Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Being 6'6" is handy when it comes to food... Lots of storage space..

• Like 1

I don't like following online procedures to fix the issue I have with Windows 10 not letting me log in, only to find that it won't let me log in on Safe Mode either so I can't even do that!

Will try a few more things but this could end up being the end of the laptop's life if I can't fix it myself, as it isn't worth getting a professional repair.

• Like 1

Don't talk to me about win10. Since the update i have had to run the pc on 2 cores rather than 4. And set it back to 3ghz :(

Surprised to hear about issues with Win 10. I have found it to work great both home and work.

If you are having login trouble it might be worth wiping and doing a clean install than binning the PC.

Feel free to PM me if you want help with the PC. I do it for a living.

Don't talk to me about win10. Since the update i have had to run the pc on 2 cores rather than 4. And set it back to 3ghz :(

If only I had listened to those reviews before "upgrading" the laptop. Thankfully I anticipated problems and did it on the least important PC leaving the desktop and my main laptop on Vista and 7 respectively.

• Like 1

Surprised to hear about issues with Win 10. I have found it to work great both home and work.

If you are having login trouble it might be worth wiping and doing a clean install than binning the PC.

Feel free to PM me if you want help with the PC. I do it for a living.

Thanks Alex, but I'm sure I'll get it sorted. I'm pretty good with computers although have gotten rusty in recent years.

Doing a clean install as I type this, will see if that works, although in the end I'll still be stuck with 10.

If only I had listened to those reviews before "upgrading" the laptop. Thankfully I anticipated problems and did it on the least important PC leaving the desktop and my main laptop on Vista and 7 respectively.

Well mine has been working for months (I got it the day after it was released) but the last update has just upset everything.

I have a feeling my PSU might be on its way out so it might not be a win10 fault. The blue screen I get is an error sent straight from the CPU so we'll have to see.

Well, looks like that plan has failed:

post-15085-0-18582300-1451168484_thumb.j

Clicked "OK" and it restarted, only to keep coming up the same message:

post-15085-0-53628000-1451168508_thumb.j

I can't be doing with it anymore. It would need a complete HDD wipe and reinstall, and I've got no installation/recovery CDs for it.

Looks like it is going in my "graveyard" of dead computing equipment.

Will have to buy my mother a new laptop when I get paid at the end of January. More expense I can't really afford - yay!! :angry:

Sounds like you're seeing the effects of a hijackware infection, most possibly compounded by a W32/Alureon-variant rootkit infection.

Try rebooting and hit F8.

Insert an installation disc and try an OS repair.

You may want to try a rootkit anti-virus programme that can run from a memory stick to check the registry for corrupted entries.

http://www.howtogeek.com/175234/how-to-use-an-antivirus-boot-disc-or-usb-drive-to-ensure-your-computer-is-clean/

• Like 1

Well, looks like that plan has failed:

attachicon.gifWP_20151226_22_18_17_Pro.jpg

Clicked "OK" and it restarted, only to keep coming up the same message:

attachicon.gifWP_20151226_22_19_04_Pro.jpg

I can't be doing with it anymore. It would need a complete HDD wipe and reinstall, and I've got no installation/recovery CDs for it.

Looks like it is going in my "graveyard" of dead computing equipment.

Will have to buy my mother a new laptop when I get paid at the end of January. More expense I can't really afford - yay!! :angry:

Not necessarily :)

Providing you know, manufacturer, the model no and the serial no of your laptop (and type no, if appropriate).

It shouldn't be too hard to track down an ISO or zipped folder for your installation/recovery CDs. I've done several times, for mates with none, or obsolete PCs/laptops

You can download an iso/install for win 10 from Ms anyway.

Might want to get memtest running for a few hours if you want to check for hardware failure though.

Otherwise just wipe and start again.

• Like 2

9 stone? I weigh 10 stone and am only 5'5 (roughly). Yet, I have a very skinny appearance.

Yep, well, just under 9 stone, 56 Kilos at the last check last week... Used to be a 'massive' 10.5 stone until about year 9 of school, been around 9 stone for the last 10 years now!

I tend to wear big hoodies though, so don't actually look all that skinny lol, well while clothed anyway!

As for win10, I really need to get round to trying a fresh install on the laptop, still laggy! Yet the PC on 10 is fine.

I don't like getting up and walking half way to the door, only to forget what I got up for...

Haha, I just weighed myself yesterday, 16 stone 7lbs!

I'm about the same I think. I know I've put weight on over the last few months. I'm a shade under 6'2" and quite broad, so don't look that big...sort of the opposite problem to Tom below...look fine whilst clothed lol

(Aaaannnndddd now you're all imagining me naked :D sucks to be you :P)

...I tend to wear big hoodies though, so don't actually look all that skinny lol, well while clothed anyway...

I'd like to do something about it in the New Year. Not so much worried about losing weight, but I would like to be a bit fitter!!

I'm about the same I think. I know I've put weight on over the last few months. I'm a shade under 6'2" and quite broad, so don't look that big...sort of the opposite problem to Tom below...look fine whilst clothed lol

(Aaaannnndddd now you're all imagining me naked :D sucks to be you :P)

I'd like to do something about it in the New Year. Not so much worried about losing weight, but I would like to be a bit fitter!!

I'm all for gaining a bit more weight, I reckon I could easily stick another stone on my frame, but without it being made up of kfc... I could probably lose 3% body fat to get to a decent physique..

I'm about 5' 9" and used to weigh over 16 stone.

Managed to shed 5 stone a couple of years ago and felt so much better for it. Before lead up to Christmas I was about half a stone heavier than I want to be and by time I go back to work I wouldn't be surprised if that was a stone over my target weight.

I have the sort of metabolism that means I put on weight just from looking at something fattening, lol.

I love chocolate and Christmas is my time off from watching my weight. I'll just have to get back on the ball after Christmas.

Chocolate isn't my main problem though. If its not in the house I don't crave it and go and buy some, so other than Christmas and birthdays I generally avoid it. The problem is portion control and my appetite (or should it be ability?) to put away way more food than I should.

My dad is the opposite. He is knick named chicken legs at work because he is about the same height as me, only weighs 9 stone and never seems to put on weight no matter how hard we try.

TL;DR

I don't like people who can eat as much as they like without putting on weight while I seem to inflate like a balloon just looking at something bad for me...

If it's not there then that's fine but it seems one of the main things people get you.

Like 'Thanks for the help over the 12 months' have a box of chocs.

Don't think it would be the same if you unwrap a salad tub lol.

• Like 1

If it's not there then that's fine but it seems one of the main things people get you.

Like 'Thanks for the help over the 12 months' have a box of chocs.

Don't think it would be the same if you unwrap a salad tub lol.

My mum has bought me 2 enormous 390g bars of galaxy.

Yes it is my favourite but a little 50g or whatever the smallest would have done me quite happy. Not nearly a kilo of it... Is she trying to make me fat again?

I also got a box of Thorntons and a massive box of shortbread from work. They all know how hard I had to work to get the weight off in the first place.

Think I'm going to have to give it away or something.

My Dad bought me a Cadburys selection box for xmas... Yes, I'm nearly 24...think he's lost a few years somewhere! :lol:

I don't actually like chocolate though so other than that, people don't buy me it... However they know I like biscuits... I've got about 3 months worth in the cupboard now from xmas!! :lol:

I would also like to get healthier next year. I'm not fussed by weight really, but I would like more strength and stamina... Haven't been doing any 'heavy' car work for quite a few months now and when it came to trying to move a rear axle last week I really struggled with it - had to drag it as I couldn't lift it! Have moved about with reasonable ease before so would like to get back to that state ideally. Stamina is something I can't remember ever having though, run out of puff just polishing the car and stuff like that. :s

My Dad bought me a Cadburys selection box for xmas... Yes, I'm nearly 24...think he's lost a few years somewhere! :lol:

I don't actually like chocolate though so other than that, people don't buy me it... However they know I like biscuits... I've got about 3 months worth in the cupboard now from xmas!! :lol:

I would also like to get healthier next year. I'm not fussed by weight really, but I would like more strength and stamina... Haven't been doing any 'heavy' car work for quite a few months now and when it came to trying to move a rear axle last week I really struggled with it - had to drag it as I couldn't lift it! Have moved about with reasonable ease before so would like to get back to that state ideally. Stamina is something I can't remember ever having though, run out of puff just polishing the car and stuff like that. :s

Hmm I seemed to get masses of chocolates this year. I think my wife got me a chocolate orange and a box of m&m's which are very yummy... But other people got me those little green and blacks selection bars.... And like yourself, I'm not THAT into chocolate, so it's sort of wasted on me....

Fitness is a pain, I need to up that for rugby...

• Like 1

They only heavy lifting I really do is lugging about massive 6U servers which weigh about 28kg.

I definitely seem to be stronger than when I first started at my work. I used to struggle with them a bit and after a batch of 5 could really feel it.

We had a massive demand for them on the run up to Christmas and we built 20 to 30 of them in a few weeks and I had no trouble moving them about. Had to help my colleagues with them too, lol.

I know I should exercise more but I get no enjoyment out of it all. Add that to the list of things I don't like, lol.

I would say 28kg is enough really, just a bit less than a 5 speed gearbox lol.

I don't like proper exercise either, but if I can do more car work, gardening, walking, housework etc and get fitter doing that that's ideal for me! I'd rather not be surrounded by ripped, sweaty men in a gym. :lol:

• Like 1

I would say 28kg is enough really, just a bit less than a 5 speed gearbox lol.

I don't like proper exercise either, but if I can do more car work, gardening, walking, housework etc and get fitter doing that that's ideal for me! I'd rather not be surrounded by ripped, sweaty men in a gym. :lol:

Come to my gym... I'm not ripped :lol:

To be honest I quite enjoy the gym, it's a challenge to me, I try to keep a close eye on my 'stats' and try to progress and improve them, so I make a game out of it I guess. Also the more you go, the more you want to go, so it's getting over that hurdle of personal laziness (for me!) and then I break through the barrier and I decide I WANT to go...the first 3-4 times is a drag and a depressing time...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club