Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Whisky does wonders for toothache

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

It's more than that though James, my jaw itself is in extreme pain now.

In which case large doses of whisky are advised.

Call 111 and see if there is an out of hours dentist?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not getting wisdom teeth coming through are you? I hate those !Removed! things!

Not getting wisdom teeth coming through are you? I hate those !Removed! things!

Could be actually, did a quick Google check and they say the average age for those is 20, which I am.

The pain isn't so bad today, I think because I'm not at work so don't have to talk non-stop.

I seem to be coming down with something, I've had that pre-flu weird head feeling all day, it's not developed beyond that yet.

It's till unnaturally warm, too warm for early January, 14°C outside and with all the PCs on in here, about 35°C! Even having all the windows open, hasn't reduced it much :huh:

I seem to be coming down with something, I've had that pre-flu weird head feeling all day, it's not developed beyond that yet.

It's till unnaturally warm, too warm for early January, 14°C outside and with all the PCs on in here, about 35°C! Even having all the windows open, hasn't reduced it much :huh:

I've been feeling exactly the same, wondering if it is something going around?

I've been feeling exactly the same, wondering if it is something going around?

Quite likely :mellow:

Next brother down had something which delayed his Christmas visit until last Monday, and SeanW and his family had something, earlier in the week

Actually Brandy is herself either, she refused both a stinky stick and a dry roast ear, last night

We've all been struck down with a flu, I even had my first afternoon off sick because of it the other week, boss didn't even ask me why lol, so I must of looked like cow poo! I thought I was getting over it but it's materialised again

Could be actually, did a quick Google check and they say the average age for those is 20, which I am.

The pain isn't so bad today, I think because I'm not at work so don't have to talk non-stop.

They're so pointless...it's not like any of us spend the first ~20 years unable to eat properly due to lacking teeth, or like theres enough room in there for extra ones! Mine came through about 4 years ago, but 1 got 'stuck', one got half way and the other 2 came through but are so far back I struggle to clean them without gagging. :( Doesn't help that I'm terrified of dentists so put up with jaw ache ever since, almost certain they'd want to take at least 2 out and I just can't cope with that atm. :(

35c indoors? No wonder you feel ill lol! I've been chilly in here all day tbh, partly my fault though as I couldn't be bothered to go out for a walk...feels warmer when you come back in after that lol.

I've heard of spreading viruses via the internet...but not this sort lol

Dad is currently in hospital because of it (he's on chemo for Rheumatoid Arthritis - so his immune system is pretty much shot).

Mother has also had it now. Although, I'm the only one who hasn't been physically sick!!

I guess eating MOD food has some advantages...if I can keep that down, I can keep anything down :whistling:

• Like 2

What I dont like is ive just had a shower and the ceiling below has just colapsed in a wet soggy pile on the hallway. Think I must have had a leak for a while, im going to learn to be a plumber and plasterer tommorow.

• Like 1

What I dont like is ive just had a shower and the ceiling below has just colapsed in a wet soggy pile on the hallway. Think I must have had a leak for a while, im going to learn to be a plumber and plasterer tommorow.

Was it a new build when you bought it?

Both my bathrooms had this ^ happen, it turned out the builder's plumbing contractor was a little negligent when connecting the showers up. To say the union were too loose would not be doing justice to 'loose'.

It wasn't noticeable at first, after about 6 months, every time one of the showers were used, there would be an unexplained puddle in the lounge or hall, below. Brandy and the cats were blamed. Then one day, during a shower in the master bedroom bathroom, half the ceiling fell off in the lounge, in a very soggy condition.

Wasn't sure whether to use the household insurance or the NCHB guarantee. After some investigation and getting an independent plumber out too, a claim went in under NCHB scheme, as there were too many faults to be just 'one of those things'

The independent plumber then checked all the unions and pipework, not just with showers but the whole water system. His report found all the showers weren't connected correctly, nor were the baths and two of the toilets were 'iffy'. Only the sinks in kitchen and utility rooms and the downstairs loo had been connected correctly.

Good grief! Not a good start to 2016... Makes me glad I'm in a council house, if anything like that happens it's just a case of making a call and letting them fix it at no cost. Problem is, it's the council so they'd probably put off repairing it until summer of 2018.

The main issue with wisdom teeth is if they grow towards your back molars as it can then push on them causing problems.

All four of mine have fortunately come through in sort of the right direction. Top two are at about 30-45 degrees facing towards my cheeks though which gives a perfect awkward platform for food and plaque to get stuck on.

Bottom two are straight but off line towards my cheeks which means that I have slight overhangs over the teeth and the slightest inflammation causes me to bite down on the inside of my cheek at the back.

I bought a special toothbrush for reaching the wisdom teeth after advice from my hygienist but find I only need to use it when stuff gets stuck and it gets inflamed.

The dentist has started to say, if it becomes a problem... At which point I have always said no, no its fine I can get it back to normal after a few days.

Now they are through most (if not all) the way it is not as bad as when they first started to come through. It was like teething, lol.

We had a bathroom fitted a couple of years ago, and they didn't plumb the bath drain in properly. Kitchen ceiling collapsed directly underneath it.

B&Q came out to repair the bath, but were going to leave the ceiling - pfft...yeah, right!! Mother had a word!! They patched it up and painted it. Just that corner - bare in mind the ceiling is artexed. She quietly informed them that the repair had to blend in. They tried to re-artex it, couldn't - so gave in and replastered the whole ceiling lol

(Although, they did cheat around the light, as I found out a couple of weeks ago!)

On the topic of showers/leaks we used to get mould starting to grow in the kitchen under the bath when the sealant around it started to go at our old house, but living in a bungalow now so don't think we will have any warning. Might have to pull the bath panel off and give it a check every once in a while.

Still shouldn't be as bad as when we first moved in and the builder who had refurbished the place did a shoddy job on the washing machine waste pipe causing it to push apart and just dump under the bungalow...

The main issue with wisdom teeth is if they grow towards your back molars as it can then push on them causing problems.

All four of mine have fortunately come through in sort of the right direction. Top two are at about 30-45 degrees facing towards my cheeks though which gives a perfect awkward platform for food and plaque to get stuck on.

Bottom two are straight but off line towards my cheeks which means that I have slight overhangs over the teeth and the slightest inflammation causes me to bite down on the inside of my cheek at the back.

I bought a special toothbrush for reaching the wisdom teeth after advice from my hygienist but find I only need to use it when stuff gets stuck and it gets inflamed.

The dentist has started to say, if it becomes a problem... At which point I have always said no, no its fine I can get it back to normal after a few days.

Now they are through most (if not all) the way it is not as bad as when they first started to come through. It was like teething, lol.

Well, I hope mine correct themselves... I hate dentists and what makes it worse is I don't even think I'd get treatment on the NHS as I pay tax!

I'll suffer in silence for a few weeks at least, and take it from there.

It's ironic that I'm the first person to nag somebody to go to the doctors/dentist about anything but when it is me, I'll ignore it for as long as possible. God forbid I ever have a heart attack or anything as I'd probably be dead before I admitted I needed help.

Im glad i do all my own plumbing, dont really trust alot of trades people to be honest. There are so many cowboys out there that will happily take your money and leave you with a bodge job. The good ones seem impossible to find!

Is it the waste leaking Ian or just the bath seal? Dont bother with any of those sealing strips, they are rubbish and collect mold!

Im a bit on the heavy side at around 19 stone so i fill my bath completely with water rather than the usual half fill to allow for more movement when im in it and then mask the tiles and the bath to leave nice straight lines when applying the silicone. If its a shower tray then still use the tape and i would gently place a few weights in the tray to take any flex out of it while the silicone sets.

Too many people dont allow for the movement by filling with water and then wonder why the silicone fails as its stretching too much as the bath flexes. To help with the natural movement of plastic baths i fitted 8 adjustable cabinet legs all along the bottom of ours so it feels solid now when im in it as its so well supported.

Fitted a new suite and tiles in our house a few weeks ago so had to do the silicone on mine. The masking tape method makes it a lot neater and easier.

post-65127-145180457221_thumb.jpg

Dont know where its leaking until I take a bit more of the ceiling down , basically its a shower unit in our e suite, dont know if its the waste or the pipes behind the tiling, its mains fed hot and cold with mixer taps and shower head comes out tiles, so no pipes to see , hope it is waste then I should be able to fix it from underneath hopefully, if it isnt then could be the pipe from mixer to head, then im in trouble, no way to get at that other than cutting plasterboard/tiles off.

I don't like waking up at 4am with severe stomach pains and certain I'm gonna chuck (which I can't cope with)... 20 minutes of odd noises and trying not to move later and it turns out to be gas... <_< :lol: Only to be immediately replaced with hunger pains instead! :rolleyes:

I also don't like the fact it still smells of bacon in here from last night, don't think that helped lol.

I don't like waking up at 4am with severe stomach pains and certain I'm gonna chuck (which I can't cope with)... 20 minutes of odd noises and trying not to move later and it turns out to be gas... <_< :lol: Only to be immediately replaced with hunger pains instead! :rolleyes:

I also don't like the fact it still smells of bacon in here from last night, don't think that helped lol.

How odd - I had the exact same thing...

• Like 1

Dont know where its leaking until I take a bit more of the ceiling down , basically its a shower unit in our e suite, dont know if its the waste or the pipes behind the tiling, its mains fed hot and cold with mixer taps and shower head comes out tiles, so no pipes to see , hope it is waste then I should be able to fix it from underneath hopefully, if it isnt then could be the pipe from mixer to head, then im in trouble, no way to get at that other than cutting plasterboard/tiles off.

Hopefully its just the waste then that can be accessed once you remove the damaged ceiling. Good luck!;)

I don't like the fact that the NOC (Nissan Owners Club - run by the same admin as this forum I believe) is absolutely dead compared to this forum...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club