Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Any takers for a wasps nest? Not sure what to do with it. They keep dive bombing me and the dog. Only just found it. 

Think dogs been stung as she is acting strangely and chewing her paws. Paw are red where she been chewing at them  

She's on the way to vets while I concidering how to deal with them!! 

IMG_20180718_181056.jpg

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Looks like the toothpaste incident was just the start of things to come!

Went to collect a car part late morning...no one there and the seller has stopped responding...

Then went to collect a medical item for my Nan...turns out she had also asked someone else to collect it, and they had done so yesterday...

Had moved some things around in preparation for someone visitting Nan's this afternoon who is usually late...but never even arrived today...not even a call to say they'd be late etc, I've had to leave due to other commitments this evening.

And while parked at Nans, the neighbour decided to jetwash his car on the adjacent driveway literally a foot away from mine, and in the 25c sun.  So the car I spent ages cleaning yesterday now has calcium deposits baked onto half the paintwork and I can't see a thing through the windscreen. :unsure:

Get this product. It removes water spots and gives the paint a really glossy wet look. This was a picture after cleaning the car a year ago with it in 20 degrees heat

DSC_0252.JPG

_20171114_201101.JPG

37 minutes ago, iantt said:

Any takers for a wasps nest? Not sure what to do with it. They keep dive bombing me and the dog. Only just found it. 

Think dogs been stung as she is acting strangely and chewing her paws. Paw are red where she been chewing at them  

She's on the way to vets while I concidering how to deal with them!! 

IMG_20180718_181056.jpg

Looks like you'd need to call a company which deal with that. They'd have the right protective clothing to tackle that. 

I've just text mate at work who is a bee keeper and he said there definitely wasps. And his advise was wd40!!!! Wtf! 

Yep, wd40 in hand and sprayed nest and wasps, then ran. Lol

Within 5 mins they had either died or flown off. Wd40,100 uses plus 1 .wasp killer.

And the shed door  hinges don't squeak either now.(that's where they were nesting) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, zain611 said:

Get this product. It removes water spots and gives the paint a really glossy wet look. This was a picture after cleaning the car a year ago with it in 20 degrees heat

DSC_0252.JPG

_20171114_201101.JPG

Ah that looks interesting!  I'll have to get my hands on some of that Koch... Wait, what... :laugh: 

But seriously, I didn't know there was a QD specifically for limescale.  I've been using Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer for the last couple of years but ran out last month.  Couldn't afford anything decent so am currently using Simoniz QD that was on offer in Tesco...not sure it's any better than water tbh!  I'll have to give it a go with that on the paint and supermarket glass cleaner for the window.  Really can't be bothered washing the whole car again, especially in this heat/sun.

(PS - Every time I see your car I want to gloss black the front grills :biggrin: )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah that looks interesting!  I'll have to get my hands on some of that Koch... Wait, what... :laugh: 

But seriously, I didn't know there was a QD specifically for limescale.  I've been using Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer for the last couple of years but ran out last month.  Couldn't afford anything decent so am currently using Simoniz QD that was on offer in Tesco...not sure it's any better than water tbh!  I'll have to give it a go with that on the paint and supermarket glass cleaner for the window.  Really can't be bothered washing the whole car again, especially in this heat/sun.

(PS - Every time I see your car I want to gloss black the front grills :biggrin: )

Yeah the Koch chemie fse is great. Has built in limescale remover to remove the mineral deposits. Great to use it on a hot day but not too hot. Was using it a few weeks back in this really hot weather and could see steam coming as the panel was really hot. 

Lol I don't like how faded the trims look. I did put on a trim dressing which did darken it a little. DSC_0476.thumb.JPG.31ea3346a5b82d43d3d1796bda5a5b09.JPG

Before and after. The door handles were light grey. DSC_0480.thumb.JPG.2b6ab0f30b3e651765c881306e793a7e.JPGDSC_0479.thumb.JPG.092f89568758969393c125b1037e3c43.JPG

_20180619_230642.JPG

DSC_0485.JPG

• Like 2

I don't like that in the two out of the three A/C seals kits which turned up at the dealer this morning, neither had the right size needed to fix my A/C.

They've got another kit coming this afternoon but they and I are not holding out much hope.

Looks like they're going to have to replace the entire condenser/accumulator unit (the big radiator thing in the front), just for a few damaged seals.

And to top it off, because it's unique to the ST/1.5EB, there is no stock available, the back order could take weeks to fulfil. 😡

Ford Fair is going to be unbearable with no A/C......

You can stand next to my window if you get too warm [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Haha 3

Okay 3rd seal kit didn't work. But turns out they don't have to order the entire condenser, there is some filter insert thing that goes in to the condenser which has the seals on it, so they've been able to just order that. Still on back order though. 😭

Nice to have my car back, they've made such an improvement between mk7 and mk8 imo.

• Like 1

Did they say why the seals are damaged so soon, just a one off poor installation or a bad batch maybe?

You're welcome to borrow my 14 year old Audi for FF...air con still ice cold in that!! :tongue:

• Like 1

It's some drop in filter for the accumulator with three ring seals to keep the coolant in. They reckon it was poorly fitted at the factory as all 3 had a nick out of them.

Fortunately it's just under the snorkel bit at the top of the condenser so they didn't have to remove much to get to it.

• Like 2

I don't like trying to get a genuine Nissan fuel filter for the Qashqai that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get delivered! 

Because many companies exclusively use couriers for deliveries it can cost us a lot to get stuff delivered up here.

Case in point....

Filter   £35.90
P+P    £26.78
VAT    £12.54
TOTAL £75.22

I've emailed the company to see if they'll post it instead and I've email our 'local' Nissan dealership as well. Thing is our nearest one is 140 miles and an hours boat journey away.

I've seen/heard that before right enough. It would be easier and cheaper to get one of those than one from Nissan, not easy to get a definite answer as to the manufacturer of the original parts. 

• Thanks 1

Email back from Inverness dealer...

Filter. £41.99+vat 

P+P   £5.00

Total   £55.40

That's better 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2018 at 11:34 AM, Turvey said:

I don't like trying to get a genuine Nissan fuel filter for the Qashqai that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get delivered! 

Because many companies exclusively use couriers for deliveries it can cost us a lot to get stuff delivered up here.

Case in point....

Filter   £35.90
P+P    £26.78
VAT    £12.54
TOTAL £75.22

I've emailed the company to see if they'll post it instead and I've email our 'local' Nissan dealership as well. Thing is our nearest one is 140 miles and an hours boat journey away.

Try Renault there they own Nissan 🤫

My 1.6TDCi focus needed an injector seal replaced and since it's a 1.6HDi engine the parts were cheaper from Peugeot than ford, 

Cut out the middle man enterprise 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

This 18 plate 3008... 😒 

Was that you in the dash cam car? I'd be happy that they hit the hard shoulder. There's a lot of idiots out there and never put yourself in a situation to rush as most of these low life's drive like that as they are rushing to get somewhere.

Sometimes I'd move closer to the car in front of me if I have a feeling there's a driver who's going to cut in. 

3 hours ago, Lenny said:

My 1.6TDCi focus needed an injector seal replaced and since it's a 1.6HDi engine the parts were cheaper from Peugeot than ford, 

That's a good point I forgot to mention. When I was getting the injectors reconditioned on my 1.6 TDCI I bought the seals kit on eBay and it specified for the peugeot 1.6hdi engine which is the same engine ford use. 

28 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Was that you in the dash cam car? I'd be happy that they hit the hard shoulder. There's a lot of idiots out there and never put yourself in a situation to rush as most of these low life's drive like that as they are rushing to get somewhere.

Yep, had no choice but to let him in, you can see the bonnet dip as I hit the brake.  There was a lot of debris that showered the OSF corner of my car when they hit the verge, sounded a bit heavy to just be dirt but doesn't appear to have done any damage fortunately.  They may need the wheel alignment checked now though. :laugh: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lenny said:

I knew they were the same engines etc but it never crossed my mind to try a Renault dealer! Not having one up here I Googled it and found one in Inverness......... the same one as the Nissan dealership! 😁

So, got one ordered, hopefully be here Thursday and *fingers crossed* it stops the problem we've been having. 

I don't like that I was kind enough to let a 55 plate Range Rover join traffic in front of me (I was already stationary as two cars further in front were waiting to turn off) but soon regretted my decision as they then toddled along at 35mph in 40/50mph limits, breaking at the slightest of bends in the road (a main A road) for the next 5 miles 😞

• Like 1

Sadly got a letter today for a ticket because I went through a no entry road. 

You can see in the picture there was a truck parked on the bottom left which was the way I came. I turned left from there but there was a car there. The idiot didn't let me pass so had to reverse out. It didn't look like I had space to turn out and go back out that road I came in so went through the no entry road however I did do a U turn. You can see the idiot was still on that road, well on the video it took him 5 seconds to move which was enough to think he was not going to move. Paid the £65 charge so all good. The council are crafty, if you want to make a query you have to send a letter whereas you just have to go online and pay the charge. I'm happy though there's no points for it but it also shows you should not be always helpful. 

Screenshot_20180725-114351.png

That has got to be annoying. Admittedly you've gone through the no entry the wrong way so it's a fair cop ticket. Would it even be worth an appeal if you've subsequently then exited the right way and back along the road you were trying to get down? Surely the footage of you heading back through will be present.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zico said:

That has got to be annoying. Admittedly you've gone through the no entry the wrong way so it's a fair cop ticket. Would it even be worth an appeal if you've subsequently then exited the right way and back along the road you were trying to get down? Surely the footage of you heading back through will be present.

When I was reversing out of the road on the left it looked like I hadn't got space to turn the other way but from the picture it looked like I did have space. Back then I thought I'd go down the no entry, do a U turn and go out. The idiot in the silver car was moving close to me whilst I was reversing out which kind of made it hard to think about adjusting and going out the way I came. It took him 5 seconds to decide to reverse back in that road and park. 

Problem with making an appeal is you have to post a letter about it. Funny when you can pay the charge online which is much quicker. Making an appeal I don't think will extend the time from which the charge will increase which also is risky. Its just a way of the council making money. Lesson learnt though and took me 3 years of driving to get a ticket. Happy aswell you don't get points for it. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club