Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

It's a flip.

Indeed it is, and a poor one at that. He could have at least taken his own ruddy picture!!

He's obviously on drugs if he expects to get £800 for that. £500 was pushing it (which he'll probably be doing if he drives it too long, being French...).

• Like 2

Not too fond of the muscular chest pains I'm getting right about now. Got the baby asleep on me, need drink and some pain killers but not going to happen...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I don't like taking Pretzel to the vet for her annual boosters etc, she absolutely HATES the vets with a passion, she's terrified of them and from the second we hit the car park she wants out! It's not an enjoyable time and for such a small dog she has SERIOUS power in her little legs... Might not have the speed but definitely has the torque!

• Like 3

I don't like taking Pretzel to the vet for her annual boosters etc, she absolutely HATES the vets with a passion, she's terrified of them and from the second we hit the car park she wants out! It's not an enjoyable time and for such a small dog she has SERIOUS power in her little legs... Might not have the speed but definitely has the torque!

Must be a Diesel powered pooch with all that torque . . . :)

• Like 2

Imagine doing that with 3 dogs.

One of my mates with the MoD Police had the vet to his Mali last week (one of a litter from my Mali when she was bred from a few years back) and he got so stressed that the dog tagged a kennel maid in the hand.

Not a playful nip either, but a full on teeth meeting type.

Suffice to say that my mate has a long re-assessment coming.

• Like 1

I recon it's as simple as the battery

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Either that or the charger (I've had situations in the past where they will provide running power but won't charge the battery).

I'm 90% sure that it's the laptop - probably the power connecter itself...I did get a flicker of charging when I knocked the laptop earlier.

It's not had an easy life lol

Aaaannnndddd it's an excuse to get a new toy :D

Pretzel waits until that long before protesting! Brandy starts her anti-vet protests a good four roads away (about a mile from the vet). Once I take the left lane, at the traffic light controlled junction in Oakdale, the anti-vet utterances begin.

Imagine doing that with 3 dogs.

One of my mates with the MoD Police had the vet to his Mali last week (one of a litter from my Mali when she was bred from a few years back) and he got so stressed that the dog tagged a kennel maid in the hand.

Not a playful nip either, but a full on teeth meeting type.

Suffice to say that my mate has a long re-assessment coming.

Brandy had a haematoma on her ear in 2009, when she returned to have her stitches removed, she refused to co-operate, teeth were bared, two assistants and the vet, found parts of themselves in Brandy's mouth. The second attempt, were they decided to try and sedate her failed too, no biting now as she found herself muzzled but writhed and wriggled, making it impossible to even get to the stitching! Nobody was going to touch her, as far as she was concerned.

She had to return the second day, to have a general anaesthetic, to have her stitches out. :lol: The vet said Brandy was one of a handful of his patients, who are so traumatised by the vet experience, that they need to be fully under, Brandy however, is the only dog patients; the others were cats.

I'm 90% sure that it's the laptop - probably the power connecter itself...I did get a flicker of charging when I knocked the laptop earlier.

It's not had an easy life lol

Aaaannnndddd it's an excuse to get a new toy :D

Have you tested the output from the charger with your multimeter?

From both the plug bare and on the pins on your motherboard?

• Like 1

Pretzel waits until that long before protesting! Brandy starts her anti-vet protests a good four roads away (about a mile from the vet). Once I take the left lane, at the traffic light controlled junction in Oakdale, the anti-vet utterances begin.

Well, with Jersey being 9x5 miles everywhere is near everywhere... Her vets is by the coast, and she loves car journeys, so she doesn't notice what's happening until the car park... Then it's brakes on...

She's a good egg and has only nibbled once... She would bite if she wanted too...

Well, with Jersey being 9x5 miles everywhere is near everywhere... Her vets is by the coast, and she loves car journeys, so she doesn't notice what's happening until the car park... Then it's brakes on...

She's a good egg and has only nibbled once... She would bite if she wanted too...

I suppose if she's used the closeness of everything in Jersey, it would only be the car park, that would confirm her suspicions. Whereas, apart from the odd diversion, it's only when going to the vet, do I take the left lane at Oakdale. So, Brandy has come to associate that junction with a vet trip

After the struggle of getting her in, the growling at the other patients; some of whom growl back, she quite likes to see the senior partner and the German partner, neither of whom were involved in the ear episode.

Have you tested the output from the charger with your multimeter?

From both the plug bare and on the pins on your motherboard?

No - can't find the flippin' thing...it's round here somewhere lol

I do get the occasional flicker of a charge light if I accidentally knock the laptop, so I'm confident that there is power at the plug.

Just bought a new laptop anyway...I know someone who might want to fix it and use it for Cadets - so it's not a complete loss (he'll have to find a new HDD too...I'm keeping that!!)

My two work dogs always see the same vet that comes to the kennel block at the MoD Police facility in the local Naval base because else they would have to go to Exeter for everything.

As soon as they know they are entering the base they go hyper.

The collie goes to a local vet attached to a large park in Plymouth and as soon as I park up outside he drags me through the park for a run.

If I change direction and head to the Vet office he suddenly looks a lot more serious.

Strangely my Mali is fine with Vets and is mellow as can be.

The Springer just wants to get out the door but the Collie grumbles and growls like good'un.

Vet has to muzzle him when looking in ears and especially when doing his kennel cough which he hates with a passion.

• Like 2

Perhaps there's something that collies pass from mother to puppy, about not liking going to the vets :P

Brandy's mother was a collie; her father was a gamekeeper's working Welsh springer

• Like 1

The collie doesn't take crap from the other two.

He's the boss of them for sure even though the Mali has a good 10kg on him.

• Like 1

The collie doesn't take crap from the other two.

He's the boss of them for sure even though the Mali has a good 10kg on him.

Bunty the older cat is boss of my three, Molly is the under-boss and Brandy finds herself at the bottom of the pecking order, despite being here longer than the cats. All the previous cats took dominance over her too

Molly the younger cat, even annexes Brandy's kitchen cushion and pushes the curled up Brandy off it :huh:

Molly is 15% of the weight of Brandy :lol:

Pretzel just hates everything about the vets, she's not to bothered about injections and all that lot because she's basically doing 100mph on the spot trying to get out. She gets great grip on that rubbery vet table... As I said she's not one to bite the vet, it's more just that she wants to get away rather than get angry for anything. However if she has a sore paw she'll nibble you or the vet if it's played with...

My two work dogs always see the same vet that comes to the kennel block at the MoD Police facility in the local Naval base because else they would have to go to Exeter for everything.

As soon as they know they are entering the base they go hyper.

The collie goes to a local vet attached to a large park in Plymouth and as soon as I park up outside he drags me through the park for a run.

If I change direction and head to the Vet office he suddenly looks a lot more serious.

Strangely my Mali is fine with Vets and is mellow as can be.

The Springer just wants to get out the door but the Collie grumbles and growls like good'un.

Vet has to muzzle him when looking in ears and especially when doing his kennel cough which he hates with a passion.

To be fair, I don't like that place much either :P
  • Like 1

Pretzel just hates everything about the vets, she's not to bothered about injections and all that lot because she's basically doing 100mph on the spot trying to get out. She gets great grip on that rubbery vet table... As I said she's not one to bite the vet, it's more just that she wants to get away rather than get angry for anything. However if she has a sore paw she'll nibble you or the vet if it's played with...

Brandy doesn't like her thighs and rear paws being touched, not just by vets; by anyone.

As a consequence of something I think, that befell her, before she was rescued :( She loathes small scruffy men, who dress in all black clothes too

She loathes small scruffy men, who dress in all black clothes too

...so do I...

• Like 1

I don't like company employees who make the customers look intelligent...

Casper our doggy is ok until he gets into the room then he tries going for the door and by christ is he quick lol. I don't like, in fact I hate that I have to discipline our eldest(4), I come home from work and Cheryl is always like "Matt you sort her out" she thinks and acts like a teenager, I'm getting fed up with it, all I do is shout at her, I'm at work before she gets up and I'm back an hour before bed. So now daddy is the bad guy all the time.

Casper our doggy is ok until he gets into the room then he tries going for the door and by christ is he quick lol. I don't like, in fact I hate that I have to discipline our eldest(4), I come home from work and Cheryl is always like "Matt you sort her out" she thinks and acts like a teenager, I'm getting fed up with it, all I do is shout at her, I'm at work before she gets up and I'm back an hour before bed. So now daddy is the bad guy all the time.

I'm not father, but I've witnessed good dad/bad dad when my sister and her husband split, he played good dad until they sat down and had a chat and realised that they need to think of the future rather than the present... But Yeh... I can understand not liking that job!

I don't like looking at all the focus ST estates on autotrader and drooling in misery...

• Like 2

I've been doing that with BMWs and the Focus St lol, I can afford to get a new car but I've only had mine 7 odd months and I just can't condone getting rid of it yet.

I've been doing that with BMWs and the Focus St lol, I can afford to get a new car but I've only had mine 7 odd months and I just can't condone getting rid of it yet.

£16-17k's worth of ST?

I'd only had my last car 9 months when I ordered the ST. Sometimes it's just the right thing to do

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

£16-17k's worth of ST?

Nope, can get 60 plates for less than £13k. Not in Tangerine Scream though, there was a 60 plate at furrows when I went to look at my car, but it was £14k and they wouldn't go lower, wouldn't go lower on mine either

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club