Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like that it took an hour to recover from mowing the rear lawn and doing some weeding!  Perspiration was literally dripping off my face the entire time and for about 45 minutes afterwards.

Really strange as I normally manage it OK, a bit out of breath but not like today.  Must have been incredibly humid or something!

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 2:27 PM, TomsFocus said:

Lots of people seem to be getting pic errors this week. :unsure:

Still doing it now. Must be a forum issue. 

Good job I'm not epileptic...

Van driver parked on our road has left the 'moving plant' roof beacon flashing for over 3 hours now.  Surely the battery can't last much longer...shame it's not a Mk8 Fiesta... :tongue: :laugh:

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Good job I'm not epileptic...

Van driver parked on our road has left the 'moving plant' roof beacon flashing for over 3 hours now.  Surely the battery can't last much longer...shame it's not a Mk8 Fiesta... :tongue: :laugh:

For 6 months I worked in the Inspections side of the Highways team at work. Carrying out statuary inspections of driven and walked routes at a semi-fixed timeframe (routes continue to come through constantly throughout the year and have to be re-inspected within a set period else the authority could be held accountable for late inspections etc.).

I had a particularly busy day on a driven route in the middle of the sticks and, as it was wet, trying to record the jobs that needed raising was made difficult as you couldn't spray the areas that needed repairs. Ended up going back out later than evening as it had dried up during the day and marked them up. The LED beacon while on completely blinded me if I even glanced in the direction of the car. Still managed to sort everything out before heading back home.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zico said:

For 6 months I worked in the Inspections side of the Highways team at work. Carrying out statuary inspections of driven and walked routes at a semi-fixed timeframe (routes continue to come through constantly throughout the year and have to be re-inspected within a set period else the authority could be held accountable for late inspections etc.).

I had a particularly busy day on a driven route in the middle of the sticks and, as it was wet, trying to record the jobs that needed raising was made difficult as you couldn't spray the areas that needed repairs. Ended up going back out later than evening as it had dried up during the day and marked them up. The LED beacon while on completely blinded me if I even glanced in the direction of the car. Still managed to sort everything out before heading back home.

Tbf, it was still daylight when he parked and I first noticed it, but I don't understand how none of his neighbours noticed and let him know after dark, felt like I was at a rave.  It was still going 6+ hours later!  Of course, if he'd parked outside his house instead of leaving the eyesore outside ours he might've had more change of noticing himself. :whistling: 

• Like 1

In other news, the painful arms were back with a vengeance around 2am last night. :sad:  I did do a Tesco shop with a basket yesterday but wasn't even there 20 minutes.  Plus it wasn't a heavy basket as I can barely find anything that this damn body doesn't disagree with now.  I did try cleaning the oven on Sunday but failed as I just haven't got the strength to shift the burnt on stuff, can't see that taking 2 days to affect my arms though.  Had no chance of getting back to sleep as it was broad daylight at 4am and my guts were unsettled by then as well, sounded like a blocked drain and felt like I was wearing a corset.  My left eye is also getting worse, fuzzy at any distance which must be the astigmatism, the right eye is trying to compensate but not doing a brilliant job tbh.  I had planned to wash the car this week but daren't try it in case it is that sort of effort causing the arm issues.  And I've just seen the potential for 30c temps outside later this week.  I get dizzy and lightheaded by about 25c indoors!  Really trying not to be negative but I'm getting so fed of trying to drag this body through life each day.  Getting old isn't fun, 1 star, do not recommend! :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 2:54 PM, jmurray01 said:

I don't like that it took an hour to recover from mowing the rear lawn and doing some weeding!  Perspiration was literally dripping off my face the entire time and for about 45 minutes afterwards.

Really strange as I normally manage it OK, a bit out of breath but not like today.  Must have been incredibly humid or something!

We had to use our new heating system as air conditioning over the weekend for the first time! It was hot and a heavy air indeed, bit cooler now though 🙄

I don't like that the highlight of my week just now is watching the neighbours over the road get their weekly Tesco delivery! 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't like that the highlight of my week just now is watching the neighbours over the road get their weekly Tesco delivery! 

Can you see what they've got?  Always surprises me how many people round here buy French Sticks...  Such a pointlessly awkward item to carry and transport.  Plus they're all open and have been coughed on by other shoppers all day (before corona!)...  :unsure: :laugh: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Can you see what they've got?  Always surprises me how many people round here buy French Sticks...  Such a pointlessly awkward item to carry and transport.  Plus they're all open and have been coughed on by other shoppers all day (before corona!)...  :unsure: :laugh: 

Left for two days they make a great self defense weapon like carbon fiber 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

No French Sticks 😆 could only recognise kitchen roll as the rest was all in bags 😃

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Turvey said:

We had to use our new heating system as air conditioning over the weekend for the first time! It was hot and a heavy air indeed, bit cooler now though 🙄

Have you got an American HVAC style system now?

I don't like the amount of pollen in the air today...  Sneezing and blowing my nose going round Tesco, combined with my smoker's cough people must have thought I was infected! :ohmy:

2 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like the amount of pollen in the air today...  Sneezing and blowing my nose going round Tesco, combined with my smoker's cough people must have thought I was infected! :ohmy:

LOL😊

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

Have you got an American HVAC style system now?

Air to air source heating/cooling 😉

Have a look here to see it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

In other news, the painful arms were back with a vengeance around 2am last night. :sad:  I did do a Tesco shop with a basket yesterday but wasn't even there 20 minutes.  Plus it wasn't a heavy basket as I can barely find anything that this damn body doesn't disagree with now.  I did try cleaning the oven on Sunday but failed as I just haven't got the strength to shift the burnt on stuff, can't see that taking 2 days to affect my arms though.  Had no chance of getting back to sleep as it was broad daylight at 4am and my guts were unsettled by then as well, sounded like a blocked drain and felt like I was wearing a corset.  My left eye is also getting worse, fuzzy at any distance which must be the astigmatism, the right eye is trying to compensate but not doing a brilliant job tbh.  I had planned to wash the car this week but daren't try it in case it is that sort of effort causing the arm issues.  And I've just seen the potential for 30c temps outside later this week.  I get dizzy and lightheaded by about 25c indoors!  Really trying not to be negative but I'm getting so fed of trying to drag this body through life each day.  Getting old isn't fun, 1 star, do not recommend! :rolleyes: 

Tom do you take any vitamin supplements? Even the cheap own brand versions of A to Z for ~£1 or similar? I ask as if you struggle with your diet, it might be worth grabbing a bottle next time you shop. Sometimes a lack of something in the diet can have odd affects. One thing that I have to take more than usual is vitamin D (though I haven't renewed my prescription for a while) due to my bowel not absorbing things as efficiently as normal.

• Like 2

I don't like the fact I would normally be in Cornwall this week (one reason why I bought an ST Estate last year)
even without the virus I wouldn't be there, my girlfriend has been in hospital with her son for nearly a month.
Places are opening up on 4th July, but I expect to be off furlough and back at work by then,
I still probably wouldn't even go though because I normally go end of June to avoid the kids, but they aren't at school.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Zico said:

Tom do you take any vitamin supplements? Even the cheap own brand versions of A to Z for ~£1 or similar? I ask as if you struggle with your diet, it might be worth grabbing a bottle next time you shop. Sometimes a lack of something in the diet can have odd affects. One thing that I have to take more than usual is vitamin D (though I haven't renewed my prescription for a while) due to my bowel not absorbing things as efficiently as normal.

Happened again last night.  Didn't do anything strenuous at all yesterday so I'm wondering if it's all in my head now. :unsure:  Even specifically stopped sitting with my arms above my head (like an arm pillow, pretty comfortable!) in case it was that causing it.

I don't take any supplements, was told there isn't enough of any individual one to make a difference anyway.  I've had another diet analysis recently though.  As well as being around 1000 calories too low per day, I'm now also potentially low in - Magnesium, Iron, Zinc, Selenium, Iodine, Vitamin B2, Folate and Vitamin A.  But the way the work that out isn't brilliant, I'd put more faith in a pre-WLTP MPG book figure in all honesty. :laugh:  I know the real answer is to have blood tests done but that's not going to happen.  Tbh I don't even know how I'll get through a Corona jab when or if they become available.  I was thinking the other day, I'd like to be put out for a week, have all the jabs and tests done, have my teeth sorted out, have my bowels sorted out and a few other things, then wake up at the end of the week all fixed without having to be awake through any of it... :biggrin: 

• Like 1

@TomsFocus would still recommend getting the cheap own brand A to Z as if you are under the calories needed to maintain weight, you are likely missing out on some nutrients. I was going to grab some in Tesco when I went late the other night but the shelves were empty other than the more expensive branded ones at ~£5 or more.

• Like 2

"I do not like it" when you reccomend a garage that you have personally been using say 14 year's with no complaint's as all work carried out to a very good standard,never rip you etc..etc...
Only to have it bite you in the botty by ballsing up straight forward mot work..On my Son's simple Hyundai coup'e
I suppose i know why too!!!
The Owner of the gaff had a heart attack back in february,he is 64, and from what i can see..he is still recupriating..i started using this guy to help sort my mondeo woes..almost 15 year's ago(Old School)
Some other dude seem's to be running the place at the moment..
Anyway not impressed at all..so yes .
This Is Something I Definatley Dont Like..
Des.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 8:47 PM, Turvey said:

Air to air source heating/cooling 😉

Have a look here to see it. 

Ah right!  Gas is still cheaper for me as I'm on grid but in the future I may switch if the price of gas goes up substantially which it may well do. 

• Like 1

On the subject of energy...just submitted this month's meter readings...£63 for a summer month electric bill!! :unsure:

Don't know where it's gone tbh, no heating on now...surely the extra laptop charging and TV use during lockdown can't cost that much!  Need to wait for the new bill to be 'made' to see what the unit price is now but I can't believe that can be correct.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

On the subject of energy...just submitted this month's meter readings...£63 for a summer month electric bill!! :unsure:

Don't know where it's gone tbh, no heating on now...surely the extra laptop charging and TV use during lockdown can't cost that much!  Need to wait for the new bill to be 'made' to see what the unit price is now but I can't believe that can be correct.

Laptop charging and boiling water mats

My bill is €95 per month, three phones, four televisions electric shower, kettle and immersion heater, my fridge is leaking; theres a dilemma you wont read in the back pages of The Sun newspaper but it's a fact that is increasing my electricity bill and needs changing Schnelle. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

On the subject of energy...just submitted this month's meter readings...£63 for a summer month electric bill!! :unsure:y

Lol, comparing energy bills will turn out to be an even bigger can of worms than comparing mpg, but that's more than double ours at this time of year even though we've been at home 24/7 over the last 3 months for some reason.........😷

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club