Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

My next door neighbour sits inside all weekend doing nothing, and now starts hammering yes hammering cable clip nails in to the front wall of his house to hold Christmas lights.

Disturbing the integrity of the exterior structure, causing cavitation aswell as making loads of noise complete fool.

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

My next door neighbour sits inside all weekend doing nothing, and now starts hammering yes hammering cable clip nails in to the front wall of his house to hold Christmas lights.

Disturbing the integrity of the exterior structure, causing cavitation aswell as making loads of noise complete fool.

Tis the season to be jolly fa la la la la la la la la......:laugh:

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Im in work at 23:00 though 😧

Seems he's in competition with me as hasn't put up any in last 10 years now suddenly started.

I have the outside lights and tree inside controlable via my phone across the internet thanks to some efergy wifi socket adaptors 😁 #likeaboss I know how much the bills going to be as it calculates the unit cost and measures consumption aswell 😈20160905_124830_zpsxkpmnirj_edit_147307820160905_124802_zpsgjgmwqoh_edit_1473078

can switchswitch on/off from anywhere in the world using app on phone. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, WES180 said:

44 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Humbug 🤔

Sent from my SM-G930F

I love Christmas and looking forward to Santa's arrival on the day as kids are very excited but I'm working tonight and he was there all weekend scratching himself; could have done all the hammering then rather than when I was asleep 🙍

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I love Christmas and looking forward to Santa's arrival on the day as kids are very excited but I'm working tonight and he was there all weekend scratching himself; could have done all the hammering then rather than when I was asleep 🙍

Ok then sorry, i take it back!:laugh:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Ok then sorry, i take it back!:laugh:

😂

dont like being told by my manager that my contract states i need to give 1 months notice to leave( even after only working there  for 9 weeks) 

i read it and from what i figured out i should be 1 week. 

am i reading it wrong? im taking the 1 week notice from the probationary period section. 

1481578493148.jpg

• Like 3

Your right. It is one week notice. Also unless you need their reference or something you can just bounce

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Take your contract in tomorrow and ask the manager to show you where it states you need to give 1 months notice, because it doesn't!!

• Like 5

Just realized how did you go to Vauxhall garage in a Ford??

• Like 2

Just now, Ken.K said:

Just realized how did you go to Vauxhall garage in a Ford??

By driving, I'd imagine...

They can't put it in your contract that you must own a Vauxhall.  Well, they could, but given that the mechanics know how bad the cars are, they know that none of them would acquiesce! 

• Like 2

thanks ken for reading it, i was starting to think i was not reading it right. the manager was adament that it was a months notice therefore 9th jan  but she said i could finish on 30th dec

i was due to start my new job next monday 19th . so i had to ring and tell them i had to serve longer notice than i expected, they were good and said thats fine, start 3rd jan instead.

now i dont want to mess my new employer and change start date yet again back to 19th dec, if i can enforce 1 week notice. not sure what to do now.

2 of us have ford focus, 1 a bmw, 1 a vw, and 1 a vauxhall corsa which is one of the affected ones that alledgly catches fire. lol

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Take your contract in tomorrow and ask the manager to show you where it states you need to give 1 months notice, because it doesn't!!

oh i will do. lol

• Like 3

Agree with everyone, that's a weeks notice.

25 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

By driving, I'd imagine...

They can't put it in your contract that you must own a Vauxhall.  Well, they could, but given that the mechanics know how bad the cars are, they know that none of them would acquiesce! 

:lol:

If Vauxhall garages stipulated all staff had to drive a Vauxhall: every garage would largely devoid of staff apart the odd misguided Corsa owning apprentice.

When Brandy and I walk besides the river, alongside the Wimborne Vauxhall dealership, judging by the staff parking area, BMW, Ford and VW are the chosen staff brands.

• Like 4

right, my contract is as clear as mud, what does everyone think now, found the Schedule 1 contract (15.3) was refering to , it states 1 month. very confused !! 

1481585949314.jpg

42 minutes ago, iantt said:

right, my contract is as clear as mud, what does everyone think now, found the Schedule 1 contract (15.3) was refering to , it states 1 month. very confused !! 

1481585949314.jpg

If you read what I typed before - ignore that.  Just realised that you said you have worked there for nine weeks, which means that unfortunately the "one month" notice period is valid, as per the schedule 1 table.

The employer is only required to give you 1 weeks notice if you are terminated, but you have to give one months if you resign.  Not fair, but that's how the contract stands unfortunately.

but in the 3 month probationary it says 1 week by employee or employer? this is what confuses, one is contradicting the other?

6 minutes ago, iantt said:

but in the 3 month probationary it says 1 week by employee or employer? this is what confuses, one is contradicting the other?

Good point, I didn't notice that at first.  It has been a couple of years since I last worked in a legal office, and of course the beer hasn't helped my observance... :ohmy:

The way I read it is that under one month you have to give no notice, over one month you give one weeks notice as per the probationary period, and after the three month probationary period you have to give one month. 

So in complete contradiction to what I said above - I revert to my original answer that the notice period for someone with over one months service but still within the probationary period is indeed only 1 week.

I'd say it was a week's notice, as the three months probationary period isn't up. 

The month's notice comes into force, only after the three months of probationary has ended, which it clearly hasn't after nine weeks

• Like 2

Just now, GMX said:

I'd say it was a week's notice, as the three months probationary period isn't up. 

The month's notice comes into force, only after the three months of probationary has ended, which it clearly hasn't after nine weeks

Exactly.  Far more succinct than my jumbled and convoluted mess of a reply!! :laugh:

• Like 3

It is poorly worded tbh, I'd say you could argue for either!!  :blink:  I mean you did sign something that simply states 1 month notice without any other information. :mellow:

Also, you're not allowed to put kettles in the general refuse bin, it needs to be disposed of at waste facility that deals with WEEE recycling, it'll even have a picture of a dustbin crossed out on it! :ohmy: :tongue:

14.1 clearly says it. In a probationary period less than one month no notice. More than one month 1 weeks notice. That is the only bit that affects you. Are you still under probation? yes.

Have you worked more than one month? Yes

Answer: one week notice.

• Like 1

Don't forget to factor in the other option, if you win the Euromillions tonight its then- 0 Days Notice!:laugh:

Fat chance of that though with the new odds so back to 1 weeks notice!

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club