick it 💦

tickles like popping candy 

I just tried it, you lied Lenny!!!

Screenshot_20161211-175134.png

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lenny said:

miserable git :lol: 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, iantt said:

i got a portable tyre inflator that wont go pfzzz and die,im using the word "portable" loosely

IMG_20161211_170532749.jpg

Anything that can be moved is technically "portable".

It would more sense to replace my dead one with one of those.

It was sort of free, I acquired it during my BMW phase.

I found it in the wheel well along with two spare mirrors, a litre of oil, a bag of marshmallows and half a tube of hand cleanser, 6 weeks after I bought the 740.

28 minutes ago, stef123 said:

19 minutes ago, Lenny said:

In addition to the plug and the flex, I'd also salvage any copper, brass and aluminium, and anything I might find a use for.

• Like 1

Haha, I've had a mad busy day, like you Lenny I was up at 7, with twigs, taking her out, then 'puppy party' where she used my technique to make friends.....hence why she didn't have (m)any when she left lol! Then been out at Christmas markets. I know this is the "i don't like" section, but it was a good productive day - just figured like Jamie, it is bad when you don't get up, but sometimes it's hard to get up...

I don't like not being able to afford a mk3, or mk3.5 ST estate.... *please remove all caps for a moment of silence*...

Also, I sort of don't know how I'd go to a dealer and test drive an ST without looking like a boy racer wanting to go for a hoon about......which aside from the boy racer part, is sort of what I want to do...

A friend suggested going in an asking about test driving a mondeo estate, or a focus estate and mentioning higher specs and let them sweet talk you into an ST... but I'm sort of rubbish at that kind of thing...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ianb said:

I don't like not being able to afford a mk3, or mk3.5 ST estate.... *please remove all caps for a moment of silence*...

Also, I sort of don't know how I'd go to a dealer and test drive an ST without looking like a boy racer wanting to go for a hoon about......which aside from the boy racer part, is sort of what I want to do...

A friend suggested going in an asking about test driving a mondeo estate, or a focus estate and mentioning higher specs and let them sweet talk you into an ST... but I'm sort of rubbish at that kind of thing...

Tell them you have just sold your lambo as it was too much of a 😻 magnet and your now looking for somthing a bit more subtle while still impressing all of your mates on the Dyno 😉

• Like 1

I don't like the C220's serpentine belt starting to squeak fairly loudly over 40 miles away from home tonight!!  It has "chirped" from time to time over the past week, but on today's trip it became an audible constant squeal, getting louder the higher the RPMs.

Thankfully it went away after 20 miles and didn't return, but I will have to get it checked out before going on any more trips more than 15-20 miles away from home! 

I'm just grateful karma didn't catch up with me tonight, as being stranded in the Aberdeenshire countryside on a Sunday evening with no phone signal, nor any houses within miles wouldn't have been a great situation...

I don't like discovering my current Xerox printer can't handle cardstock any heavier than 216gsm:sad: 

My previous Tektronix, HP and Epson could all do 250-300gms from their manual load trays. If anything the paper path on the HP was lot more curvy than the Xerox, with quite a tight U bend between the image drum and the fuser:unsure:

Added to which no-one makes 216gsm cardstock, or I can't find anyone who does: so I've got to drop down to a flimsier 200gsm:sad:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GMX said:

I don't like discovering my current Xerox printer can't handle cardstock any heavier than 216gsm:sad: 

My previous Tektronix, HP and Epson could all do 250-300gms from their manual load trays. If anything the paper path on the HP was lot more curvy than the Xerox, with quite a tight U bend between the image drum and the fuser:unsure:

Added to which no-one makes 216gsm cardstock, or I can't find anyone who does: so I've got to drop down to a flimsier 200gsm:sad:

😣 no way 😧

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club