Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I had to get myself a ring pull opener after an incident with a can when I was younger.

Stays with you. I still can't bring myself to open a ring pull can without an opener.

Sliced up the inside of my thumb as I opened it. Didn't end up in A and E but remember spending a long time with my arm in the air because the damn thing wouldn't stop bleeding.

I had to get myself a ring pull opener after an incident with a can when I was younger.

Stays with you. I still can't bring myself to open a ring pull can without an opener.

Sliced up the inside of my thumb as I opened it. Didn't end up in A and E but remember spending a long time with my arm in the air because the damn thing wouldn't stop bleeding.

That's exactly what happened to me, only it was a bit further down and ended up going through the skin between my thumb and forefinger. I was quite young at the time as well so genuinely thought I was going to bleed to death!!

There is no scar, remarkably:

post-15085-0-92496400-1451262170_thumb.j

Oooooooo......I can feel that from your description. :o

When I had a scalpel embedded in the top of my foot a couple of years ago, it took ages, far longer than my semi-severed finger injuries to stop bleeding.

Trying to keep your foot above your heart in a comedy moment in itself, particularly when you have an entire loo roll strapped to the elevated limb, with your belt!

I lay on the bathroom floor in the end, with my foot against the shower door :lol:

Not a fan of being up for 23 of the last 24 hours and I have 6 hour "shift" ahead of me

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Not a fan of being up for 23 of the last 24 hours and I have 6 hour "shift" ahead of me

Has your wife gone into labour then?

A micro-jeebowhite arrival is imminent?

Already done. Wad at the hospital from 1am yesterday morning. I'm on the night shift trying to allow her to recover

• Like 1

Already done. Wad at the hospital from 1am yesterday morning. I'm on the night shift trying to allow her to recover

Strong coffee and energy drinks but don't overdo it, you don't want to be buzzing, to keep you going for the next 6 hours.

And eat something high in anti-oxidants like watercress and blueberries too

Sadly none are working. Even before tonight the last 8 nights have been woeful, so I'm no longer running on fumes, I'm gliding to the crash landing

Coming down to kitchen to make a coffee, finding the kitchen door had blown shut and a yellow lake on the floor :(

• Like 2

When someone offers me something like a chocolate or something and I decline politely "no, honestly I'm fine right now, thanks very much though" for them to reply:

"Oh well, more for me then.."

I can't tell whether they think they're funny, they think my reply was ungrateful or what?!? Sorry I don't stuff my face with chocolates 24/7 and on this occasion I declined your offer... Honestly makes me want to throw a chair through the window!!!!...with you sitting in it!

• Like 2

Lol, people get so offended if you turn down food/drink. Something I do regularly! Only very few people know about my OCD food problems so the rest just think I'm an ungrateful !Removed!... :lol:

• Like 2

Oops....

As for the food thing, I normally just say "no thank you" but as they normally ask me about 10 times I thought I'd make a point of declaring how thankful I am...

I don't have a problem with accepting food so much, it's just that if I'm hungry, I eat.... If I want, I'll get... I don't really wait around to be thrown a bone... So chances are, I won't be interested...

post-30230-145132819741_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Oops....

As for the food thing, I normally just say "no thank you" but as they normally ask me about 10 times I thought I'd make a point of declaring how thankful I am...

I don't have a problem with accepting food so much, it's just that if I'm hungry, I eat.... If I want, I'll get... I don't really wait around to be thrown a bone... So chances are, I won't be interested...

I know someone who will not take no for an answer, and the whole period of a visit is interspersed with repeated food offerings and polite "no thanks, I'm fine, thanks for asking" As if they don't actually believe you and need to constantly check

Rather inappropriate placement for the Europarts ad directly below the RTC story, almost "crashed your car? come to us for parts to mend it!"

• Like 1

I know someone who will not take no for an answer, and the whole period of a visit is interspersed with repeated food offerings and polite "no thanks, I'm fine, thanks for asking" As if they don't actually believe you and need to constantly check

Rather inappropriate placement for the Europarts ad directly below the RTC story, almost "crashed your car? come to us for parts to mend it!"

Haha, hadn't noticed that!

I find it challenging as I normally am big on eating, but I know what I eat, and if I eat crap food then it's through my doing... Not anyone else's. I don't need to be tempted to eat badly by people who have no inclination to remain healthy.. And then made to feel ungrateful as a result!

Also, I like to remain polite and civil, however if polite doesn't work a few times then I will test the waters with rude, if rude doesn't work then I'm likely to snap!

People who ask for help/advice and when you give it don't take it or use it, then go on to ask others for the same thing!

• Like 2

People who ask for help/advice and when you give it don't take it or use it, then go on to ask others for the same thing!

A few of those on here . . .

• Like 3

Oh I know a few of those...

• Like 2

mmmmm.........there are few of those scattered about on FOC

• Like 1

Oh I know a few of those...

Name and shame! That could be a new thread!

:oops: Inadvertently shut Brandy in a spare bedroom whilst vacuuming earlier. I did wonder where she was, had assumed she was downstairs or outside doing dog things.

It was the sudden howling and then whimpering that alerted me to her being lost in the house, somewhere.

I hope we haven't had a repeat of yellow lake, it's carpeted in there :wacko:

I don't like driving to the supermarket on what feels like a normal weekday to find it's closed and remember its it's one of those fake weekdays where the shops close early... :lol:

• Like 3

Know what you mean, got a mate who asks me about his ranger all the time then turns round to tell me I cant be right and goes to a garage to be told the same as my advise, does it time after time. As if I know nothing about fords!! Ha ha.
  • Like 2

I don't like driving to the supermarket on what feels like a normal weekday to find it's closed and remember its it's one of those fake weekdays where the shops close early... :lol:

I made the mistake of going to do some banking before my Tesco visit, I had forgotten all about it being a holiday for banks :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club