Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX
聽Share

17 minutes ago, MasterTechTip said:

Things I don't like in a nutshell

20200903_212216.jpg

What , me or transits? 馃槄馃槄馃槄

I don't mind them as I see enough daily.聽

5 minutes ago, iantt said:

What , me or transits? 馃槄馃槄馃槄

I don't mind them as I see enough daily.聽

Transits haha not you, you're alright 馃槀 glad I got off commercial. I'm a bad technician, I don't like getting dirty 馃槀

• Like 1

I'm no different, I don't like getting dirty too , that's one of the reasons I now only work on brand new stuff. Done my 37 years getting dirty, last 3 been cleaner. 馃榾馃榾

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I never did, it was done before I bought it :laugh:

Question is do I report it to VOSA... :confused:

Good luck with that, VOSA disappeared 6 years ago! :biggrin:聽 It's DVSA nowadays...

They won't be interested though, the MOT is only true聽while it's on the test ramp...there's no way you can prove it didn't loosen in the meantime.聽 Caliper bolts can come聽loose with the heat changes and vibrations, new ones come supplied with threadlock for that reason.

MOT is just a legal requirement to me, I wouldn't聽trust any car to be 'safe' just because it had one.

13 hours ago, BigLen said:

Third World Problem man, 馃槀

The Struggle is Real聽

Some say I focus on the insignificant problems to distract from my life slipping down the pan...who knows... :whistling::laugh:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, iantt said:

I'm no different, I don't like getting dirty too , that's one of the reasons I now only work on brand new stuff. Done my 37 years getting dirty, last 3 been cleaner. 馃榾馃榾

I did college work experience at the Ford dealer (back in 2012 馃槷聽)...being a small guy that didn't like getting dirty, someone decided it would be best to stick me on the commercial side, where I could barely lift any of the components聽and kept gagging at the smells in the back of the vans. :laugh:聽聽

• Haha 1

Shoutout to the person that hit me on a roundabout yesterday! Good way to ruin a day 馃檮聽Thankfully no one was hurt, metal and plastic can be repaired at the end of the day.

464ECD53-426A-4EAB-B6AD-BAA5CD59D84E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

32 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Ow, any injuries?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thankfully not

10 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Their fault I hope.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It's always聽annoying when other drivers聽don't give way to the left on roundabouts! :whistling:聽聽

I'm guessing it was a side swipe on a multi-lane roundabout @dtulip8聽?聽 If so, people round here just couldn't give a ***** about lane discipline on roundabouts anymore.聽 I've had to come to a complete stop a few times in the last couple of weeks聽because people start to steer and then just cannot be arsed any longer and drift into my lane! :unsure:聽 Makes me look the fool to following cars though! :sad:

• Like 2

Started a new toothpaste this morning and thought it tasted a little different...had to double take when I looked at the flavour!聽:ermm::laugh:

anismint.thumb.jpg.9055cd739705b4b81583a7bdb7061940.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It's always聽annoying when other drivers聽don't give way to the left on roundabouts! :whistling:聽聽

I'm guessing it was a side swipe on a multi-lane roundabout @dtulip8聽?聽 If so, people round here just couldn't give a ***** about lane discipline on roundabouts anymore.聽 I've had to come to a complete stop a few times in the last couple of weeks聽because people start to steer and then just cannot be arsed any longer and drift into my lane! :unsure:聽 Makes me look the fool to following cars though! :sad:

Worse than that, guy was a right nutter! Stopped dead on the roundabout after being tooted聽聽for pulling out on me. I move round him and he tries to block me from exiting the roundabout and this is the result!

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Worse than that, guy was a right nutter! Stopped dead on the roundabout after being tooted聽聽for pulling out on me. I move round him and he tries to block me from exiting the roundabout and this is the result!

Should have reported it to the police as that would come under dangerous driving or driving without due care.聽

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Well, that's certainly an experience!聽:unsure:聽聽

Presumably he calmly gave you his insurance details afterwards? :rolleyes:聽 Was he even insured?

• Like 1

I don't like that my opinion of the last place I got the Focus MOTed at, has lowered even more than it was!聽

Had to get rear springs etc changed as one was broken. Don't know what made me check today but I've discovered that they've put the wheels on the wrong way around! 馃檮 Directional tyres are going in reverse! Yes I know I should have checked, but......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Well, that's certainly an experience!聽:unsure:聽聽

Presumably he calmly gave you his insurance details afterwards? :rolleyes:聽 Was he even insured?

Company vehicle so presumably didn鈥檛 care what happened to it, I got all his details though! It鈥檚 with insurance now and I鈥檓 just waiting to see what the outcome is. Probably go 50/50 as no one bothered to stop and be a witness 馃檮

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 9:17 AM, TomsFocus said:

Good luck with that, VOSA disappeared 6 years ago! :biggrin:聽 It's DVSA nowadays...

They won't be interested though, the MOT is only true聽while it's on the test ramp...there's no way you can prove it didn't loosen in the meantime.聽 Caliper bolts can come聽loose with the heat changes and vibrations, new ones come supplied with threadlock for that reason.

MOT is just a legal requirement to me, I wouldn't聽trust any car to be 'safe' just because it had one.

Yeah, I was thinking more of the poor welds if they turned out to be below standard, but again it would be a waste of time as that's an entirely subjective point of view.聽 Best to just rectify it and move on!

9 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like that my opinion of the last place I got the Focus MOTed at, has lowered even more than it was!聽

Had to get rear springs etc changed as one was broken. Don't know what made me check today but I've discovered that they've put the wheels on the wrong way around! 馃檮 Directional tyres are going in reverse! Yes I know I should have checked, but......

For goodness sake!!聽 You really can't rely on any of them these days.聽

• Like 1

Hate this stupid porsche cayenne driver cutting in front of me not long ago.聽

Should I report him guys? Only thing is in my dash cam clip I did get frustrated and was driving behind him a little close but probably will state my apologese for my frustration in the police report.聽

@Stoney871 what's your thought? Driver cut in front when using the left turn lane to undertake cars. Then further down the road used the bus lane to undertake more cars. Was frustrated and drove close behind but didn't follow him down the bus lane. Mum was yelling also 馃槀

I'm doing well with batteries this week...

After the TV remote last week, my tyre gauge is flat today.聽 (Technology has definitely come too far! :laugh:聽)

IMG_20200907_151918085.thumb.jpg.082886a5d8b6647bb86387ba59459beb.jpg

Remembered I had some CR2032s in stock!聽 But wait...all of those are dead too... :rolleyes:

IMG_20200907_151926360.thumb.jpg.045fc8c461500e50a6760fe544cfc5f5.jpg

Oh...maybe that's why!聽聽馃き

1619800821_IMG_20200907_1519486242.thumb.jpg.30490678e52a48f6685fe4b178c47ecb.jpg

So, errr...any recommendations for long lasting ones? :biggrin:

• Like 1

In other news, someone was shot near my flat this morning.聽

Air ambulance arrived while I was having a dump and is probably the loudest thing I have ever heard!聽 I assumed it was just someone dying of Covid and went shopping as planned...place was absolutely heaving with cop cars...聽 Wasn't until I got back I found out there was a gunman on the loose and they were telling everyone in the area to stay indoors.聽 Oh well... :laugh:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

In other news, someone was shot near my flat this morning.聽

Air ambulance arrived while I was having a dump and is probably the loudest thing I have ever heard!聽 I assumed it was just someone dying of Covid and went shopping as planned...place was absolutely heaving with cop cars...聽 Wasn't until I got back I found out there was a gunman on the loose and they were telling everyone in the area to stay indoors.聽 Oh well... :laugh:

Your dump was the loudest thing you ever heard?? 馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀 Must have been quite a dump. 馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀

• Haha 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club